Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

You can but its pretty arse. I looked it up a bit so I knew how to get the trophy for it and in a nutshell it is defense greater than the sum of water + food then dump several level 3 clinics and sit around twiddling your thumbs for 2-3 hours since happiness won't go up while you are absent.

Took me 2-3 hours per night spread over several nights to get it done. Such an awful trophy. You'll need about 30,000 caps in preparation too

Teddies are weird.

JCdrrMN.jpg

So are Brahmin.

rqI6odc.jpg

Spent quite a few hours making The Castle my main settlement last couple of nights. Pretty happy with the end result.

Main wall is guarded by 6 turrets and a guard post
vEdhOXq.jpg

Decided not to have a junk gate (too small). So designed something i like to call the gauntlet - a main entrance that is 3 cement blocks high and 3 deep. An open longer chokepoint guarded by 3 heavy laser turrets and 3 heavy machine gun turrets.
tgMtz8k.jpg

The top level i have 2 green footlockers with cryo mines and grenades. Should any mobs make it to the guantlet and face the 6 turrets it would be nice to freeze them in place :) I used rails on the edges so i dont accidentally fall off. Also had to use sleeping bags to cover the gap between the cement pillars and the wooden platform.
9iqIU8c.jpg

Platform frame has 4 generators, and 12 ladders which i tried to make symmetrical - even with the wires. Got a bit OCD towards the end of construction.
BH6QnBY.jpg

Rear wall is less exciting, just a simple guard post and 3 turrets, but its a much smaller path so hopefully thats enough
oLjw1E1.jpg

uE56UMn.jpg

Should they make it to the rear door, the narrow room leading into the castle has 4 shotgun turrets inside...
BlwAdRl.jpg

I blocked off the 2 damaged side walls of the castle, but only on the outside. I like how the inside crumbled section acts as a natural staircase giving me access to the top
7uIgkVt.jpg

2wOgRv4.jpg

Started to run out of materials at this point. Copper, aluminium and even ceramic were depleted. Got 1 more idea that i would like to implement and will post the results if it works. Havent doen any questing for a few days now :)

Took me 2-3 hours per night spread over several nights to get it done. Such an awful trophy. You'll need about 30,000 caps in preparation too

30k caps I assume is the price for the clinics? I haven't done it yet, only looked it up so I knew how to do and everyone says it's a pain which is why it will probably be the last trophy I try to get. :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very nice YippeeYiYeo
The Castle is with out doubt the best place to build up.

Im focusing on the castle as my main base.
Done a little work on it but still need to fill the inside.

Main entrance.
12310079_439935442867973_5851530960796352489_o.jpg

Collapsed side wall sealed up.
12309679_439935752867942_8403470184459213625_o.jpg

Small shack and main power generators.
12307502_439935242867993_8674754298460442459_o.jpg

Started working on the inside.
Large 3 story building build around the sat tower.
12232834_440439842817533_7882615112274373196_o.jpg

Geez. The main story is dull.
The little ending scene was disappointing. Mine lasted all of about 30 seconds, and told me nothing I didn't already know.The "War, War never changes" line was really shoehorned in as well.

I want to know how my siding with the Railroad affected the Commonwealth as a whole and the factions within them. I've just released hundreds of Synths onto a land which largely hates them. Where did they go? Did they all bunker away at Bunker Hill? Help the robots finally take to the sea?

Did Diamond city cheer about the destruction of the Institute and (for all they know) the robots within? Have a big party with drinks served by... a robot?

I chopped the head of the snake off at the BoS. What effect did that have? Are they going to attempt to regroup? They'll need a leader... oh wow Danse is still alive?!

Saved a lot of settlements when doing missions with the Minutemen. How are they faring? Are the Minutemen really helping the commonwealth or is it purely a bandaid fix?

What about if I didn't use a companion and do their side quests, how would that have affected them? Would Piper be a largely unlistened to journalist? Would Cait succumb to Pyscho? Curie still look like a robot? Hancock.... well I don't know, never used him - which is my point.

Thinking about the above, yeah, what a letdown.

Last edited:
Yea who has that sort of caps.
I was actually going to make a post asking if anyone found making caps in this game so much easier than previous games? I've got about 60k caps just sitting around that I'll never use.

Kind of interesting how caps don't have weight. Sure they don't weigh much but if you were lugging around a million of them I'm sure that would slow you down, and probably put a huge target on your back. Even those who think themselves good people may be tempted to sneak a few caps off of you.

Imagine if the game was more contextual like that. You go to sleep in your bed one night, wake up in the morning with 1,000 caps missing. You talk to the people in your settlement and they mention that Carla hasn't been seen since last night. You eventually find her around the back of the Super Duper Mart surrounded by tins of Cram. You talk to her and she's very fidgety. Then you can either threaten her to give your remaining caps back, forgive her, or shoot her in the face.

The little ending scene was disappointing. Mine lasted all of about 30 seconds, and told me nothing I didn't already know.The "War, War never changes" line was really shoehorned in as well.

I want to know how my siding with the Railroad affected the Commonwealth as a whole and the factions within them. I've just released hundreds of Synths onto a land which largely hates them. Where did they go? Did they all bunker away at Bunker Hill? Help the robots finally take to the sea?

Did Diamond city cheer about the destruction of the Institute and (for all they know) the robots within? Have a big party with drinks served by... a robot?

I chopped the head of the snake off at the BoS. What effect did that have? Are they going to attempt to regroup? They'll need a leader... oh wow Danse is still alive?!

Saved a lot of settlements when doing missions with the Minutemen. How are they faring? Are the Minutemen really helping the commonwealth or is it purely a bandaid fix?

What about if I didn't use a companion and do their side quests, how would that have affected them? Would Piper be a largely unlistened to journalist? Would Cait succumb to Pyscho? Curie still look like a robot? Hancock.... well I don't know, never used him - which is my point.

Thinking about the above, yeah, what a letdown.

Agree with a lot of that. Love seeing an 'around the grounds' style ending to an rpg - much like FO1. I remember being really disappointed when I'd see a city had fallen into ruin, thinking there was something I could have done to fix it, for instance. Basic stuff but made me keen to play again.

The main story just doesn't work at all - it's a bit of an obvious bioshock style plot. The twist with Shaun really would have been more of a twist if he was still a baby when you found him!

The urgent quest to get back your stolen child a) doesn't mix well with the great parts of this game - exploring, scavenging, building, generally taking your time and b) makes your modern bioware style protagonist sound like a maniac during dialogue - sometimes switching between jokey and crying within the same short conversations. the player character really should have been a broken wreck by the time they meet the minutemen - that's probably not the makings of a great plot. It just doesn't suit an open world rpg.

Really uninspired factions too - The Institute? The Rail Road.

You're right about crowbarring in War Never Changes at the end too. As if it wasn't silly enough at the start. Having a shave, talking about how war never changes. WTF?

Does anyone know how to find synths in your settlements? And what you do once you've found them.
If I find synths I think I'll be wasting them.

Have just been to Fort Hagen and developed an intense dislike for them.

So ended up killing everyone in covenant..
As a result of something or just for fun?

The mission felt a bit too binary for me. I could either let the girl die or kill a whole town. Philosophically it's poignant "Does the life of one outweigh the lives of many?", but I feel like I usually have a third option. Siding with dog gave you the caps glitch benefit I suppose? :S

I tried quite a lot of things too. If I entered the main lab/prison area utilising a stealthboy and took out the doctor while using a silenced weapon, how could the whole town of covenant know I am the bad guy? For example.

If I find synths I think I'll be wasting them.

Have just been to Fort Hagen and developed an intense dislike for them.
they are supposed to disguise and hide themselves in your settlements & sabotage things to bring down happiness
I'm certain one killed 13 of my settlers ..

IMG_20151129_191926.jpg

One of my settlements currently on spectacle island, after 30-40 minutes.
Hoping to add a third story, but need materials

I was actually going to make a post asking if anyone found making caps in this game so much easier than previous games? I've got about 60k caps just sitting around that I'll never use.

Kind of interesting how caps don't have weight. Sure they don't weigh much but if you were lugging around a million of them I'm sure that would slow you down, and probably put a huge target on your back. Even those who think themselves good people may be tempted to sneak a few caps off of you.

Imagine if the game was more contextual like that. You go to sleep in your bed one night, wake up in the morning with 1,000 caps missing. You talk to the people in your settlement and they mention that Carla hasn't been seen since last night. You eventually find her around the back of the Super Duper Mart surrounded by tins of Cram. You talk to her and she's very fidgety. Then you can either threaten her to give your remaining caps back, forgive her, or shoot her in the face.
Pretty much everything listed as misc weighs nothing. You carry around several books...zero weight haha

But that ashtray is gonna cost ya

they are supposed to disguise and hide themselves in your settlements & sabotage things to bring down happiness
I'm certain one killed 13 of my settlers ..

View attachment 196822

One of my settlements currently on spectacle island, after 30-40 minutes.
Hoping to add a third story, but need materials
I need to head back there and build that place up. I feel this settlement has a lot of potential. Only thing is I'd never wall it off, because who could get rid of that view?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back