Not-a-cluey FACT: Longer to Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so. If Billy can fulfil his potential, it's a steal.

Wow that's one hell of a price to pay for just Longer. Surely there's another pick involved coming Hawk's way?
Billy was taken pick 8 in the 2011 draft, he hasn't been given a chance to show what he's got. Our first pick is #18 in the draft, that might be all that's required.

Billy was taken pick 8 in the 2011 draft, he hasn't been given a chance to show what he's got. Our first pick is #18 in the draft, that might be all that's required.

HP said 18 + Savage though? That just seems like an outrageous price to pay for a kid - even if he was a top 10 pick.

HP said 18 + Savage though? That just seems like an outrageous price to pay for a kid - even if he was a top 10 pick.

But Savage is basically a kid too and so would the no. 18 pick...Savage is only a fringe player to Hawthorn and pick 18 is no guarantee to be anything.

But based on draft position, Longer would apparently be seen to have more talent than both. Hawthorn could do with an understudy for Hale.

But Savage is basically a kid too and so would the no. 18 pick...Savage is only a fringe player to Hawthorn and pick 18 is no guarantee to be anything.

But based on draft position, Longer would apparently be seen to have more talent than both. Hawthorn could do with an understudy for Hale.

Just would have thought Savage would have the most proven currency at this point, and a top 20 pick is pretty significant. That being said this is a shite draft for anything over 192cm I guess, just comes down to what Hawks feel is reasonable to pay.

Good trade for both sides; both teams trading away excess stock and filling in needs.

Good trade for both sides; both teams trading away excess stock and filling in needs.

Longer is not excess stock at the Lions...if Leuenberger is injured there is only Stefan Martin and assorted talls to ruck...the loss will need to be addressed during this year's recruiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much LONGER this thread can go for...

I expect Savage and a first rounder.

giphy.gif

It's scary how correct I was.
Even those inside Hawthorn didn't think McEvoy was on the market so hadn't planned for it, St Kilda put his name out there and Hawthorn jumped quickly and I can't blame them. Same thing happens in the draft there have been a number of times where a club has virtually all but guaranteed someone they'll draft them, then suddenly someone slips through that they thought would've been taken and they grab them and the original deal is out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back