Favorite Collingwood Goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to pick the common denominator in your recent posts johncitizen

Big Didak fan? He definitely provided us with a heap of big moments. His goal from outside 50 on the run v West Coast at Subi in 2007 in a cut throat Semi was another cracker.

Hi Tails. The goal at Subi was awesome. Dids did some amazing things playing footy. I've watched every game Daicos played and he was even better.

Jamie Elliott is right up there these days as my favourite player. I'm also hoping Abbott and Maynard succeed as I like the tough nuts.

Cheers

Good call. Actually johnnos goal which was either the 6th or 7th when he baulked Ling was awesome. The crowd was roaring as soon as it left the boot. I was right behind the line and we were all up as soon as it went off the boot. Come to think of it Pendles one either just before or after on his right after awesome pressure in the centre square was amazing too. Similar story it wasn't missing.

That quarter is one of my favourite all-time!

I was lucky enough to talk with Johnno about that goal before a suburban game when he was playing for Doncaster. He said he could hear the roar when Shawy handballed to him and the noise was deafening when he kicked the goal. He said he had goosebumps on the ground! The best part of the chat was he told me he had watched a replay of that quarter only two days earlier. We even had a debate about which crowd was louder-the 2010 prelim or the 2002 prelim.- I said 2002 by a whisker and he thought 2010.

This without a doubt will probably be the worst video posted in this thread. But I really enjoyed everyone of these goals

I hope Leigh Brown looks back at his last 2 seasons of Afl football and considers himself a Magpie for life.

Some miscellaneous ones, since you lot took all the good ones, lol! :cry::p

I was lucky enough to talk with Johnno about that goal before a suburban game when he was playing for Doncaster. He said he could hear the roar when Shawy handballed to him and the noise was deafening when he kicked the goal. He said he had goosebumps on the ground! The best part of the chat was he told me he had watched a replay of that quarter only two days earlier. We even had a debate about which crowd was louder-the 2010 prelim or the 2002 prelim.- I said 2002 by a whisker and he thought 2010.
That's awesome. There was the expectation that when it was he and Ling, he would take him on. I think even Bruce called it.

I agree with you on 2002. That roar when Davis sealed it In the last quarter when Adelaide were pressing was out of this world. The Pendles and Johnno goals are up there though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mine.

1. The most important. Cloke's to put us in front by a point in the 2010 GF.

2. The most poignant. Didak's in the 03 QF against the Lions to seal the match.

3. The most skillful. Davis against the Bulldogs in 01. He evaded about 4-5 tackles and then snapped one around the corner from 20 odd metres out. It was amazing, but in all the years since I've never been able to find footage of it (he had his dreadlocks at the time if anyone can find it...). By today's standards it prob wasn't all that special, but to a 14 yo kid that grew up watching us in the 90's where the weekly highlight would be Sav kicking 6 or Buckley getting 30+ kicks it was brilliant.

Last edited:
Mine.

1. The most important. Cloke's to put us in front by a point in the 2010 GF.

2. The most poignant. Didak's in the 03 QF against the Lions to seal the match.

3. The most skillful. Davis against the Bulldogs in 01. He evaded about 4-5 tackles and then snapped one around the corner from 20 odd metres out. It was amazing, but in all the years since I've never been able to find footage of it (he had his dreadlocks at the time if anyone can find it...). By today's standards it prob wasn't all that special, but to a 14 yo kid that grew up watching us in the 90's where the weekly highlight would be Sav kicking 6 or Buckley getting 30+ kicks it was brilliant.
i remember about 2008 when dribbling goals somewhat became more common, and were the current craze(from memory), and being a 11 year old they excited me more than anything in the league, then Daisy nailed one from about 45 out on the run while being chased by cameron ling, im pretty sure its hard to find footage of, but i thought at the time we had seen the greatest goal of all time hahah.
anyone else still remember that one??

Anyone mentioned Mick Mcgaune 1994? Twiggy Dunne in 77 wasn't bad eiher.
Allow me to mention it again......and thank you for the opportunity noideaatall ! My three month old son's first game he saw on tv and the first goal he saw, even though I did have to hold his little head up to see it and cheer - yay Mickey Mcguane!

I did like Twiggy's also

Probably my second favourite was the Jack Anthony goal against Adelaide - sometimes referred to as the "right in front of me" goal. My son and I were sitting with mostly pies supporters on the wing. Just after what would have been the match winning goal to, I think, Tippett after a bogus free against Presti, some dude just in front of us sprang to life. Seriously, he had just been hunched all game and had barely said or done a thing. Suddenly he has turned to those behind him jumping up and down like a monkey doing "up yours" with both hands to all pies supporters along with incomprehensible mutterings. The crowd roared and he stopped and turned around to see Jack getting the free. In our jubilation following the goal we all forgot about him

I like to think he is the guy on the YouTube clip sooking "right in front of me!"

Last edited:
This one?

He didn't kick too many and that one was just one final act of defiance in a lost year. If Phil Carman doesn't get rubbed out in the 77 prelim we win that GF by 5-10 goals....Nassa just said "nup, not taking anymore of this stuff...beat three guys and kicked one from 55 on the boundary" ....if we'd won that replay he'd have been immortalised as the greatest goal of all time.

In reality though...Daics kicked probably 20-30 better goals in his career than that one!

i remember about 2008 when dribbling goals somewhat became more common, and were the current craze(from memory), and being a 11 year old they excited me more than anything in the league, then Daisy nailed one from about 45 out on the run while being chased by cameron ling, im pretty sure its hard to find footage of, but i thought at the time we had seen the greatest goal of all time hahah.
anyone else still remember that one??
Sure do. We smashed the cats by about 80odd points. If I'm not mistaken, it was a dribbling banana on the wrong boundary similar to Daics in 1990 but from further out. As a matter of fact Thomas kicked a few of them, one similar agst the saints in 06 or 07 but was deemed to be out of bounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back