List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a father who was a champion at our club, he has supported the club since he was born. Member of the father son academy they've set up.

Was star in the state, brother (and best friend) played for the club and was getting paid by the SANFL player retention scheme to stay in the state.

Until he signs or says publicly he will be a crows father son, I'm not confident.

Go have a read about what was happening at the time when Jarman signed with Hawthorn, this isn't a bad start - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/h...664089156?nk=af7b6c739d631e9c6a67ab31895875ef . Add to that Ben's father won 2 premierships with Adelaide, Ben has been a supporter of the club and he attends the father-son academy AFC has set up. There really aren't any similarities other than that they have the same last name.

Until he signs - I'm not confident.

He is not 100% over the line.

He lives in Adelaide, barracks for Adelaide, his dad is a dual premiership player for Adelaide... there is no possible way we could stuff this up.
You would think so....
I just have this vision of Jarman saying "I really want to spread my wings and play in Vic. It would be too easy just go to the Crows, where as I will need to develop more as a person if i go to Vic"

Yet we won't draft any of the S.A talent

I'd rather the best player left in the draft, then the best SA player left.

If it is lineball, then go with the SA kid.

I wouldn't put it past Hawthorn to weasel their way into the picture.
Good job offers and brown paper bags can work wonders. Not to mention the prospect of playing in a premiership with the team they currently have.
I would like to think he's ours, but I don't trust those bastards getting in his ear.

This

I wouldn't put it past Hawthorn to weasel their way into the picture.
Good job offers and brown paper bags can work wonders. Not to mention the prospect of playing in a premiership with the team they currently have.
I would like to think he's ours, but I don't trust those bastards getting in his ear.
Offering to pay for lipo for D Jars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone keeping up to date with the talk on possibly changing it? Might even come in this year. One suggestion is a panel will determine the worth of a player which might mean you have to give up 2 picks if the player is highly rated and your first pick isn't low enough.

All about bringing equality into it. Well what about the teams that have already have the advantage?

The AFL is an absolute joke of a competition.

I think it's fair enough to change the bidding for Academy players, but every club has the opportunity to access father/son (eventually) so I see no reason to change that.

The bidding system they have now is good.

Prevents a club getting a genuine bargain like the old days.

Is the issue that the new clubs don't have any players to access?
The Best in the Business said its all about equalisation. They are looking at all aspects of the comp.

The bidding system is ok except when you are getting 2 in the one year or when you finish near the top, giving up a pick in the high teens when the player is ranked higher is an issue.

But how you can now change the rules when you've got teams who already have an advantage? Watch us pay through the nose for Jarman.

The current system is great. I don't even care if some teams get a mega advantage and score some bargains on FS picks. It's a bit of luck and every club would have the same opportunities for a FS pick to come along.

So currently the other recruiters basically determine the worth of a player. This is fair.

What isn't fair is some other "independent experts" deciding if a kid could be good or not. If these people were so damn good at identifying talent, I'm pretty sure they'd be on the books somewhere doing just that already.

If they start making clubs pay too much for a FS pick, you'll just get clubs passing on them which would be a real shame. Or, you'll get a lot of kids being hidden away in a country league the year before their draft year. If the panel don't see him play, the panel can't rate him highly.

The Best in the Business said its all about equalisation. They are looking at all aspects of the comp.

The bidding system is ok except when you are getting 2 in the one year or when you finish near the top, giving up a pick in the high teens when the player is ranked higher is an issue.
Easy as you like to fix that. You can only have one f/s pick per year. Take the one you think you're getting the best deal on and the other heads into the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back