FATHER /SON ACADEMY

Remove this Banner Ad

Without going all the way back through the thread, am I right in saying that Horse and Johnny Blakey also have boys who have attended our FS academy?

Without going all the way back through the thread, am I right in saying that Horse and Johnny Blakey also have boys who have attended our FS academy?

Yep, I think their boys are also available for some Sydney zonal rubbish, Blakey may also be able to go to Brisbane.

It would be good to extend it to all kids of ex-players even ones who aren't eligible for father-son. It might help make the ones (eg. Josh Kelly) who can go anywhere more conducive to coming to North from another club if they are familiar with the joint and associate it with positive experiences. Who knows if there's any male progeny of Glenn Gorman or Paul Geister that's going to be a future superstar?

Might not be the right thread for it but we have ****ed up with some blokes that we have carried over recent times. Yet we obviously didn't do that in the 80's and early 90's.

Last year we missed josh kelly

Now this year we will miss gus brayshaw.

Potentially 2 top 5 picks right there and the midfield class that would have been nice to replace boomer and wells.

Anyway rant over...those two would have helped

Might not be the right thread for it but we have ****ed up with some blokes that we have carried over recent times. Yet we obviously didn't do that in the 80's and early 90's.

Last year we missed josh kelly

Now this year we will miss gus brayshaw.

Potentially 2 top 5 picks right there and the midfield class that would have been nice to replace boomer and wells.

Anyway rant over...those two would have helped

What a draft that would have been....Josh Kelly and Luke McDonald.

You can't play blokes that can't play because injury halted their career in the hope that one day they'll have a kid who is a gun.

Brayshaw played what 32 games? You going to carry a guy for 60 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've got Kelly under the 90s qualification rules though. Damn.

This is the other thing, when he stopped playing we had his son.

Then they moved the goal posts.

I wonder if they will ever do away with the father son rule.

I hope not.

You can't play blokes that can't play because injury halted their career in the hope that one day they'll have a kid who is a gun.

I say we start using the sub for these exact purposes when someone looks promising. Get the father over the line. ;)

I say we start using the sub for these exact purposes when someone looks promising. Get the father over the line. ;)
if an old player was on 99 games and his son looked likely to be the number 1 pick. I'm not even joking I 'd rookie the old player and the upgrade him to the senior list even if he's 50 years old, and sub him on at the end of a random game.

I point to.................Shannon Watt

if an old player was on 99 games and his son looked likely to be the number 1 pick. I'm not even joking I 'd rookie the old player and the upgrade him to the senior list even if he's 50 years old, and sub him on at the end of a random game.
And pray that the old fella doesn't have a heart attack.

Can we just do this to see some of favourite players run around again? Love to see Adrian McAdam again.....

Can't Brayshaw just do a wingard and say "you can pick me but ill want to leave, blah blah.. my uncle will promise me more money and a mazda..blah blah"
Would be a nice change to get on the better end of a bit of draft luck/tampering but he'd have to tank interviews with about 10 teams rather than 1 like Wingard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back