Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
Horribly sad report on the abc about the ongoing inquest into this case.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4187896.htm

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...-chloe-valentine/story-fncynjr2-1227238081436

Having read into a bit of a background into this case it is one of the most heart breaking, infuriating and just downright awful things I've ever read, the idea of the grandparents trying to get a brutalised and neglected child out of a home and beings stymied by incompetent bureaucrats makes me feel sick, and the video of Chloe's death is heart rending.

With or without the benefit of hindsight, the caseworkers at SA Families were horrifically negligent, they have a child's blood on their hands and should do jail time out of this case, as should the idiots behind a corporate philosophy which says a child is always better off with a hugely drug ****ed, abusive person just because they happen to be their parent.

I would love to go into a tirade against the system for the pathetic sentence given to the mother, but her partners sentence was not much better. One senses the judge felt the system let them down as well. Both refused to accept responsibility as well, blaming the other.

Valasskis was given no mercy, he was a victim, the system was responsible for what he went through. He is testament to what can happen to an adult after years of child abuse.

I would love to go into a tirade against the system for the pathetic sentence given to the mother, but her partners sentence was not much better. One senses the judge felt the system let them down as well. Both refused to accept responsibility as well, blaming the other.

Valasskis was given no mercy, he was a victim, the system was responsible for what he went through. He is testament to what can happen to an adult after years of child abuse.

Agree, but in fairness to them, and this is the only thing I would say in their favour, they didn't actually seem to have set out to do her serious harm, they are just horrifically selfish and negligent people who should never have been trusted around a kid- the law tends to treat reckless behavior causing harm less severely than intentionally causing someone harm, which is fair enough- in an ideal world they would be sterilised and dumped at the nearest rubbish tip, because that's where they belong.

Depressingly they are not that unique- there are plenty of really really crap parents out there whose kids survive to adulthood more by luck than anything else.

Which is why government departments should be realistic and step in when it is obvious people are so rubbish that they are risking their children's safety

Agree with most of that.

Evidently reports suggest per capita, Australia removes more children than any other western nation? South Australia is pretty high. To think that there is so many couples and singles, unfit to be parents out there. To think so many of the children are put on medications so thier parents can manage them easier, less cost to the system.

Mr Johns said he was of the firm opinion that permanent removal to adoptive parents should have a place in the child protection system, particularly in light of a "notorious under supply" of suitable and willing foster parents.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...verhaul-of-families-sa-needed-coroner/6378800

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-valentine-death/story-e6frg6nf-1227296981307

Valentine died from massive head injuries in 2012, aged four, after her drug-addict mother Ashlee Polkinghorne and her then partner Benjamin McPartland forced her to repeatedly ride and crash a 50kg motorbike. They are both serving four-year sentences.

Before Chloe died, Families SA received 20 abuse notifications from friends and family concerned about the girl’s filthy, transient and unsafe living conditions.But Polkinghorne was often given the benefit of the doubt by social workers, who helped clean her house and avoided confronting her about her drug use.Mr Johns described her as an “accomplished and manipulative liar” who easily fooled her case workers.

I notice all those defending drug smugglers are very quiet about this.

Agree with most of that.

Evidently reports suggest per capita, Australia removes more children than any other western nation? South Australia is pretty high. To think that there is so many couples and singles, unfit to be parents out there. To think so many of the children are put on medications so thier parents can manage them easier, less cost to the system.

Have to agree with everything you have said above particularly that which I have bolded. Ideally we should have some system in place that would prevent many of them from breeding in the first place.

Ideally we should have some system in place that would prevent many of them from breeding in the first place.
All our problems are solved in our schools from education. When i grew up, I saw gov change things from education. There is no better example than the grim reaper campaigns. But that doesn't happen anymore.

I know exactly what the answers were. However, this country is fukked now, so there not the answers anymore. The last gov attacked for its policy towards tobacco. Imagine if they tried educating us what the real problems are, why society is falling apart.

Well, they tried addressing carbon pollution, that went down well. They tried addressing the unfair accumulation of this country's wealth, that went down well. States have tried addressing the pollution of bottles and cans, found themselves sued by corporations.

Ideally we should have some system in place that would prevent many of them from breeding in the first place.
If your ideal is a totalitarian state, then yes ideally that would be the case.

What the... ? Those are some weird dots to connect.
Before Chloe died, Families SA received 20 abuse notifications from friends and family concerned about the girl’s filthy, transient and unsafe living conditions.But Polkinghorne was often given the benefit of the doubt by social workers, who helped clean her house and avoided confronting her about her drug use.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-valentine-death/story-e6frg6nf-1227296981307

She was a drug addict. That addiction has been heavily linked to the kids death.

Most people in that Chan thread are having an emotional reaction generated by the media and not thinking about the impact drugs have on our society.

In SA they have introduced laws where if a gun crime committed, the supplier of the gun is held responsible.

The same should apply to drugs

She was a drug addict. That addiction has been heavily linked to the kids death.

Most people in that Chan thread are having an emotional reaction generated by the media and not thinking about the impact drugs have on our society.

In SA they have introduced laws where if a gun crime committed,the supplier of the gun is held responible.

The same should apply to drugs
Ok I can sort of follow the thread of your logic, for want of a better word.

But who is defending drug smugglers? From what are they defending these smugglers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But who is defending drug smugglers? From what are they defending these smugglers?

How many Chloe valentines of this world would be saved if we took drugs seriously? if we had a no tolerance approach to those making millions out of the drug trade? As the coroner was hearing this, there was hearings next door in court where 8 officers of a drug task force were up in court for a stolen goods racket. The pews of those courts were full of fellow police officers supporting the 8 charged officers.

In those hearings, the prosecutors stated there would lots more charges but they don't have the resources to go threw all the evidence. But 50 other cops found the time to support the charged.

Yet posters attack other cultures .

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-death-penalty-for-chan.224245/page-99#post-37795888

I notice all those defending drug smugglers are very quiet about this.
I can only link this to your stance on the Indo death row situation.

I don't think anyone has defended drug smuggling... more they argue against the death penalty.
And how you link the two situations... and try to use it as an attack against people...

It is... beyond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back