Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

seems suss, he sold the same one a week ago too. about 2 weeks after that ISC player GWS jumper in the same vein sells for $1k+

I don't think I remember Kia ever sponsoring GWS either. Also in the TAC cup they have numbers where that Kia patch is.

seems suss, he sold the same one a week ago too. about 2 weeks after that ISC player GWS jumper in the same vein sells for $1k+

Yeah I bought the one last week very late at night and then looked at it properly the next day and started having doubts... Do you reckon I got done?

Yeah I bought the one last week very late at night and then looked at it properly the next day and started having doubts... Do you reckon I got done?
Yeah mate I also bid on that item and was very keen on it. After looking at images on google I cannot find any with Kia sponsorship, as it has the L-plate (?) sponsor in all the images I can find from when they played in the TAC Cup in 2010... something is amiss.

Pretty sure that seller has two accounts. boiy852 & timw010203. His descriptions are the similar.

boiy852:

Up for sale is a Greater Western Sydney Guernsey from the 2010 season.

This was one of the original samples made by ISC that was sent to the AFL for approval prior to ‘Team GWS’ competing in the TAC Cup under 18 league. This Guernsey was worn just for this one season, before the official branding of the GWS Giants was created in 2011.

As this is a sample jersey, the design and material are slightly different from the final design that was worn by the team. I believe these were made to be sent to the AFL sometime in early 2009. There are no manufacturer tags on the Guernsey.

I was able to acquire this from a contact at ISC a few years back. This is a very regrettable sale, would love to hold onto it,however would be happy if it was able to be cherished by another collector.

There are no size tags on the Guernsey, however it fits like a regular mens size Large. In brand new condition, without tags.
The cost for postage is $10 and the item will be sent via ExpressPost with tracking.

Any bidder with zero feedback or a history of not paying must contact me before they bid, otherwise their bid will be cancelled.
Please contact me if you have any further questions

timw010203:

Up for sale is an official Greater Western Sydney player worn clash jumper from the 2011 season. This was worn by #3 Stephen Coniglio. It has been signed on the front and back by Coniglio.

This is an 100% official player worn item purchased directly from the GWS club shop.

This particular design was not available for retail purchase and only a small number were ever produced for player use.

The tags states it is a Mens size Large. In lightly worn condition. It has been stored in protective packaging since I got it.

Postage cost is $10 (AUD) within Australia. Please contact me for international rates. If you have Zero feedback please contact me before you bid.

Payment must be made via Paypal. Winning bidder must pay within 3 days of the end of the listing. If you are not able to pay in this time, please contact me.

Please contact me if you have any further questions

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate I also bid on that item and was very keen on it. After looking at images on google I cannot find any with Kia sponsorship, as it has the L-plate (?) sponsor in all the images I can find from when they played in the TAC Cup in 2010... something is amiss.

Yeah I haven't come up with anything image-wise either. It is almost identical to the one that sold for $1k + a few weeks ago though with the same kia motos sponsorship shifted slightly right and different arm cuffs. The other seller (who sold the $1k+ guernsey) appears legitimate and looks to have some kind of association with ISC considering they often sell player issued ISC products from a number of AFL and NRL clubs.
Perhaps considering mine was listed as being a 2009 ISC sample sent to the AFL it is legit. Or is this wishful thinking?

To clarify, I was the one who sold that jumper to you last week. Since listing the second jumper this week, I have received many personal messages regarding it and linking me to this forum. I would like to apologize for the confusion caused by the sale of this jumper. I am against the selling of fake and counterfeit sporting goods as I am myself a mad collector of footy jumpers. Many people on this thread are stating and definitely have the right to comment on the validity of this jumper in regards to the sponsorship logos and links to the TAC cup. After conducting further research myself, I realized I made a mistake in the product description by stating that "This was one of the original samples made by ISC that was sent to the AFL for approval prior to ‘Team GWS’ competing in the TAC Cup" . The description should have stated that it was a sample that was made to be sent to the AFL for approval AFTER competing in the TAC cup as a preliminary design to be used in the AFL, therefore having no affiliation with the TAC Cup (No TAC Cup logos, No L plate logo). I apologize for the mistake in the description as I should have researched more thoroughly before posting it up.
And in regards to the claims that I have 2 accounts; There is no connection between my account and timw010203. However recently that seller was selling some GWS jumpers and I pretty much copied his description style as it suited the GWS jumper I was selling. I did this because I am more of a buyer of footy jumpers and lack the confidence as a seller.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

To clarify, I was the one who sold that jumper to you last week. Since listing the second jumper this week, I have received many personal messages regarding it and linking me to this forum. I would like to apologize for the confusion caused by the sale of this jumper. I am against the selling of fake and counterfeit sporting goods as I am myself a mad collector of footy jumpers. Many people on this thread are stating and definitely have the right to comment on the validity of this jumper in regards to the sponsorship logos and links to the TAC cup. After conducting further research myself, I realized I made a mistake in the product description by stating that "This was one of the original samples made by ISC that was sent to the AFL for approval prior to ‘Team GWS’ competing in the TAC Cup" . The description should have stated that it was a sample that was made to be sent to the AFL for approval AFTER competing in the TAC cup as a preliminary design to be used in the AFL, therefore having no affiliation with the TAC Cup (No TAC Cup logos, No L plate logo). I apologize for the mistake in the description as I should have researched more thoroughly before posting it up.
And in regards to the claims that I have 2 accounts; There is no connection between my account and timw010203. However recently that seller was selling some GWS jumpers and I pretty much copied his description style as it suited the GWS jumper I was selling. I did this because I am more of a buyer of footy jumpers and lack the confidence as a seller.
Why do you have a kia logo?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

I reckon this is the first time we've had an Ebay seller come on to the FGD board and explain the situation. Good work mate.

Thanks for clearing that up Sputnikspikes. Really appreciate the explanation.

I reckon this is the first time we've had an Ebay seller come on to the FGD board and explain the situation. Good work mate.
No worries at all, I have since removed the listing of the current jumper I had up on ebay, just want to fix the description up and will be up again soon.

http://bit.ly/WT3Q0w

Upside down Toyota logo cracks me up.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
$_57.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back