Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear you BIGGUS 64 and I may have used a similar example previously:
(Bear in mind that the league is looking at changing the formula for F/S bidding also)

i.e.
North committed to McDonald early the year prior.
North did not know where they would finish but given that McDonald Snr. works at the club, there is implied heat on.
The league have somehow in their wisdom rated McDonald #3, which I'm not sure how it would work but now North needs to cough up something extra for McDonald as well as missing out on Bontempelli, who they rated a lot higher.

There may be no changes to the way things are conducted but if the league bring in this new ruling (adjudication of a players value) things could get very messy.

The bidding system determines value. If a team wants to give up #3 to steal a father/son player from another team, then that is his value. If North thinks McDonald is worth no more than #8, then the #3 bidder gets him. If the value truly is #8, no team is going to bid #3 as a bluff.

In the case of Heeney, a bidding system might see him ranked top 3 but the Swans paid #17. They would have to give up something extra to secure that bid. It may be a future first rounder, it may just be a second rounder which while not enough, at least takes something off them.

However if the AFL and the AFL alone decide on value to circumvent the bidding process, then I'd suggest that would use a draft range instead of the best possible draft pick. If Heeney is 3-8, then the Swans would have to give up something to bridge the gap from 17 to 8.

Haha yeah changed it like four times and it does the same thing. Will try again when i get on a PC.

Try it with this one zee.

71120.jpg

200x200 pixels at least is recommended for clearer images.

I had to resize mine a few times.

Can I just take a moment to pay tribute to Mrs Silvagni? I mean what an absolute trooper - producing not just one, but three potential F/S prospects!
I know it's the Silvagni genes we're mainly interested in as football fans, but as we know, Jo's got a pretty decent collection of genes herself and besides, she's always kept her ties with Carlton.

If her boys all make it as AFL players and wear the Navy Blue as we would expect, I'd say definite grounds for life membership and club hall of fame for Jo Silvagni! :thumbsu:

Brand Power. Helping you progenate better...

He has the cutest kid, seriously. All the CFC babies are absolute buddhas too, Tuohy's kid is adorable.

It'll be annoying seeing three potential F/S picks in Robinson/Betts/Garlett grow up wearing different colours but hopefully in 18 years our system is good enough to not have to rely on F/S picks :p

There is no guarentee that any of those players will make it to +100 games for their new clubs. Robbo is a lose cannon and may do a Fev over at the lions, Betts is really 35 yrs old :)drunk::p) so won't make it through another 4 seasons to bring up the 100 and Garlett may never get back to the player that he once was (I mean the Demons wouldn't give up anything for him so they must see him as a risk .............). All three kids may only qualify for Carlton under the f/s rule.

Can I just take a moment to pay tribute to Mrs Silvagni? I mean what an absolute trooper - producing not just one, but three potential F/S prospects!
I know it's the Silvagni genes we're mainly interested in as football fans, but as we know, Jo's got a pretty decent collection of genes herself and besides, she's always kept her ties with Carlton.

If her boys all make it as AFL players and wear the Navy Blue as we would expect, I'd say definite grounds for life membership and club hall of fame for Jo Silvagni! :thumbsu:

Congrats on carrrying but she didn't have the required chromosomes to make the lil fellas, SOS is the one to be thanked for the boys

Congrats on carrrying but she didn't have the required chromosomes to make the lil fellas, SOS is the one to be thanked for the boys

It's not that simple! But if we're going to get technical...
The timing of the conception has a lot to do with deciding the gender - and as we know guys, SHE generally decides when it's going to happen! :p

Basically, "girl" sperms are built for endurance, "boy" sperms are built for speed.
So, early cycle conception favours a girl, since the egg has not yet travelled far from the ovary, so the sperms have further to travel, making it an endurance race.
But, late cycle favours a boy, since the egg has by then travelled close to the sperms' point of entry, making it a sprint.

That's how it's supposed to work, though it's not an exact science. You have a good chance of determining the baby's gender if you can restrict the baby-making to a certain time of the month, and let's face it, most of us blokes don't have the self control to do that! :rolleyes:

The timing of the conception has a lot to do with deciding the gender - and as we know guys, SHE generally decides when it's going to happen! :p

Basically, "girl" sperms are built for endurance, "boy" sperms are built for speed.
So, early cycle conception favours a girl, since the egg has not yet travelled far from the ovary, so the sperms have further to travel, making it an endurance race.
But, late cycle favours a boy, since the egg has by then travelled close to the sperms' point of entry, making it a sprint.

That's how it's supposed to work, though it's not an exact science. You have a good chance of determining the baby's gender if you can restrict the baby-making to a certain time of the month, and let's face it, most of us blokes don't have the self control to do that! :rolleyes:
wow i didn't know that! At least that will help with getting one of each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know you're joking B64 but this sort of stuff irks me a bit. Plenty of control here.

Ca I get a reference. I am not doubting you but I would like to know if this is based on science or an old wives tale ..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back