Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

If any of yous have a preference, which is it: . Tins or bottles? why?

Tins, actually. Lighter, less bulky, travel easy, less likelihood of the beer going off due to light exposure. Particularly good if you are flying and want to take beer home with you.

garage-project-hapi-daze-pacific-pale-ale-330ml-can-350px-350px.jpg

Had this on the weekend, NZ pumping out some awesome beers of late. For those of you that live North side of Melbourne, get on over to Carwyn Cellars in Thornbury. Around 18 beers or so on tap.

I've had a crack at quite a few Aussie beers since I've been back, and aside from my old faves, the only new ones I've really been impressed with have been the Hawthorn Australian Pale Ale, the Moon Dog Ice Cream beers, and surprisingly, the Yenda Hell double lager. I haven't had too many I'd call awful, bu most of them have been drinkable and not much more.

As are most imported beers, unfortunately. If you're after some good local beers have a crack at any of the Dainton Family Brewing beers, the bottled ones are a Lager, IPA and a Rye.
Had the Dainton sinister sister on the weekend and it was a very nice session beer. Got it from beer mash in Collingwood. That is a fine retail outlet isn't it!!
Also had some red hill scotch ale which is one of my favourites. Haven't tried any others from them but will do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a few decent beers on the weekend at a bucks which started at the Brunswick bowls. 2 birds make a nice amber ale and their Taco beer goes very well.
Haven't tried the Taco Beer yet, what does it actually taste like?

This was awesome! A sour ale that's the perfect Sunday afternoon in the sun beer.
GetImage.ashx

Talking alcohol percentage on beer is pretty fussy I reckon. Like English cans of beer can taste great around 3 percent, and Coopers vintage is nearly 8 percent. But it doesn't matter, you can't really get drunk off beer on it's own anyway, just bloated if you drink too much.

Ha? 3 beers and I'm feeling it

Stone & wood has a bit of mango about it and it's more of a novelty beer than a real beer, to me.
I am though surprised that the novelty hasn't worn off for many, quite yet.

I miss my Ballast Point Sculpin though..

Just spent a week drinking $4US pints of Sculpin.

It is a big shame we get Big Eye instead - I can't stand that beer.

The Big Eye is alright. It just isn't Sculpin.

In other news, my missus returns from the US on Thursday with Sculpin, Grapefruit Sculpin, Pineapple Sculpin and Habenero Sculpin.

She also got me a peppermint Victory At Sea as far as Ballast Point goes.

I'm about to have a crack at some 2 and a half year old Crownies I found earlier. I think they'd been hiding in the back of a cupboard or beer fridge, so they might be alright. I drank an 8 yo VB stubby that had been sitting in a mates beer fridge a few years back, and it was the only decent VB I've ever had lol.

Will report findings later when I take the plunge.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back