Father/Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt think it should affect it at all, unless his dad has spoken out against it previously.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 4
Doesn't affect our entitlement to nominate him but he still has to want to come to the club - c.f. John/Marc Murphy

Father/son is now bid on as well, so i think the more interesting part would be how much the Suns would be willing to bid. Awkward as he would have to put a worth on his own son. Difference in him wanting to come to us though, like Murphy, is that Murphy knew he was choosing between Carlton or us. Might be a different kettle of fish for him. At least with us he know he is up here with his Dad. Wonder what conflict of interest there would be with that senario though. Very weird situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently a Lions supporter and Dan Rich his favourite player...

http://sandringhamdragons.com.au/ww...x?cid=749&fid=748&result=profile&client=10954

That's good to see. I like the idea of former Fitzroy players getting their kids to support the Lions. Whatever he does and wherever he goes I hope that family keeps having some sort of emotional ties with the Lions.

In scary news, he hadn't turned one by the time Fitzroy played their last game. Something very sad about kids being drafted into the AFL right now who have no memory at all of the Roys.

Father/son is now bid on as well, so i think the more interesting part would be how much the Suns would be willing to bid. Awkward as he would have to put a worth on his own son. Difference in him wanting to come to us though, like Murphy, is that Murphy knew he was choosing between Carlton or us. Might be a different kettle of fish for him. At least with us he know he is up here with his Dad. Wonder what conflict of interest there would be with that senario though. Very weird situation.

Gold Coast aren't compelled to bid though. They might opt out. Clayton might not like the idea of having to make list management decisions on his son.

Just read about Josh Clayton on the AFL site. Apparently Tyler Roos is another one under the father/son. Thought he was with the Swans academy? Or doesn't it matter?

Just read about Josh Clayton on the AFL site. Apparently Tyler Roos is another one under the father/son. Thought he was with the Swans academy? Or doesn't it matter?

A player in both academy and father/son can choose which to be nominated for, same as the Daniher boys choosing which of Essendon and Sydney will nominate them. However given Tyler's moved to Vic and playing for Sandringham, I suspect that voids his academy membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back