List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

That kid just has a bit of the Andy McLeods about him

Did I hear correctly that Tyson Edwards declined the invitation to send his boys to the FS AFC camp?

Did I hear correctly that Tyson Edwards declined the invitation to send his boys to the FS AFC camp?
Not sure about whether that is the case however this article is concerning!

Sadly for Crows fans, the Edwards boys have already jumped ship. Jackson is a committed Gold Coast fan, Luke barracks for the Power and Brodie is on the Geelong bandwagon.

"I thought they might have stuck with the Crows a bit longer but it's funny - once you finish up, the boys move on pretty quickly," he said.

All is not lost for Adelaide supporters because the boys would be eligible for father/son draft picks.

"There's a fair bit of water to go under the bridge between now and then," Edwards smiled.

Article here

Not sure why Tyson would have qualms about his sons playing for the Crows. I thought his gripes were with McLeod, not the AFC?

I womdert if Saints & Hawks fans have this much angst about the F/S rule.

I wonder how a young Bernie Vince will feel when he comes along. Probably just like the Edwards.
We really shouldn't be making list decisions on the chance that a player might at some stage in the future, procreate.

FFS the Crows actually made a ballsy decision to cut an underperformer for once and landed a great deal in the process and people rip into them for it.

No wonder they are always so ******* conservative.

Article here

Not sure why Tyson would have qualms about his sons playing for the Crows. I thought his gripes were with McLeod, not the AFC?

There are a few rumours about Edwards having issues with the AFC. Foremost among them is how his retirement was handled when he was extremely unwell. I think he also felt the club "sided with" McLeod over him during their feud.

As for the academy, I think the bigger issue was that he just didn't want his sons at the same academy as McLeod's sons.

Their allegiances right now don't mean anything, anyway. If you go up to a player and offer them a spot on your list, they'll switch back very quickly.

There are a few rumours about Edwards having issues with the AFC. Foremost among them is how his retirement was handled when he was extremely unwell. I think he also felt the club "sided with" McLeod over him during their feud.

As for the academy, I think the bigger issue was that he just didn't want his sons at the same academy as McLeod's sons.

Their allegiances right now don't mean anything, anyway. If you go up to a player and offer them a spot on your list, they'll switch back very quickly.
This is an interesting point. Take Brayden Maynard for instance. The kid lives in Victoria and his dad played for South Adelaide so chances are he probably barracks for a Victorian team anyway (or at least a non-Crows team). If the AFL deemed that he was eligible as an AFC F/S pick would he accept? Is the security of knowing exactly where you'll be drafted a strong enough reason to commit to the Crows?

Marc Murphy is an interesting comparison. Eligible to be drafted by the Lions yet decided to just enter the draft. However it's possible that Carlton were in his ear and assured him that they'd draft him with Pick #1?

The way he was treated at the end, with Craig initially refusing to allow him a farewell game, was pretty disgusting. Not the first time I've read that he's disillusioned with the AFC following the way his departure was handled.

Article here

Thanks mate..

We really shouldn't be making list decisions on the chance that a player might at some stage in the future, procreate.

FFS the Crows actually made a ballsy decision to cut an underperformer for once and landed a great deal in the process and people rip into them for it.

No wonder they are always so ******* conservative.
Agreed. The whole Bernie Vince angst has been quite pathetic. If he didn't play such inconsistent football over the 4 years he would have Benn offered a better contract.

Yeh. Only 321 games, over 16 years. He was cut off in his prime! Poor bugger was screwed over.

You get your chance to go out on your terms if you retire somewhat prematurely. If you go a season too long, someone else has to make the call for you. Reckon Tyson might still think he's got another game in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh. Only 321 games, over 16 years. He was cut off in his prime! Poor bugger was screwed over.

You get your chance to go out on your terms if you retire somewhat prematurely. If you go a season too long, someone else has to make the call for you. Reckon Tyson might still think he's got another game in him.
lol abit precious some of these guys aren't they. Ahh well he's a port man now.

From memory the bigger issue was that he was suffering from cancer, but Craig claimed he didn't realise or had forgotten or something.
Craig made all of the veterans promise that they would play out the season before they were re-signed. He felt betrayed by Edwards when Tyson decided to retire mid-season. End result: Craig has a dummy spit, the size of which would make Bassett proud.

I don't know when Tyson was diagnosed with cancer - and hence whether or not he should have even attempted to play that last season. I can certainly understand why his body wouldn't allow him to recover sufficiently to keep playing week-in-week-out. Craig had been told about the cancer and should have taken this into account, but it didn't fit into his particular view of how the world should operate. It didn't compute.

Think we will be right with Edwards. By the time his kids are eligible there will be different people in charge at the crows. Only issue might be if the McLeod boys are playing as well. Who's kids will be eligible first?

Think we will be right with Edwards. By the time his kids are eligible there will be different people in charge at the crows. Only issue might be if the McLeod boys are playing as well. Who's kids will be eligible first?

Would Bunji and Edwards want their kids playing alongside each other?

Agreed. The whole Bernie Vince angst has been quite pathetic. If he didn't play such inconsistent football over the 4 years he would have Benn offered a better contract.
So who else we would have traded to get us the low pick? Somebody had to go.

So who else we would have traded to get us the low pick? Somebody had to go.

Exactly my point. Bernie plays consistent football over the last 4 years then he gets another contract. He only has himself to blame. The club made the right decision.

Exactly my point. Bernie plays consistent football over the last 4 years then he gets another contract. He only has himself to blame. The club made the right decision.
So if it wasn't Bernie which player would have got us that pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back