Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing some information that you guys aren't in for Foster. Apparently he's confident in being picked up by one of 3-4 other interested parties but you guys haven't shown much interest in picking him up.

Not sure what to make of it - I give it a 6/10 on the 'reliability' meter so could well be off but yeah, thought I'd pass it on anyway.

Doubt it very much, but can you imagine the uproar if we miss out on him.

We have dibs on an admittedly raw but promising tall forward, we'd have to spend a third rounder at most, and nominating him is up for consideration?
Missile+missiles+generic+xgold.jpg

Tread carefully, Dogs.

From what I've seen he does. The problem is he's just so small, I'd imagine he's in the low 170cm's on height. We already have Honeychurch and Hrovat who are similar so I'm not excited by him to tell you the truth.

Can't have too many good players....if he's good, he's good. I like the tall mids too, but good players no matter what height are what you want and you wants lots of them.

Does Foster have any ability as an inside mid?

I think the plan is to draft him then play him as a KPD at Footscray for a few years to become a good person and learn to play the right way, with 1-2 games a year in the AFL as a second ruckman. By the end of 2017, his career should be well and truly stuffed.

I think the plan is to draft him then play him as a KPD at Footscray for a few years to become a good person and learn to play the right way, with 1-2 games a year in the AFL as a second ruckman. By the end of 2017, his career should be well and truly stuffed.

If he isn't an inside mid we won't draft him :p

Think positive - consider the character building that will stand him in good stead for the rest of his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do need HB flankers though, but Howard/Pearce/Fuller for one reason or another aren't up to it at AFL level. If we draft Foster and Cordy the we're ok in fwd/def depth but just need a ready made KPF also. I'm a big fan of getting Sam Reid in due to his 2011-2012 form but others are sceptical.

Anyways, I'm all for getting both kids with 3rd/4th rounders, we just need to nail the other draft picks.
Just trying to think how many great hbf, played all of their footballs there and not at time been mids, followers, wings or forwards.

In other words are we jumping at shadows trying to draft a specific hbf

Just trying to think how many great hbf, played all of their footballs there and not at time been mids, followers, wings or forwards.

In other words are we jumping at shadows trying to draft a specific hbf
I think thats probably what we've done lately drafting so many mids in the hope a few of them finding their feet on the flanks. While the Fuller pick was more to target the specific need with an (in theory) ready to go player. Could definitely see a guy like Prudden playing off HB (injury permitting)

If we do draft him, and he's not up to it, this career arc might not be too wide of the mark. Another Alister Ford/David Round...

I really hope we draft Foster
excited more to land Foster, even over Cordy

hoping we get both on the cheap to
Why is that? :confused:

He is a tall forward, I guess. I'm just not going to get excited because he'll get into the system and it'll be a while before he has an impact.

Will come cheap, though. It'd be nice to get him with a rookie pick because he'll spend lots of time at Footscray to begin with.

Why is that? :confused:

He is a tall forward, I guess. I'm just not going to get excited because he'll get into the system and it'll be a while before he has an impact.

Will come cheap, though. It'd be nice to get him with a rookie pick because he'll spend lots of time at Footscray to begin with.
because I've seen Cordy live numerous times and never seen Foster

so I guess its because he is unknown to me? and that is why :)

because I've seen Cordy live numerous times and never seen Foster

so I guess its because he is unknown to me? and that is why :)
Fair enough.

Leading the TAC Cup goalkicking, booting 6 in a final, roosting them from 50 - it's no wonder we get excited. Just think he'll have to build on a few things, physically and in his game, before he plays at AFL level. I'd still love to have him at the club though, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't pick him up.

Who knows, he could prove me wrong - standing next to Jones and [Insert big draftee/recruit here], he could walk into our side and impress.

Fair enough.

Leading the TAC Cup goalkicking, booting 6 in a final, roosting them from 50 - it's no wonder we get excited. Just think he'll have to build on a few things, physically and in his game, before he plays at AFL level. I'd still love to have him at the club though, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't pick him up.

Who knows, he could prove me wrong - standing next to Jones and [Insert big draftee/recruit here], he could walk into our side and impress.
If Jones does go and we recruit Wright
I hope they're the duo twin towers for us :D
still need help down back of course, which is where Cordy would come in handy

If Jones does go and we recruit Wright
I hope they're the duo twin towers for us :D
still need help down back of course, which is where Cordy would come in handy
Remember when Ayce played down back? He looked so good... Think he'll be good in the ruck going forward though. He's another that has benefited immensely from having our own reserves team.

I wish I'd asked the coach about Darcy Macpherson on Saturday. So keen for next year's TAC Cup to see how he goes.

Foster has things to work on, like every draftee, would be surprised if we didn't take him with a late pick.

So it seems the main weakness he has is he needs to be fed the ball to have an impact, take a look at McCartins highlights package, the only thing he does is take drilled kicks out in front on the lead, every forward needs to be fed the ball to have a large impact.

Especially if Jones leaves we must take him as he suits that 2nd forward role.

What if we give Brisbane Jones or St Kilda his dad played there.

And say we want Wright or MCardin