Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise.

But would you rather F/S picks at the start of a club's draft selections or towards the end?

I want them to be capable AFL footy players, not just getting a free pass onto an AFL list without dominating TAC cup level. The reality is that if he doesnt start performing then it wont matter what number we get him with.

It's how we got Buckley for nix.
The irony with that one is that Carlton supporters were just pleading with fate that we'd have to use our first pick for him. It was as if that suddenly made him a better player than he actually was. Now the opposite is happening, it's as if a potential 'spud' (theoretically) would be worth it just because we can get him cheaply. In that case, wouldn't using the pick and having a choice between a number of players be the better option?

The ideal scenario is obviously score a gun using a low pick. But that's not going to happen. The bidding system ensures you basically pay what they are worth, with maybe a little bonus thrown in of dropping down some spots to your next pick.

So the choice is: do you want the kids to show very little and use low picks, or the kids to prove themselves and use higher picks. I'd rather the latter. Especially considering a 5 place bonus from pick 10-15 is more valuable than a 5 drop pick 40-45.

Of course, the biggest bonus would be if all three looked prospective enough to be first round picks and you ended up using picks from rnd 1,2,3 on them. But they aren't all likely to be that good. And the AFL looks like removing this glitch right in time for us.

So outside of the players conveniently playing under their potential or getting mysteriously injured, I'd like to see them step up in underage comp and look the goods......

It also gives a bit of surety in the fact that we don't know where we'll finish and just what sort of tricks we'd try in regards to trading when attempting to address specific needs. Silvagni, for instance, seems the type of player that tends to slip between our selections. Dare I say it, a tallish, marking HFF rather than a genuine KPP?

Last edited:
If due in Aug, baby would start kicking around now. Wonder if Hayley is already noticing an 'unusual kicking action'...:)

Also, baby is effectively tied to another person. Just like Levi's early days at Carlton :p

I see Viojo Rainbow has a brother playing in the tac cup this season, i know his dad who was a geelong supporter is keen for both his boys to be together at Carlton in 2016. 2 Viojo Rainbows at Carlton might be a good thing. Thoughts?

If due in Aug, baby would start kicking around now. Wonder if Hayley is already noticing an 'unusual kicking action'...:)

Also, baby is effectively tied to another person. Just like Levi's early days at Carlton :p

Hopefully he gets another 64 games in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Viojo Rainbow has a brother playing in the tac cup this season, i know his dad who was a geelong supporter is keen for both his boys to be together at Carlton in 2016. 2 Viojo Rainbows at Carlton might be a good thing. Thoughts?

Are you hoping for a double rainbow? There's an irish/leprechaun pun to be made here too, but I'll leave that pot of gold to someone else.

:Dsorry it's late

Remove this Banner Ad

Back