Analysis Father/Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

But it's not really.
Libba may be a gun now but he only was expected to go around ~15 in an uncompromised draft. The difference between pick 15 and 41 or whatever is actually less than both Daniher and Viney. Daniher was rated around a pick 2 or 3 and Viney about a pick 5 and picks 10 and 23 or whatever was taken to used them was a more significant than us and Libba.

I'm sick of you coming on to every thread and ruining rooly, rooly good stories by quoting facts and statistics and the truth and s**t like that! Stop it! ;)

But it's not really.
Libba may be a gun now but he only was expected to go around ~15 in an uncompromised draft. The difference between pick 15 and 41 or whatever is actually less than both Daniher and Viney. Daniher was rated around a pick 2 or 3 and Viney about a pick 5 and picks 10 and 23 or whatever was taken to used them was a more significant than us and Libba.

What was Wally rated?

What was Wally rated?
It's hard to tell because not many club people/media were focused on them because they knew they were coming to us, but Wally was coming off a 47-touch BOG in the TAC Cup Grand Final. Believe it or not, he was rated slightly above Libba and probably would have gone about pick 10, but could have been as early as 6-8 or as late as 12-15.

BRG93 - a couple of updates for the OP:

1. No Josh Kellett (see post on previous page)
2. There are two Jarvis Murphys (or is one Bob's dog? no, I think that's Arthur isn't it?) Don't know which is correct - 2023 or 2025.

BRG93 - a couple of updates for the OP:

1. No Josh Kellett (see post on previous page)
2. There are two Jarvis Murphys (or is one Bob's dog? no, I think that's Arthur isn't it?) Don't know which is correct - 2023 or 2025.

Arthur Murphy is in training to replace Sid

Arthur Murphy is in training to replace Sid
How many draft points will we have to sacrifice to get him?
It'd be terrible for a Daschund if he got drafted by the GWS cheer squad and had to traipse around on stilts in a Giant's costume.
Also he might catch the mange from you-know-who.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard whether they will be having father daughter selections for the women's league? some of the old players daughters I've met certainly have the height to be good.

Anyone heard whether they will be having father daughter selections for the women's league? some of the old players daughters I've met certainly have the height to be good.

You really do hope they do this. It would be that rare that they may as well allow girls to walk straight into sides their dads played for.

Hi Guys,

Thought this may be of interest to some. José Romeo's son Michael is eligible father/son to the Doggies this year. Below is a profile I drew up on him, we'll have weekly rolling updates on Michael in the TAC Cup as they come to hand over at footyprophet.com.au.

Michael Romero
Height: 175cm, Weight: 70kg, DOB: 9/10/1998
Recruited From: Calder Cannons
Position: Small Forward

The son of Bulldogs great Jose, Michael Romero qualifies as a father/son this year, but still has a long way to go before being drafted. Whilst Romero has qualities like his father, the small forward is erratic, with a big gap separating his best and worst. Still developing as a footballer, Romero is quick, fleet-footed and can hit the scoreboard, but can overuse the ball and be a bit selfish at times. Romero showed glimpses of his prestige pedigree last year, averaging 12 disposals, while also showing some great defensive pressure at times for the Cannons. He’ll need to lift his output this year, and would be hoping for a call up into the Vic Metro side.

Here's the rest of the article with other F/S prospects in the 2016 draft.

(Apologies mods if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find it.)

Hi Guys,

Thought this may be of interest to some. José Romeo's son Michael is eligible father/son to the Doggies this year. Below is a profile I drew up on him, we'll have weekly rolling updates on Michael in the TAC Cup as they come to hand over at footyprophet.com.au.

Michael Romero
Height: 175cm, Weight: 70kg, DOB: 9/10/1998
Recruited From: Calder Cannons
Position: Small Forward

The son of Bulldogs great Jose, Michael Romero qualifies as a father/son this year, but still has a long way to go before being drafted. Whilst Romero has qualities like his father, the small forward is erratic, with a big gap separating his best and worst. Still developing as a footballer, Romero is quick, fleet-footed and can hit the scoreboard, but can overuse the ball and be a bit selfish at times. Romero showed glimpses of his prestige pedigree last year, averaging 12 disposals, while also showing some great defensive pressure at times for the Cannons. He’ll need to lift his output this year, and would be hoping for a call up into the Vic Metro side.

Here's the rest of the article with other F/S prospects in the 2016 draft.

(Apologies mods if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find it.)
Thanks, very good.

Sucks we keep churning out these 'nearly good enough' smalls. Any other time we'd be taking them but were so stacked for smalls we really cant be wasting list spots on more as nice as the idea of F/S are. At least he sounds like he'd add a slight point of difference considering Hrovat/Honey/Daniel arent exactly quick. How quick is Romero? Really really quick or comparable to say Honey? I.e not super speedy but fast enough.