Favourite baseball movie

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, no idea how to set up a poll. I'll just list a bunch of my favourites. Curious to know yours.

Moneyball
61*
For Love of The Game
Trouble With The Curve
The Rookie
Take Me Out To The Ball Game
The Babe

Left off a couple I can think of

Major League
Major League 2
Major League 3 "Back to the minors"
The Natural
League of there own

Bull Durham
8 men out
The Natural

Can't remember the name of it, didn't mind the one with Kevin Costner where he was a pitcher in his last game.

Major League movies are all good. League of Their Own also good.

Field of Dreams is the Costner movie, how could I forget that.

"If you build it, they will come"

I forgot that too. But it was another one I'm thinking of. Think it was Costner anyway. Will look it up.

[Edit]For love of the game it's called.

Definitely The Natural with Robert Redford.
Field of Dreams and Bull Durham are my next favourites.

Bull Durham
8 men out
The Natural

Can't remember the name of it, didn't mind the one with Kevin Costner where he was a pitcher in his last game.

Major League movies are all good. League of Their Own also good.

This was very underrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Top 5:

Major League 1
Field of Dreams
Major League 3
A League of Their Own

Actually surprised when I did this Moneyball and the Natural didn't get a run, either could easily slot in any spot 2 to 5.

Finally seen 42 the other day loved it.
so in order
Major League 1
Moneyball
The Natural
field of Dreams
the Babe

Not really a baseball movie but "a The Fan"
The scout
Major league
Hardball
Sandlot kids
Major league
Bad News Bears
61*
Bull Durham
Field of dream
Fir the love of the game (Kevin Costner)

The Natural
Moneyball
Field Of Dreams
The Stratton Story
Eight men Out

I find the movies are better than the game itself...America'spastoral pastime is, in fact, hopelessly cruel, capricious, and unforgiving. It's a perfect game for Hollywood, the drama can be found in all facets of the game...oh and they cheat like no other game can.

The Natural
Moneyball
Field Of Dreams
The Stratton Story
Eight men Out

I find the movies are better than the game itself...America'spastoral pastime is, in fact, hopelessly cruel, capricious, and unforgiving. It's a perfect game for Hollywood, the drama can be found in all facets of the game...oh and they cheat like no other game can.
WTF

Baseball is sometimes called "the thinking man's game" It appears Major League players were thinking of how could they cheat the system and get away with it! Baseball's steroid scandal of performance-enhancing drugs was the number one sports story of the decade in the USA in the 2000s. It's perfect for Hollywood. You have the passion of the average Baseball fan and then you see his heart ripped out when 44 Major League players have been suspended since 2005 for a total of 1464 games for steroid abuse...you can't invent that script. Then you have another 63 players who had major league experience still playing in the minor leagues suspended for 2235 games due to steroid abuse. In 2013 alone, the league hit 13 players with steroid suspensions for a combined total of 811 games (of which A-Rod accounted for a record-shattering 211).
You can't have respect for a sport such as this. I like the movies though, they certainly have it over American Football movies.
The Essendon story has nothing on this farce. No doubt more Baseball movies will follow.

I forgot to add 'Cobb' to my list, a 1994 film starring Tommy Lee Jones about the life of Ty Cobb. What's there about this man that wasn't detestable? Of course, the fact that he sharpened his metal cleats and was not shy about gouging them into a man's leg if they got in his way of stealing a base probably helped out a tad on that front. When it comes to being a complete dick Cobb wins hands down, how many former baseball champs can claim they once violently beat up a man with no hands? None of them, we imagine. The Cobb movie is a beauty!

He's the only man in Baseball more hated than Barry Bonds. There are two universal truths people know about Barry Bonds; One, he is the face of the steroids era and two, he is a huge dickhead to pretty much everybody. Barry is known to be one of the worst teammates possible and openly hostile with the media. In college, he feuded with teammates and his manager. In Pittsburgh, he feuded with teammates and his manager. In San Francisco he feuded with teammates and his manager and was given essentially half the locker room to himself and big comfy recliner chairs out of the hope he wouldn't bitch and complain. He had a regimen that would help save him from injuries. Hard work and vitamins? No, no that hardly comes into it, he was talking about steroids, giving cute little nick names like "the cream", "the clear", and "red beans".

What a movie this will make! I don't mean Up For Grabs either...

Yep, i love Baseball movies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back