Multiplat Far Cry 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Borrowed this off my mate.

Bloody hell it's good.

Anybody have any tips in regards to upgrades/weapons etc?
Don't buy any regular weapons, you get them for free by completing towers etc. save money for the signature weapons.

Try and complete easy early outposts without detection because you need it for some upgrades.

Craft as much as you can as soon as you can, particularly for weapons slots.

Don't buy any regular weapons, you get them for free by completing towers etc. save money for the signature weapons.

Try and complete easy early outposts without detection because you need it for some upgrades.

Craft as much as you can as soon as you can, particularly for weapons slots.
So if there is an animal in a camp I should leave it?

Where can I find that demon fish thing? Only found one so far and it was in a pond. Need to find three more so I can upgrade my loot bag.

And bloody hell those mountain lions are hard to kill.

They're in most, but not all, of the rivers/waterways you come across. Try and liberate a few towers around you so you can see more of the world on the map. If you come across a waterway, they're easier to spot from an elevated position. If you have progressed far enough to be able to craft syringes, then inject yourself with the one that lights up all animals and enemies. You'll find them pretty quickly.

They're in most, but not all, of the rivers/waterways you come across. Try and liberate a few towers around you so you can see more of the world on the map. If you come across a waterway, they're easier to spot from an elevated position. If you have progressed far enough to be able to craft syringes, then inject yourself with the one that lights up all animals and enemies. You'll find them pretty quickly.
Oh right, cheers. Would you suggest injecting the syringe near a waterway?

I've barely done any of the missions, I think only four. Think I've done 5 camps and 4 towers.

Awesome, cheers mate.

Any other tips you could recommend in general?

Not really. Loot like there's no tomorrow. Just explore and hunt animals for the first part until you've managed to craft an extra level or two on most of the items. The missions can wait. Also, don't be afraid to buy s**t (The Recurve Bow and Grenade Launcher sidearms are good starting points) from the shop. As long as you loot all the bodies/treasure boxes etc, you'll end up with more cash than you can ever hope to spend.

Excellent. Yeah I loot as much as I can, but with all the animal skins I have, it's starting to fill up quickly (I have 67 items that are just skins).

Don't collect too many of one kind. There's usually only a couple of upgrades that use a certain animal skin. Like you with the demon fish, I usually just checked which upgrade I was keen on, then just explored the map until I found the region the animal was in and went hunting. You'll have some frustrating times however, as you can be sitting smack bang on the animals picture on the map and explore all around it and not find what you're after. Then they'll randomly pop up at the worst possible time. At least with the Carnivores you can toss some bait down which makes it a bit easier. Also, as I said earlier, don't be afraid to use the syringe to locate all the nearby creatures. It makes the whole process much more efficient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skin everything you come across, though. If you kill it (especially if it was attacking you) make sure you take the skin because you can make some money from it back at the store (and you've probably used ammo to kill it in the first place). Just keep an eye on your loot bag and empty the unneeded contents regularly at your nearest outpost/sherpa.

Croc attacks in this game are one of the scariest things I've come across in just about any game.

Not really. Loot like there's no tomorrow. Just explore and hunt animals for the first part until you've managed to craft an extra level or two on most of the items. The missions can wait. Also, don't be afraid to buy s**t (The Recurve Bow and Grenade Launcher sidearms are good starting points) from the shop. As long as you loot all the bodies/treasure boxes etc, you'll end up with more cash than you can ever hope to spend.
Recurve bow?

This doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to disable alarm towers at guard posts?

Hmmm, you may have to unlock an ability or craft something before you get grenades, can't remember.

You can sneak up and manually disable the alarms, but the best way is hang back and use a silenced sniper rifle so you aren't instantly spotted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back