Faux tough guy Lewis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish Phil. Lewis has been very average for a long time. Can't hold his feet, always falls to the ground (the green keeper), stops and props during a chain of attacking possessions allowing the movement to break down, fumbles but can kick the odd goal. He is now a bottom six player at best.

We have a few sacred cows who too many on this board who wear rose colored glasses and continue to overlook their faults. Good on you CLA for naming one of those sacred cows.

Oh, but it is only one loss. Can someone remind me why it is nearly always the same players who fail to deliver in the pressure games.

Just because we are premiers and could repeat this year does not disallow anyone from criticizing players who consistently fail to perform when the chips are down.

We are not a perfect team and neither is any other. No player is above criticism.

Lewis would have been close to our best half dozen today

Lewis has too many credits in the bank for this thread to be made after a bad loss

This thread is very poor

Yet not poorer than his performances in big games against quality opponents.

Just glad he's so good at jumping punching GWS kids and getting 30 touches in 15 goal drubbings.

Lewis would have been close to our best half dozen today

If u look at stats yep.. Impact and influence on the game SFA..
Love Lewy but he is struggling to be the player we need him to b
His credits are running low. If sewelly gets the hard call.. Lewy is not immune..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk

It's gonna take time vs the cats
For yea they've gotten away with blue murder against us, and I think Lewis, along with several other players, were watching thier back, as he umpires haven't been known to do it over the yrs

Geez am a bit over him.

Could be a very good player, tries the tough guy stuff too often, doesn't do enough for mine and am over the angry pills BS.

Can't believe he is a VC. Like Ossie, good team man but no leader.

I suppose it's expected that posters need an escapegoat!
Well done on your choice.

You don't watch the game much, I take it?

You have no idea.

Lewis was far from the worst today why single him out after a loss?

He's a "leader". Compare the Cats leaders in the last 5 minutes to ours?
It's easy to smash Cheney, meanwhile the Vice Captain escapes again due to the Mafia protecting him....again!
Lewis is soft. There, I said it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very emotive thread, I'm continually disappointed by Lewis' antics and performance. I hope someone can leapfrog him to take over from Hodgey when that time comes. I'm really not sold on Roughy been the man either. It's a shame WhiteX has lost 2 years of footy as he was really putting his hand up IMO.

I have said this before on here and got smashed but will have another crack. Without having stats at hand I have left a lot of Hawthorn Geelong games terribly disappointed with Roughead, Rioli, Hodge and Lewis.

Our 4 big name players seem to disappear when we play Geelong. Again I have not looked at stats but just making the comment based on what I feel watching these contests.

On another note I thought Birchall played one of his worst games for the club today. He was dreadful with little 5 metre chip kicks under pressure various times costing us goals.

Anyway Geelong should and need to be congratulated- they shut our game plan down completely in front of 80k and a National TV audience and to be honest I think the scoreboard today flattered us in the end.

Sellwood, Stevie J and Hawkins impose themselves when they have to in these games and at that was a massive difference again today.

I have said this before on here and got smashed but will have another crack. Without having stats at hand I have left a lot of Hawthorn Geelong games terribly disappointed with Roughead, Rioli, Hodge and Lewis.

Our 4 big name players seem to disappear when we play Geelong. Again I have not looked at stats but just making the comment based on what I feel watching these contests.

On another note I thought Birchall played one of his worst games for the club today. He was dreadful with little 5 metre chip kicks under pressure various times costing us goals.

Anyway Geelong should and need to be congratulated- they shut our game plan down completely in front of 80k and a National TV audience and to be honest I think the scoreboard today flattered us in the end.

Sellwood, Stevie J and Hawkins impose themselves when they have to in these games and at that was a massive difference again today.

Not happy with a Premiership last year?

You wanted more than a premiership?

:eek:

One loss and we turn into Richmond supporters, the guy bleeds brown and gold, deserves a lot better than this thread.

One loss this year . !!
But he should be getting us over the line..nothing tigerish.. Just not influencing games like he should be by now..
Lewis is geelongs .. Who ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk

Rubbish Phil. Lewis has been very average for a long time. Can't hold his feet, always falls to the ground (the green keeper), stops and props during a chain of attacking possessions allowing the movement to break down, fumbles but can kick the odd goal. He is now a bottom six player at best.

We have a few sacred cows who too many on this board who wear rose colored glasses and continue to overlook their faults. Good on you CLA for naming one of those sacred cows.

Oh, but it is only one loss. Can someone remind me why it is nearly always the same players who fail to deliver in the pressure games.

Just because we are premiers and could repeat this year does not disallow anyone from criticizing players who consistently fail to perform when the chips are down.

We are not a perfect team and neither is any other. No player is above criticism.

Really? Why isn't there a thread for faux tough guy Hodge who goes missing against Geelong quite regularly? Oh what about faux defender Cheney? Singling out a player is absolutely gutless. If you have any balls you would start up individual threads about each of the underperforming players from today.

Where was your response to Lewis being shyte on Grand Final day? I am sure you would have done your best impressions of David Copperfield back then.

Not so much a reflection of today, but I just don't rate him.
Sure, he has had his moments. But promised so much more than what he has delivered. The tough guy persona isn't backed up by actions often enough. I would have traded him 2 or 3 years ago when he might have had some value.

Happy to be prooved wrong, but that is just my opinion.

Really? Why isn't there a thread for faux tough guy Hodge who goes missing against Geelong quite regularly? Oh what about faux defender Cheney? Singling out a player is absolutely gutless. If you have any balls you would start up individual threads about each of the underperforming players from today.

Where was your response to Lewis being shyte on Grand Final day? I am sure you would have done your best impressions of David Copperfield back then.

More rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back