Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And what happens next year do you only get guarantied of them ?

You nominate them all and other teams bid on as many as they want.

Say kid A attracts rnd 1 bid, kid B attracts rnd 3 bid and kid C attracts round 4 pick...

You match each of those with your next picks (as per usual system).

But if say kids A and B both attract rnd 1,you get to use your next two picks. Would be round one and round two. Could even be 2nd and 3rd depending on where other teams finished on ladder relative to you...

Last edited:
You nominate them all and other teams bid on as many as they want.

Say kid A attracts rnd 1 bid, kid B attracts rnd and kid C attracts round 4 pick...

You match each of those with your next picks (as per usual system).

But if say kids A and B both attract rnd 1,you get to use your next two picks. Would be round one and round two. Could even be 2nd and 3rd depending on where other teams finished on ladder relative to you...

Oh cheers

And what happens next year do you only get guarantied of them ?

My understanding is that

1-teams bid for them
2- we use our next available pick on them.

Eg- we finish 10th and have pick 8, all 3 are rated in the top 5 in the draft, the teams with a higher pick all bid for them with their first, then we'd have to use our first, second and third round picks to get them. So it's an advantage to have multiple father sons in the one year.

Still, the afl will probably change the rules

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know the height of Jack Silvagni? Would really love for him to be 193cm+. Would be coming along nicely around the time Jamison would be getting close to retiring. Pass the mantle to the new Full Back Of The Century Mk II. Bank it!

Anyone know the height of Jack Silvagni? Would really love for him to be 193cm+. Would be coming along nicely around the time Jamison would be getting close to retiring. Pass the mantle to the new Full Back Of The Century Mk II. Bank it!

definitely over 193cm+. i have seen him at some of the games this year and he might even have his old man covered for height.

I might have said it on this thread before, or just thought it... But if we lose rice father son to St. Kilda I will not be impressed!

It's st kilda!!!

That's like a chick shutting you down for a guy with man boobs or red hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I heard he was spending more time in our colours, which is promising. However, you never can tell.
If I were our admin I'd be looking to seal this deal ASAP.
However, the future is not set....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back