Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Every recruiter watches every tac cup game every week. This ain't the 80s bro
I think my point was, that considering this is a Grand Final with the two best teams in play and no other TAC game to view, this one would have special significance with the National Draft drawing closer and would therefore attract a higher level of interest from recruiters. This is also a likely scenario irrespective of the era.

I think my point was, that considering this is a Grand Final with the two best teams in play and no other TAC game to view, this one would have special significance with the National Draft drawing closer and would therefore attract a higher level of interest from recruiters. This is also a likely scenario irrespective of the era.
Like how Wallis was rated ahead of Libba on the back of a 47 disposal grand final.
(Actually that's unfair, Wallis' junior career was filled with accolades, captaining Vic Metro etc.)

Like how Wallis was rated ahead of Libba on the back of a 47 disposal grand final.
(Actually that's unfair, Wallis' junior career was filled with accolades, captaining Vic Metro etc.)
Very unfair. Wallis was always seen to be the better draft talent than Liberatore and even at the end of 2012 was still seen as the better player.

I will be pissed if we pass up on Foster. Leading goalkicker in the TAC this year for **** sakes in an area we are crying out for.

I got to the VFL grand final a bit earlier so I could watch the TAC game. I watched young Foster pretty closely for 2 quarters. First time I have seen him live.

He's a good size, he will of course fill out further. Dead spit of his Dad who I loved a player back in the day.

Limited knowledge of the boy of course, just 2 quarters of footy, but from what I saw I doubt we would draft him. He looks agile enough, was good with ball on the ground but looked lost in marking contests. His dad had great hands and I didn't see it in his boy.

Now his dad was a late bloomer, I think young Fossie could be too. He would be a good rookie selection, he will need a lot of time. So look it depends on who is about in our late picks, he may well be the best available. But if we are looking for a KP forward who can develop in 2 to 3 years then I don't think he's it. In 6 years who knows. But to use any less than a 4th rounder on him would be unwise in my opinion. Best to rookie if we can.

Now his dad was a late bloomer, I think young Fossie could be too. He would be a good rookie selection, he will need a lot of time. So look it depends on who is about in our late picks, he may well be the best available. But if we are looking for a KP forward who can develop in 2 to 3 years then I don't think he's it. In 6 years who knows. But to use any less than a 4th rounder on him would be unwise in my opinion. Best to rookie if we can.

Funny you say that, I was talking to a lovely elder gentleman on the wing behind the stands during the TAC Cup game whilst he was waiting patiently for his friend to arrive for the VFL final. He has been a supporter for many season, maybe even 40-50 years. For a person from his generation, I was rather surprised with how humble and patient he was. Unlike most of the negative brigade who are mostly 30-50 something's going through a midlife crisis. I am yet to meet an old fan who is bitter towards the club, he seemed comfortable with our current plan and wants us to get it right than rush it.

Anyways, he shared the same views you said about Fossie, that he bloomed late, and that if we can pick him up with a late pick or a rookie pick, it might be worth developing him. As he said, you need to draft 3-4 forwards, to find one good one. Considering the rate of development and success with KPP is less than midfielders. He didn't show it during the Grand Final, but his contested marking is his strongest asset, and something we lack on the team as well. Give him some time I think, it is worth developing him in the VFL team to see what we can get from him

I got to the VFL grand final a bit earlier so I could watch the TAC game. I watched young Foster pretty closely for 2 quarters. First time I have seen him live.

He's a good size, he will of course fill out further. Dead spit of his Dad who I loved a player back in the day.

Limited knowledge of the boy of course, just 2 quarters of footy, but from what I saw I doubt we would draft him. He looks agile enough, was good with ball on the ground but looked lost in marking contests. His dad had great hands and I didn't see it in his boy.

Glad to hear that you're biggest concern on him was his marking because everything I've read about him makes out that he's a high flying pack marker, hopefully he just had an off day in that regard.

My biggest concern would be what he does without the ball and also just how good he is in general play with the ball

Glad to hear that you're biggest concern on him was his marking because everything I've read about him makes out that he's a high flying pack marker, hopefully he just had an off day in that regard.

My biggest concern would be what he does without the ball and also just how good he is in general play with the ball

Well it was just one game. So just based on what I saw. He looked to be laboring off ball too maybe he was carrying something. He certainly didn't look like a high flying pack marker, more like someone who could get it on a lead.

Anyway, we could still draft him, but we would need to be careful with what pick we use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I pretty much saw the same as you TK, got there at 1/2 time.... I agree with your observations (again it's the only time I've seen him) and imo I think there is enough to work with and don't think we'll need to wait 6 years.. I'm not sure what we'll be prepared to pay, rookie would be awesome..

The kid next door to me played on sunday i saw the whole game, fossie was one of the better players in first half, after that the boy lacked supply cannons lost all control after quater time, that wasn't his fault. They played up one wing all second half, breaking down badly at chf, the chargers were just picking them off at will. In tac games they play a very sructured step up eg full forward stays at home don't flood back that really does'nt help him find the ball

"Most clubs expect a bid to come inside the first 30 picks for Cordy, who stands at 192cm and 80kg"

Wouldn't that be fantastic if a club bids on him before our 2nd :):):)