Past Father / Son - Josh Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant mark and as tough as they come but had a very ordinary kicking style. Always handpassed when he marked. Not sure what other people think but I still say he was the best full back weve had in my lifetime. (1975 onwards)
Putrid kicking style. I remember when he threw one on the boot on the boundary from outside 50 agains the Roos I think? Anyway it sailed through for the most offensive goal I've ever seen!

Dunkley was funny like that. Most of his time his kick would actually go to it's intended target but looked ugly as hell from the moment he started kicking until the ball arrived at its destination.

Sounds like Malceski's goal in the 2012 grand final.

My favourite player for some reason when I was a kid was Rowan Warfe.

Rod "tilt" carter and "leaping" Leo were mighty fine fullbacks as well but I always loved "dunks" played against him down here in Tassie an sine he got drafted from here, will claim him as an honorary Tasmanian :)
Brilliant mark and as tough as they come but had a very ordinary kicking style. Always handpassed when he marked. Not sure what other people think but I still say he was the best full back weve had in my lifetime. (1975 onwards)

Do we know anything about him in terms of height, position he plays and how good he is compared to his teammates?

I've only seen these stats, which are from the VIC Metro U16 squad announcement back in July

Jesse MAXFIELD 178cm 68kg Sandringham Dragons

Decent size and he must have something about him to make it into that squad

Putrid kicking style. I remember when he threw one on the boot on the boundary from outside 50 agains the Roos I think? Anyway it sailed through for the most offensive goal I've ever seen!

I remember that goal. From the Lockett pockett (hardest pocket in footy or so they said).

The way the footy was spinning I think a dog was riding it like a jockey.

:p

Completely different. Josh was playing senior football for Sale in Country Victoria at 15, thats a huge deal and was a sign of how good he was to become.

I've got the wrong end of the stick then, I'd heard he was tracking along similarly and had played a few reserves games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the reasoning behind giving this guy away again? Rubbish decision.

Would have been a handy replacement for Mitchell.

He didn't want to come to Sydney. We'd be putting time into a kid begging to go home. It's lose/lose

Also hindsight is 20/20
Micky O also famously didn't want to come to Sydney, as I'm sure do a lot of interstate teenagers. If we allow them to dictate who we should or should not draft then we might as well just recruit NSW players only

Micky O also famously didn't want to come to Sydney, as I'm sure do a lot of interstate teenagers. If we allow them to dictate who we should or should not draft then we might as well just recruit NSW players only
I think we learned from dunkley, when we took florent even thought he would have rather stay in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back