Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard that Bailey Rice has been selected in the VIC Country Squad for the U18 Championships this year. That must be a good sign for draft potential especially if he makes the VIC Country team after the trials. As I understand, the trial game for selecting the team is going to be played at Ikon Park in April some time.

I have also heard that both the Blues and the Saints are very keen on him at this stage. He has grown to 186cm since last year and still growing.

Going off what I've read of the 3 prospects, Rice seems to be the most highly rated.

But he needs to pick us over the Saints.
We took the risk on him that the Saints weren't prepared to. I suspect his dad may have strong feelings towards the CFC, which he's hopefully passed onto his son. :)

If he picks the saints over us then he is weak, looking for the softer option. Not what we need.
:D

Alrighty then.

Going off what I've read of the 3 prospects, Rice seems to be the most highly rated.

But he needs to pick us over the Saints.

IIRC he's had more exposed form at TAC level.
From what i saw last year he did ok at HB for the Stingrays last year.

When would Bailey have to make his choice about which of the two clubs he wants to go to? If I remember what happened with Daniher correctly, he actually nominated Essendon* well before the trade period and the father/son selection/bidding war process.

Which is why there are those rumours floating about of him being part of the doping program as a school kid.

If we end up like the clokes and only 1 of them ends up a star then i would still be pretty chuffed.
Are you saying that the Clokes are somewhere near as talented as the Silvagni family? I am going to hazard a guess and say that the boys will all be very good... and Ben will be an absolute monster!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure he was 190 mid-way through last year.

Pic was taken late last year at a Women Of Carlton function.

Judd is listed at 189cm on the Club's website & I would think that Jack would be around 191 - 192cm if not taller now.

994483_1527476520800339_354481896584134263_n.jpg

Judd is listed at 189cm on the Club's website & I would think that Jack would around 191 - 192cm if not taller now.
Yup he's a good chance to be his dad's height, which is genuine KPP height. Arms are not short either.

Body shape isn't everything of course, but it provides you with advantages that can be paired with your skill and nous.

Judd is listed at 189cm on the Club's website & I would think that Jack would around 191 - 192cm if not taller now.

994483_1527476520800339_354481896584134263_n.jpg

Cheers Aph. He does look a good inch taller than Juddy :)
If that was me at the WOC function, I would've taken a pic of Jack next to Paddy Cripps... just to troll everyone and create even more confusion! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back