List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

Second best on again v Sturt on the weekend. Don't know where to find a detailed stat breakdown... But hes played 11, kicked 14 been in the bests 9 times.

Not including his game in the ressies.

Benny Jarman misses out on AIS-AFL academy level two squad. Absolute bollocks.

Have some serious objections to how they select this.

It's the second year running that the only players selected from SA have been the underagers Sticks used in the championships. This year the academy members were Burton, Sullivan, Partington, Tahana and Francis. Agius was added as a very last minute addition. This year it's Scharenberg, Ladhams, Graham and Slimming - the four players who made the 18s squad, three of whom played and one of whom (Slimming) didn't due to injury but was a level one member. Same goes for WA, the 7-8 picked from there were the 7-8 picked as underagers in the squad this year.

WA have twice the amount of representation in the academy than us despite us finishing higher than them in the 16s last year (with this batch) - so you'd assume our batch is better, however we're less represented. Interestingly, WA played A LOT of underagers in the champs this year because they were so weak. Those same underagers who were selected.

I reckon the criteria for the academy from SA/WA is 'must have played in the champs (or been in the academy the year before)' - probably because it's too intensive to scout the SANFL for the genuinely good kids. However if you're Victorian? Nah * that, anyone can make it cause the blokes who select it are based there and see the games each week.

On what we've seen of Jarman (and Jordon Sweet too, a North ruckman who >>> Ladhams) he should have been a shoe in. Clearly better than some of the kids selected from Victoria. Feel sorry for him as it's an excellent developmental pathway.

In other news - I feel so privileged
iRJa5rq.png

At this stage I'd say he's 20-30 but could go up or down. Won't know for sure until we see him on a higher stage. Likely second rounder. Could push into first territory.

Thanks.

If the Hawks were to match next year Adelaide's offer, then the Crows would need to provide a first rounder?

Thanks.

If the Hawks were to match next year Adelaide's offer, then the Crows would need to provide a first rounder?

That's not how it works.

We both don't have rights to Jarman. We have the right to be chosen by Jarman.

If Jarman chooses the Hawks, we're out. He's like a normal F/S to them. If he chooses us, the Hawks are out.

That's not how it works.

We both don't have rights to Jarman. We have the right to be chosen by Jarman.

If Jarman chooses the Hawks, we're out. He's like a normal F/S to them. If he chooses us, the Hawks are out.

Yep, but they (and any other club) can still bid one of their picks and the Crows will then match it, plus points, or whatever the deal is with this new system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call their bluff. Let him spend a season there then he requests a trade at the end of that year.
To Hawthorn...
No one requests a trade to us. If anyone was going to it was Aish. If we cant attact an Aish to our club, even when he is going to leave his current club, then we have some issues.

Last edited:
Another weekend in the bests for Ben in the ressies. Few more weeks like this and he might get a crack at the league side. They've got nothing to lose.

Another weekend in the bests for Ben in the ressies. Few more weeks like this and he might get a crack at the league side. They've got nothing to lose.
Who cares now ......now that we have to pay market rate & no free hits anymore, there's little interest

My Prediction:
given the uncertainty of any draft pick, and the regular failure of top draft picks ....i expect fewer clubs to go into draft pick deficit based on potential

Did you see that under the new system Sydney would have to give up 3 draft picks for Heeney ......big gamble if he fails

Who cares now ......now that we have to pay market rate & no free hits anymore, there's little interest

My Prediction:
given the uncertainty of any draft pick, and the regular failure of top draft picks ....i expect fewer clubs to go into draft pick deficit based on potential

Did you see that under the new system Sydney would have to give up 3 draft picks for Heeney ......big gamble if he fails
Ahhh the classic afl over correction.

My Prediction:

Dude, there's an element of romance here, you can't deny that. You'd also have to say that having, ultimately, the first (hopefully) crack at Ben if we wish is an advantage. If we decide he's overpriced and there's better, so be it.

Yes I saw the Heeney thing... They weren't all high picks though were they?

Heeney is an extreme example to use -

He got rated as the #2 kid in the draft (based on Melbourne's bid for him at #2) and Sydney had just played in a Grand Final -

If Jarman, for arguement's sake, get's rated the 10th best kid in his draft camp, even if the Crows won the previous Grand Final, we wouldn't need to use three draft picks. THe points are done exponentially to the point that top 3 rated kids will be expensive, but after that it falls away quite a bit..

but don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge

If he doesn't get a league game for North, we should apply to SANFL & AFL to play him for the Crows reserves, much in the same way as Viney & Daniher have done in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back