Fallout from nollamara vs Osborne park game. An isolated incident or the tip of the iceberg?

Remove this Banner Ad

Colonelcrab

Cancelled
Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
Floreat, WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure if any of you have heard about or caught the story about the attack on the Osborne park player in the game against nollamara over the weekend but here's the news clip.
http://ten.com.au/ten-news-perth.htm?movideo_p=44242&movideo_m=213766

Pretty disgusting behavior if you ask me especially stomping on the guys head while he's on the ground but what's got me more agitated than anything is the penalty handed out by the WAAFL.
The nollamara bloke got 8 weeks for what could potentially cost the other guy sight in one eye plus the ridiculous amount of time in which he'll be out of work, absolutely pissweak by the WAAFL this dog should be banned for life.

The nollamara football club has a proud history of cheap shots behind play, threats towards umpires and good old fashioned all in melees so this really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Hopefully the outcry from the news report provided by 10 news should get the wheels turning and lead to the folding of this absolute s**t stain of a club who have done nothing but set the game backwards a good 20-30 years.

Not sure if any of you have heard about or caught the story about the attack on the Osborne park player in the game against nollamara over the weekend but here's the news clip.
http://ten.com.au/ten-news-perth.htm?movideo_p=44242&movideo_m=213766

Pretty disgusting behavior if you ask me especially stomping on the guys head while he's on the ground but what's got me more agitated than anything is the penalty handed out by the WAAFL.
The nollamara bloke got 8 weeks for what could potentially cost the other guy sight in one eye plus the ridiculous amount of time in which he'll be out of work, absolutely pissweak by the WAAFL this dog should be banned for life.

The nollamara football club has a proud history of cheap shots behind play, threats towards umpires and good old fashioned all in melees so this really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Hopefully the outcry from the news report provided by 10 news should get the wheels turning and lead to the folding of this absolute s**t stain of a club who have done nothing but set the game backwards a good 20-30 years.

Cant believe he only got 8 weeks. The WAAFL is so inconsistent. Had a player at my team a while ago get a life ban for accumalating small incidents - but nothing that potentially endangered the life of someone. Still he was a dead set d*ckhead and deserved it.

I think the WAAFL's duty of care to players needs to be reviewed - you have teams playing against prisoners. I dont think anything official is done before a game for the opposition to ensure they are ok to play against them, and the risks of doing so.

• Banned
Cant believe he only got 8 weeks. The WAAFL is so inconsistent. Had a player at my team a while ago get a life ban for accumalating small incidents - but nothing that potentially endangered the life of someone. Still he was a dead set d*ckhead and deserved it.

I think the WAAFL's duty of care to players needs to be reviewed - you have teams playing against prisoners. I dont think anything official is done before a game for the opposition to ensure they are ok to play against them, and the risks of doing so.
Couldn't agree more, this is definitely contributing to the amount of kids giving the game away before moving into amateur ranks. No surprise to see the Osborne park boys are looking to press criminal charges.

Couldn't agree more, this is definitely contributing to the amount of kids giving the game away before moving into amateur ranks. No surprise to see the Osborne park boys are looking to press criminal charges.

Hope the bloke's successful and pulls thorugh ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back