Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ca I get a reference. I am not doubting you but I would like to know if this is based on science or an old wives tale ..........

A bit of each. I can't quote you any scientific study to prove it works. It was something we heard about through word of mouth and it makes sense biologically. It worked once out of one attempt for us. Obviously there can be no guarantee, but it should boost your chances of a desired outcome.

A bit of each. I can't quote you any scientific study to prove it works. It was something we heard about through word of mouth and it makes sense biologically. It worked once out of one attempt for us. Obviously there can be no guarantee, but it should boost your chances of a desired outcome.

But that is the thing, the biology doesn't make sense. It implies that there is a difference in fitness due solely to the presence of one of the sex chromosomes over the other. I have never heard of a gene related to improved sperm fitness being present on either sex chromosomes, and the size of the chromosomes themselves compared to the rest of the DNA shouldn't effect fitness/motility either.

http://theconversation.com/mondays-medical-myth-you-can-control-the-sex-of-your-baby-12896

As with Biggus, it worked for us with Shettles early cycle conception leading to a girl. On the other hand the current science in the link seems to largely reject the idea.

Yeah I saw reference to the "Shettles Method" of conception from the 1960's. Pretty comical stuff.

Sorry about starting to talk science in here, I wasn't sure if there was actually some science behind this theory of a heap of theory behind the science.

I love the father son rule and romance of the whole thing. It's fine the way it is. At the very very very most you get a 15-16 pick upgrade, and good luck to you. But in most instances the player will be around the value you pay for them.

It is just a good rule, and clubs should get that little half a round discount to encourage them to pick the son of a great and keep the tradition alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a photo of Jack Silvagni standing next to Toby Greene (not at Zagames) and would have to say Jack would only be 190cm if I were being generous. Tom looked the same height as Toby who is 181cm.

Just saw a photo of Jack Silvagni standing next to Toby Greene (not at Zagames) and would have to say Jack would only be 190cm if I were being generous. Tom looked the same height as Toby who is 181cm.
I reckon that he should end up around 195-198 in height. How tall was Steve when he originally joined the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back