Favourite biscuits?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have a crack at the Choc Milk Bars I recently discovered at Aldi. There are nine to a packet too, so you'll only need a Tim Tam to complete the "or 10" option.
I'm going to purchase some of these Horace, May god have mercy on your soul if they are terrible.

Will have to add it to the trolley stealthily though because mrs brett33 will remind me I've got a few packets of freddo biscuits in the pantry.

I'm going to purchase some of these Horace, May god have mercy on your soul if they are terrible.

Will have to add it to the trolley stealthily though because mrs brett33 will remind me I've got a few packets of freddo biscuits in the pantry.
Still under the thumb Brett?

I wear the pants in my house. :cool:

Unfortunately my wife tells me which ones to wear :oops:

You won't regret if Brett33. And if Mrs. Brett 33 catches you buying them, then just say you were doing so under the strong recommendation of someone who may well be your grandfather.

Because of this thread I ended up picking up a pack of Monte Carlos, a Pack of Kingstons and a pack of Whitewings White Choc Chunk cookies when I walked through that isle.

Bastards.

Because of this thread I ended up picking up a pack of Monte Carlos, a Pack of Kingstons and a pack of Whitewings White Choc Chunk cookies when I walked through that isle.

Bastards.
I loaded up on those a few weeks back when they were half price. chunk cookies and brownies as far as the eye could see. My cardio workouts have had to increase because of this thread.Cheers fellas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

upload_2014-11-9_15-33-54.png

Initial thoughts:

Like the cardboard box they come in. Paper wrapping gives it a classy feel. So far so good.

Size:

Good size. Could have 1 and be content. 9 in a box

First bite:

Nice texture. Quality chocolate. Bit apprehensive at first because I always expect that cheap imitation chocolate after taste. It didn't come. Biscuit is nice and all three tie together well. Has a familiar taste. After a quick ponder I remember what I've had that tastes very similar...

horace choc 2.jpg cad-dmgoldenbisc4.jpg

Could you polish off a whole box in one sitting?

you sure could.

Overall:
thumbs-up-o.gif

Get on down to Aldi and buy some. You won't regret it. Horace...survives!

Still can't wrap my head around Kingston's in a fridge.

You've got to try it DP. You will not look back. Kingstons in the fridge, fantastic.

Giving it a crack. Once theyre open dont the biscuits go soggy though?

Leave the biscuits in the fridge once opened and they will not go soggy. I got this habit off a friend of mine. I can't eat a Kingston now unless they've been in the fridge.

Leave the biscuits in the fridge once opened and they will not go soggy. I got this habit off a friend of mine. I can't eat a Kingston now unless they've been in the fridge.
May I ask what it is that the fridge does that makes the difference? I'm guessing it makes the cream snap

May I ask what it is that the fridge does that makes the difference? I'm guessing it makes the cream snap

The biscuit outside hardens, so they are crunchy.

View attachment 91463

Initial thoughts:

Like the cardboard box they come in. Paper wrapping gives it a classy feel. So far so good.

Size:

Good size. Could have 1 and be content. 9 in a box

First bite:

Nice texture. Quality chocolate. Bit apprehensive at first because I always expect that cheap imitation chocolate after taste. It didn't come. Biscuit is nice and all three tie together well. Has a familiar taste. After a quick ponder I remember what I've had that tastes very similar...

View attachment 91464 View attachment 91465

Could you polish off a whole box in one sitting?

you sure could.

Overall:
thumbs-up-o.gif

Get on down to Aldi and buy some. You won't regret it. Horace...survives!

Excellent work Brett33.

Ginger Nut Snaps are the Bomb for morning tea/

Black tea, two sugars and five snaps, ahhhhh bliss.

Jam Filled Cookies, something we had in Army Ration Packs in the 90's. * me, but those and hot tea with condensed milk for breakfast, what a way to start the day after 3 mosquito filled hours of non-sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back