Opinion Fasolo the New Daisy

Remove this Banner Ad

Fasolo would need to string highlights from 3 seasons to get close to one of Daisys when in the B&W.
Needs application to go with the ego. A list clogger if he doesn't mature above the shoulders in '15.
If he developed a workrate that resembled anything close to Daisy on & off the field he might be chance.

Fasolo would need to string highlights from 3 seasons to get close to one of Daisys when in the B&W.
Needs application to go with the ego. A list clogger if he doesn't mature above the shoulders in '15.
If he developed a workrate that resembled anything close to Daisy on & off the field he might be chance.

All true. But hes also had injuries that Daisy never suffered at the same early stage of his career. I dont think Fas will make it as a midfielder but I reckon he can make it as a forward still. Hes a super tackler too so could even play the 2010 Maccaffer type defensive forward role at times and make a great success of it.

Woudlnt be writing him off. I'm not worried about his ego but I am concerned about his legspeed.

I miss Daisy, the one who shone so brightly, killed it in 2010, was the player of the finals series that year, and even better in 2011.

Pity he didnt love us anymore after MM left, and then behaved like a tosser.

If Fas becomes half the player Daisy was, I'll be happy.

I miss Daisy, the one who shone so brightly, killed it in 2010, was the player of the finals series that year, and even better in 2011.

Pity he didnt love us anymore after MM left, and then behaved like a tosser.

If Fas becomes half the player Daisy was, I'll be happy.

Daisy was an absolute gun in those years! Shame he is such a muppet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Matty Egan have to retire after a Navicular injury? Mitch Clark did retire after numerous setbacks and still has issues. It isn't your average fracture that takes 6 - 12 weeks, she'll be right off you go. Give him a chance to come back and play some consistent footy.

I really enjoy watching Fas when he is on. Very exciting and has great intensity. So disturbing to watch him when he is off, he makes it all look so hard and himself so out of it.

If he gets himself right physically and toughens up mentally he'll deliver. Those are both big if's though. He seems the kind of guy that can't handle bad games, getting beaten by his opponent or not being "the man". I'd really love to see him become a fully committed team player and strive for team excellence, not solo glory.

Very similar to Daisy in the sense that he prefers to play selfish, show-pony football and is inconsistent?

Fas' has magic, x-factor and talent - but can make some poor decisions also.

I saw dale thomas in southbank today.
Couldn't believe how skinny he was, a few of us all thought the same thing, he was wearing shorts his legs looked stick thin. For someone who's been in the system as long as him not to have a bit of bulk and muscle is odd. Just doesn't have the genes for it I guess.

I saw dale thomas in southbank today.
Couldn't believe how skinny he was, a few of us all thought the same thing, he was wearing shorts his legs looked stick thin. For someone who's been in the system as long as him not to have a bit of bulk and muscle is odd. Just doesn't have the genes for it I guess.

Maybe light on purpose to keep weight off the ankle.

You said he choked when it mattered most, that's when it mattered most...

No it matter most over the 120 minutes of the game, not one 10 second point near the end. Had he's stepped up for the rest of the game we might not have been in the position we were at the end. Sadly for Leon I suspect it is something that we nag at him for a long time.

No it matter most over the 120 minutes of the game, not one 10 second point near the end. Had he's stepped up for the rest of the game we might not have been in the position we were at the end. Sadly for Leon I suspect it is something that we nag at him for a long time.

Its small moments that make and brake the game if Leon Dais didn't kick that goal we would have lost.

Its small moments that make and brake the game if Leon Dais didn't kick that goal we would have lost.

It's the big things that really win games like playing the full 120 minutes. You are kidding yourself if you think Leon's contribution was anything but poor in the first Grandfinal. If it wasn't poor he wouldn't of been dropped. Simple really. Time you gave this argument away.

It's the big things that really win games like playing the full 120 minutes. You are kidding yourself if you think Leon's contribution was anything but poor in the first Grandfinal. If it wasn't poor he wouldn't of been dropped. Simple really. Time you gave this argument away.

Its not that simple, team balance and structure was also a contributing factor.

Its not that simple, team balance and structure was also a contributing factor.

Rubbish. The only factor was a history of very poor form in the game the really matters. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. He sucked and got dropped.

I liked Leon but they are the facts.

Rubbish. The only factor was a history of very poor form in the game the really matters. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. He sucked and got dropped.

I liked Leon but they are the facts.

No team balance and factor was a apart of the decision and that is a fact. I'll defend Leon all I want.

I'd much prefer Fasolo to become a Paul Chapman type player personally.
He has a similar build and has good ball skills also.
Play him off the half forward flank, with the occasional burst through the middle if required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back