FARCICAL - Bob Such takes extended Sick Leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

The only issue is did he know he had a tumour prior to running for a seat. If he didn't know then it's hardly his fault.

If he knew and went in with the attitude If I win I'll just walk away from the role immediately then that's poor form.

With SA heading for a hung parliament, Dr Such and fellow independent Geoff Brock are yet to announce whether they will back Labor or the Liberals to form a minority government.
Dr Such is now believed to need to take extended sick leave from parliament although the nature of his health issues has not been disclosed.
He has been out of contact for most of the past week after talking to both Mr Weatherill and Opposition Leader Steven Marshall in the days after the March 15 poll.
"I am concerned for Dr Such's wellbeing and I have extended my best wishes to his wife and offered my support," Mr Weatherill said in a statement on Saturday.
"We wish Mr Such a speedy recovery and support his family's request for privacy."
Labor could govern with just the support of Mr Brock but if he decides to back the Liberals it would leave support for either side in the house tied at 23 votes each. That could potentially result in a fresh election.
However, it remains unclear whether Dr Such could still enter into an agreement with either party to give more certainty.
Mr Brock is reportedly taking constitutional legal advice.
Great thread. :(

Last edited:

The only issue is did he know he had a tumour prior to running for a seat. If he didn't know then it's hardly his fault.

If he knew and went in with the attitude If I win I'll just walk away from the role immediately then that's poor form.
If the bloke has got a brain tumour, I really don't care to be honest.

But FWIW, I would doubt if he did know. Maybe he just delayed having his medical issues looked into until the stress of the election campaign was over?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...has-brain-tumour/story-e6frgczx-1226868557344

ONE of the two independent MPs in South Australia's hung parliament has announced he has a brain tumour.

Independent MP Bob Such went on sick leave last week and today announced he would undergo radiotherapy and chemotherapy.

The member for Fisher said he was advised on March 21, just days after the election, that he may have a brain tumour.

“This diagnosis has now been confirmed and he will be undergoing a course of radiotherapy and chemotherapy,” a statement from the MP's office said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...has-brain-tumour/story-e6frgczx-1226868557344

ONE of the two independent MPs in South Australia's hung parliament has announced he has a brain tumour.

Independent MP Bob Such went on sick leave last week and today announced he would undergo radiotherapy and chemotherapy.

The member for Fisher said he was advised on March 21, just days after the election, that he may have a brain tumour.

“This diagnosis has now been confirmed and he will be undergoing a course of radiotherapy and chemotherapy,” a statement from the MP's office said.

So then there's no issue with him stepping away from his role for now.

If the bloke has got a brain tumour, I really don't care to be honest.

But FWIW, I would doubt if he did know. Maybe he just delayed having his medical issues looked into until the stress of the election campaign was over?

As does happen with many people (men in particular), they tend to ignore signs and symptoms and write them off as innocuous.... "perhaps I'm pissing like that because I'm dehydrated" etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure the OP would have his grubby fingers crossed the news isn't good for Bob.
Anger first. Ask questions later.

P.S. Don't listen to answer of questions. It makes it harder to get angry/feel victimised the next time if you realise you were wrong last time.

Bob Such passed away three days ago due to a brain tumor.
Around six months from diagnosis to death.

Not sure if everyone knew, so I thought I'd update this thread.

By-election for the seat of Fisher TBA.

With SA heading for a hung parliament, Dr Such and fellow independent Geoff Brock are yet to announce whether they will back Labor or the Liberals to form a minority government.
Dr Such is now believed to need to take extended sick leave from parliament although the nature of his health issues has not been disclosed.
He has been out of contact for most of the past week after talking to both Mr Weatherill and Opposition Leader Steven Marshall in the days after the March 15 poll.
"I am concerned for Dr Such's wellbeing and I have extended my best wishes to his wife and offered my support," Mr Weatherill said in a statement on Saturday.
"We wish Mr Such a speedy recovery and support his family's request for privacy."
Labor could govern with just the support of Mr Brock but if he decides to back the Liberals it would leave support for either side in the house tied at 23 votes each. That could potentially result in a fresh election.
However, it remains unclear whether Dr Such could still enter into an agreement with either party to give more certainty.

Close your account and leave .. Disgusting excuse for a human

Bob Such passed away three days ago due to a brain tumor.
Around six months from diagnosis to death.

Not sure if everyone knew, so I thought I'd update this thread.

By-election for the seat of Fisher TBA.

R.I.P.

Will be interesting how the by election plays out. Feds are stuffing this state around, labor know how to run a canny campaign. Could get national interest.

And not knowing alot about bob such, he served this state quite admirably. Had the guts to leave a crooked liberal party and go it alone.

Well done once again, Turdman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back