Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the great mr black magic's(politically incorrect these days?) son is on our radar and seems to be a very highly probable father son pick in a few years. I think he's 13-14 however don't know much about him, anyone know about him?

I think our last father sons were roach and raines so haven't really had any successful ones lately..
It was actually just plain "Mr Magic" old son....can't. Ever recall "black" being tagged in

It was actually just plain "Mr Magic" old son....can't. Ever recall "black" being tagged in
I remember him being called black magic. Anyway, whatever he was known as he's the most skillfull footballer I've ever seen in a Richmond jumper and my favourite tiger of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he can just develop quietly on the Tiwi's, out of the spotlight. Then when he's of the right age etc RFC strikes & he bursts onto the scene. To take the game by storm & reinvigorate interest in AFL again after the the whipping it's taken......(No pressure though Maurice jr)....:eek:

And re-awaken the sleeping giant further......o_O

As I remember it he was 'Mr Magic'. Some people might have added 'black'. But there was no need to differentiate - he was the original first and best Mr Magic

I clearly remember my dad and his mates calling him Black Magic when we were sitting in the top tier of the old southern stand. As a young fella watching footy from a great distance (before big colourful replay screens) Maurice stood out on the field so I always knew where he was. Was my favourite player!

The greatest player I've seen in the yellow and black.

The quickness of Cyrill but he had the toughness added as he was a keen boxer.
Champion player.

The amount of oohs around the G when he used to do a Messi and swivel around 5 opponents and go for goal and the Punt Road End would shake with a roar.

We have to get this kid on the list.

Messi was groomed at 12 years of age at Barcelona wasn't he? :D;)

The AFL will force him to Essendrugs to keep the family connection going......

I expect Essendon and Hawforn with their drugs and pokie money will do anything it takes to get him to their clubs while spiritually he should be at Tigerland.

The greatest player I've seen in the yellow and black.

The quickness of Cyrill but he had the toughness added as he was a keen boxer.
Champion player.

The amount of oohs around the G when he used to do a Messi and swivel around 5 opponents and go for goal and the Punt Road End would shake with a roar.
Ah, yes, the memorable day Wacko Jacko called him something nasty on the practice field and Maurice offered to take it out the back... Jacko looked like one of the carcasses from the freezer in "Rocky" when Maurice (who I believe won a "Golden Gloves" back in the day) had finished with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back