Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Zaine is worth a 2nd round pick. I have his range from 25-30 at least. I'd be perfectly comfortable using it on him.

Isn't it simple. If we rate him lower (or at) 25, we take him if someone bids beforehand (even Geelong at 13). If not and someone bids ... we let him go and hope who we ranked earlier has a more successful career.

Isn't it simple. If we rate him lower (or at) 25, we take him if someone bids beforehand (even Geelong at 13). If not and someone bids ... we let him go and hope who we ranked earlier has a more successful career.
Yep spot on Bazza, you have to rate the players in order, if someone rates him higher, let him go. Pick 13 seems a bit high considering he's not been anywhere near that highly rated at all. I smell a bluff.

Yep spot on Bazza, you have to rate the players in order, if someone rates him higher, let him go. Pick 13 seems a bit high considering he's not been anywhere near that highly rated at all. I smell a bluff.

My theory, for what it's woth TK, is that teams approach F/S and Academy bidding looking for value. If Geelong think that Cordy is worth more than their first round selection they bid, otherwise they sit pat.

I can't see Geelong compromising their whole draft just to make us use a second round pick instead of a third round pick.

If that is true, I don't think we will use our second rounder on him. He isn't even a top 15 prospect, so Geelong will be making a massive gamble to nominate that pick. Let them take him if that's the case. Better talent likely to be found in the 20's

Bigfooty says he isn't a top 15 prospect, doesn't mean he's not. I'm confident we will be taking Cordy if we have to in the 2nd round.

My theory, for what it's woth TK, is that teams approach F/S and Academy bidding looking for value. If Geelong think that Cordy is worth more than their first round selection they bid, otherwise they sit pat.

I can't see Geelong compromising their whole draft just to make us use a second round pick instead of a third round pick.

Well....I think any club who does that is stupid......but there are lots of stupid decisions made and ulterior motives and I'm sure there is a unwritten code to make teams pay as high a price as possible.

But what you need to do, is send the message that you will not tale a f/s unless he's at a pick you are comfortable with. I would be on the phone to the Cats a tell them, if you bid 13, you will get Zcord.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Wallis won the B & F for his school. Wonder if he will go and play at Calder as an overager?

Appears talented enough, needs to do major work on his endurance however.

Stoked as that we got Cordy for pick 61. Could end up a bigger bargain than Hunter. That means that after the Jones trade, we should have five live picks inside the top 50, not a bad spot to be in a draft like this.

******* rapt with that, should have a heap of live picks.

No one bidded on Finlayson at all? Steele rose up the boards massively.