Farewell to Sunshine

Remove this Banner Ad

To those who are not aware, one of our very best posters has decided to leave this forum.

It saddens me that Sunshine Saint has made this decision to leave and I am sure there are others who feel the same way as I.

His legacy on this site will be the wonderful memorial thread devoted to Saints Players who died at war which we will probably link to every ANZAC day and remember

I will endeavour to meet up with him at the Gabba and beseech him to stay or have a beer for old times' sake

I wondered if anyone else might like to say farewell or if you wish to keep in contact with him please do so in this thread or PM me before 10 am Sunday

Always enjoyed reading a post by Sunshine Saint. His thread on the ANZACS is phenomenal IMO. This Fijian wishes him well, and maybe perhaps we may see him back one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
Well this is not good news at all!! :(:(:(

Sorry to hear.

I've enjoyed what Len has brought to this forum and I'm sorry he feels that he wants to no longer post here....

Kildonan I hope he can be convinced to stay.....

If not then all the best Sunshine and wish you well for the future!!

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lenny,
Come back, we need you!
Like your namesake, the contribution you have made is irreplaceable. You have earnt the right to being a free agent, but if you go we lose somebody worth more than money can buy.
Would you be interested in a new role cos you were the voice of reason?
Like a coach showing "tough love" you challenged us and supported us, and reminded us of what's important.
Particularly enjoyed the personal stories you shared about the soldiers who played for us and your own adventures around Australia with your family.
Hope you know you had enormous support on here from readers known and unknown, and will be remembered for your passion and your conviction to stand up for what's reasonable. Always appreciated how you spoke from the heart.
Best wishes for you and your family (who may just be a little glad to have more of your attention now).
Kilroy

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Always found these threads strange. Why announce you are leaving? Just don't post. Maybe in a year or so you may like to post again.

Grandstanding a bit in my opinion anyway
You may be interested to know, Happy Hammond, that there wasn't any grandstanding. I happened to notice he had gone quiet and enquired through Kildonan.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Lots of posters have gone quiet. Will every posters who doesn't post get their own seperate thread?

Got nothing against Sunshine Saint, or this thread, just find it strange thats all.

I didn't post here for years, came back and found it now the best and most informative Saints forum, lots of great rumours, informative information, some fun banter, no trolls and children, and even some great opposition supporter interaction.

If SS decides to post again, it may be embarrassing for him.

Anyhow no biggie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
This is no good
Hopefully he changes his mind after a bit of a break
enjoyed reading his stuff

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Come back Sunshine Saint

This forum is a great way for saints fans to interact.
Being tolerant of other posters is all part of everyone getting along. We all are rubbed the wrong way sometimes by one or two but overall the positives outweigh the negatives.
If it's a result of one or two suggest you put them on ignore. I did this with one poster and the forum has been enjoyable again for me since doing so.
You are a valuable contributor and the forum is better for you being around.

Hope you change your mind and stay.

Cheers, Skid

Last edited:
This is the last match in Queensland for the Saints. I am hoping to meet up with Len and have a beer.

If anyone wants me to pass a message on this will be the last opportunity this year...

That is the reason for the thread. Len left without any fuss, but I think it is a shame to lose him - especially if there are some who wish to continue contact with him in some way. I already have had several private messages...

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
Lots of posters have gone quiet. Will every posters who doesn't post get their own seperate thread?

Got nothing against Sunshine Saint, or this thread, just find it strange thats all.

I didn't post here for years, came back and found it now the best and most informative Saints forum, lots of great rumours, informative information, some fun banter, no trolls and children, and even some great opposition supporter interaction.

If SS decides to post again, it may be embarrassing for him.

Anyhow no biggie

Never say never again... :p

Always found these threads strange. Why announce you are leaving? Just don't post. Maybe in a year or so you may like to post again.

Grandstanding a bit in my opinion anyway
Whether you find it strange or not, why not just keep it to yourself?

This is the last match in Queensland for the Saints. I am hoping to meet up with Len and have a beer.

If anyone wants me to pass a message on this will be the last opportunity this year...

That is the reason for the thread. Len left without any fuss, but I think it is a shame to lose him - especially if there are some who wish to continue contact with him in some way. I already have had several private messages...
:O :O :O Tell him I demand an explanation! This is some really crappy news, this place is lesser without him here.

There'll be a lot of people who will message him on here so please ask him to check his PM's.

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
:O :O :O Tell him I demand an explanation! This is some really crappy news, this place is lesser without him here.

There'll be a lot of people who will message him on here so please ask him to check his PM's.

I just tried to send him a PM and it told me I was not allowed to do so :confused:

mysainters

Cancelled
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
May 22, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
That's a shame.

Hope people like I who migrated over, are not responsible.

Are they on twitter?

:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back