farrer league 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to The Rock on securing their spot in the GF, super effort, one they are hoping they can repeat.
However that loss for East Wagga may be a kick in the butt and the could storm home these next two games.
Nth Wagga super effort this year, can they push again? I don't think so, but will be a good local derby.
And well done to Watt on the League best and fairest, has been a super competitor all year, shame he'll miss the game this weekend.

The Rock vs East Wagga.
Can the Rock topple them again?! Should be a ripper game. I think East Wagga will be well fired up after their slip up a couple weeks back, and with captain Absolum looking like he'll return, the added experience and class could be just what they need.

East Wagga by 17.
BOG: Joe Scott or Absolum
If the rock wins. Yates or Ward

Goes to show you can't buy premierships . You can't bring to many people in and just think that gets you a flag. And with a few reported to be leaving where does this leave the club ?

Which clubs do you think are the biggest spenders?
Which players are rumoured to be leaving East Wagga?
I really enjoyed The Rock getting up on Grand Final day, well drilled, plenty of older heads but a good mix with some younger guns. Boys are probably still celebrating.

East wagga definatly are followed by the rock and Marrar id say and North probably the least ..but I think east wagga just went over board , there's a difference between bringing in a few big players in key spots to trying to buy a whole team,there would have to be under 20 blokes at their club who were there in 2013 whilst the rock and marrar have similar squads with the odd big signings to go.

Yea I think you are right there with buying a whole team, it simply just isn't in the spirit of the game either. Interesting that the two teams that you suggest had the biggest spendings ended up in the grand final. But I guess North Wagga and their suggested limited spending, proves what having a good squad and people who wanna just play footy can do.

North wagga have a great junior base which is why there good , I think there probably only a power forward and a key defender off becoming a powerhouse for the next 5 years

Couldn't agree more with them been on the cusp of a very good side, couple players and they'll be there. Don't forget the return of Dowdell, he's a gun.
Add to that a few of their 17's to make the transition after making it to the grand final again.

I forgot about him , he's probably that extra classy midfielder they lacked this year , now to add a couple of big boys and there a threat, there a bit like temora of a few years back , heaps of blokes around 21 that already played 100 senior games .
What about csu signing for head coach , struggled for a senior game in the Hume league! Not a great step in my opinion , he'd wanna be able to coach!..
Marrar on the lookout for a coach !
Interesting to see if McMahon goes around again for ewk. And the rock seemed to have signed up carey and andrew Clarke from gggm haven't seen much of him but he must be able to play

I forgot about him , he's probably that extra classy midfielder they lacked this year , now to add a couple of big boys and there a threat, there a bit like temora of a few years back , heaps of blokes around 21 that already played 100 senior games .
What about csu signing for head coach , struggled for a senior game in the Hume league! Not a great step in my opinion , he'd wanna be able to coach!..
Interesting to see if McMahon goes around again for ewk. And the rock seemed to have signed up carey and andrew Clarke from gggm haven't seen much of him but he must be able to play
Who's coaching CSU ?

Yep watch out for North Wagga is they add a couple quality key positions, watch out anyway regardless!
Judging by the photo attached with the story in the daily advertiser I certainly hope he can coach! Doesn't look like the most mobile bloke. Just a quick check of the Hume league club Rand-Walbundrie, no where near making finals this year, not sure if that's coaches or lack of quality players, but something wasn't right and now the coach is at CSU, wait and see.
The rock will be stron again, different set of coaches but the wise heads will still be there too lead the young (mature) guns around the park, they'll stay up the top.
Interesting to see if this East Wagga cash train continues, players as well as coaches, Can't spend money forever surely.

Yep watch out for North Wagga is they add a couple quality key positions, watch out anyway regardless!
Judging by the photo attached with the story in the daily advertiser I certainly hope he can coach! Doesn't look like the most mobile bloke. Just a quick check of the Hume league club Rand-Walbundrie, no where near making finals this year, not sure if that's coaches or lack of quality players, but something wasn't right and now the coach is at CSU, wait and see.
The rock will be stron again, different set of coaches but the wise heads will still be there too lead the young (mature) guns around the park, they'll stay up the top.
Interesting to see if this East Wagga cash train continues, players as well as coaches, Can't spend money forever surely.
Daniel Athinitis.
Non playing coach.
Coached rand-walbundrie to a grand final in 2014 on the back of bringing 10 players from Eastlake, Canberra.
Only had 6 come travelling back this year, club thinks they under achieved which is why he got the sack.
Good luck to CSU, don't think he will be taking any with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Athinitis.
Non playing coach.
Coached rand-walbundrie to a grand final in 2014 on the back of bringing 10 players from Eastlake, Canberra.
Only had 6 come travelling back this year, club thinks they under achieved which is why he got the sack.

Non playing coach answers that part.
10 from Canberra?!!!!! Sounds a bit like trying to buy a premiership.
I can understand a club getting a few in, but 10! Half a side!
Good luck to CSU indeed.

Daniel Athinitis.
Non playing coach.

10 from Eastlakes hey? Getting the sack? Think you might find it was 6 both years but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.. Hume league has a seeded draw which may have played a hand in helping R/W tigers finish where they did in 2014 and in 2015 they found it a bit harder playing the top 6 sides twice a year and the bottom sides only once, you my friend need to get your facts right before you open your mouth

Suggest it will be hard for Marrar and Northern Jets atm, recruiting players when you don't have a coach set can be difficult. Still early in the off season though, some blokes would still be recovering from mad Monday's.
Couple out the door at East Wagga already, including Brierty, probably not surprising considering he has spent the past two years coming in from Sydney.

I think The silly season is just about to begin, the only positive in not having a coach now is that it leaves the door open to sign someone who can bring a couple of players with them, I think both them clubs will go with big name playing coaches to bolster there squad, always easier to sign a gun when you offer them the coaching gig , I think both will land big fish... I think a fair few will leave East wagga, my tip is 2 certain players maybe going back out to gullie next year. Interesting to see if they do, will they still have the cash to replace them

Northern Jets didn't sign a big gun, just kept the one they had and made him coach - Sam Fisher, I'm not convinced that'll improve them but good luck, they'll still need to find players. Believe they have lost two first graders so definitely need to find players to compete.
Coleambally great signings players wise, coming in as coaches will be interesting to see how the two fellas go, don't believe there is much of any coaching experience between them!
Still believe EWK will be losing 2 or 3 at least on top of the 2 already gone.
No doubts barellan and CSU are ringing everyone they know!
Still early in the silly season, but players will be wanting to start locking themselves is sooner rather than later I think.

10 from Eastlakes hey? Getting the sack? Think you might find it was 6 both years but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.. Hume league has a seeded draw which may have played a hand in helping R/W tigers finish where they did in 2014 and in 2015 they found it a bit harder playing the top 6 sides twice a year and the bottom sides only once, you my friend need to get your facts right before you open your mouth

Money doesn't buy flags my friend

North Wagga with two recruits, one for each end of the feild, both from Canberra. Add Dowdell back to their midfield rotation, dangerous side coming together.

Money doesn't buy flags my friend
Money doesn't true but they have just spent a s**t load on their latest coach lets see how that pans out
nothing like type writer heroes get in and coach see what its like then people may have some creditbilty to comment on those who have
sacked more like told them in round 5 to find someone for next year gave them plenty of time but as has been said before don't let FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A STORY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back