Favourite Eagle, Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Pound-for-pound, probably the toughest player we've ever had. Weighed less than his footy shorts but threw himself into contests with complete disregard for his own safety. Retired at 28 because the body shut up shop.

Watch the 92 GF closely and I have him only just behind Matera in terms of influence on that game.

I have him ahead, in terms of influence The Don't Argue . Tipping the ball up at CHF late in the second, a couple of times in a few minutes, wasn't it? Completely changed the momentum of that game. Matera finished it all off and I loved Matera, but when it was time to get down and dirty, no one got dirtier. :footy::footy::footy:

71499199-daniel-kerr-of-the-eagles-flies-for-a-mark-gettyimages.jpg

Every day of the ******* week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Cousins
2) Wirra
3) Jason Ball
In my opinion Jason Ball never set the world on fire whilst playing for the Eagles, but when he moved to the Sydney Swans and played mainly in the ruck I thought his football improved in leaps and bounds. The Eagles mainly played him in the forward line with occasional stints in the ruck from memory?

Woosh - The bloke was deadest nuts used to pick out the biggest ugliest bastard in the opposition and destroy them. Jogged off the ground with an ACL, sat Brereton on his arse, ruined Modra with a back in flight spoil that I doubt the MRP could even fault today. The baddest dog of them all and a deadset LEGEND.

Tough question, like asking who your favourite pr0n star is, too many greats to name one.

Love watching Naitanui now days, his attack on the ball after the first hit is something no one else even comes close too. My brother has had a massive man crush on Shuey for a long time, so enjoy giving him crap about that, but think he is up there as one of my current favourites.

Really liked Wirrpanda, not only great on the field, both down back and up forward had great skills and ability to read the play, but have great respect for the work he is trying to do off field.

As a kid I remember liking Tony Evans, can't remember why, but I know it was Sumich and Matera kicked 6 and 5 goals in 92 and then I think Evans and Wilson kicked the rest.

Also like cheering for the guys that everyone else in the crowd is bitching and moaning about, so found myself cheering for both Darling and Masten a lot the last few years

Woosh - The bloke was deadest nuts used to pick out the biggest ugliest bastard in the opposition and destroy them. Jogged off the ground with an ACL, sat Brereton on his arse, ruined Modra with a back in flight spoil that I doubt the MRP could even fault today. The baddest dog of them all and a deadset LEGEND.
This...his shirtfronts were usually so ******* clean many would still be absolutely legal today (though fewer players want to risk it, so we don't see it so much).

One of my favourites for what he stood for in those early days - absolutely pivotal in our early history.

Only problem I have with Woosh was how the hell the drug culture went so far under his nose for a good few years. From his statements, he was unaware of how bad it was. He's a pharmacist, and looked these guys in the eye almost every day.

Edit: some of you have got me watching the '92 grand final again - Langdon's direct assists to 2 of Evans' goals were remarkable. Should start a thread on that - rating the players from the first flag...has it been done several times?

Last edited:
I just put all mine into the 1 basket now.

Matera/Evans/Cuz/Kerr/Judd/Sheed

Should start a thread on that - rating the players from the first flag...has it been done several times?

Dunno, but how about ranking all premiership players? There's 47 from the 3 flags.

Armstrong, Ball, Banfield, Bond, Braun, Brennan, Butler, Chick, Cousins, Cox, Embley, Evans, Fletcher, Glass, Hansen, Harding, Hart, Heady, Hunter, Hynes, Jakovich, B.Jones, R.Jones, Judd, Kemp, Kerr, Lamb, Langdon, Lewis, Lynch, Mainwaring, Matera, McIntosh, McKenna, Pyke, Seaby, Selwood, Stenglein, Sumich, Turley, Turnbull, Waterman, Waters, White, Wilson, Wirrpanda, Worsfold.

GO!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back