Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 21, 2007
home or work
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi all,

Just been thinking whilst we are in the off season I thought we could have some fun topics to discuss & find out abit more about our fellow posters & Bomber supporters outside of just general Essendon talk!!

I will maybe start off with just 1 a fortnight or so until we start hitting mid pre season where our full attention needs to be put back into team / players / & general football discussion!

This will be designed for more informative, honest & constructive discussions where no one needs to be attacked for their answers! (Including me for starting these threads :D)....

Ok so as the heading says we'll start off with What's your favourite FOOTBALL position? (Yes just to reiterate I said FOOTBALL :D;))! So if you currently play football or have retired or never played the game but still love it no matter what then what position do or would you play?

I still currently play, & for most of my career I have played Midfield changing Half Forward untill recently in the last 2 years I have played majority off the Half Back Flank & am disappointed I didn't make the switch earlier in my career!

So I'm a Half Back Flanker.... What are you?

(Ps the starting posts will be much shorter in future now that you have the idea! To have fun :thumbsu:)

school: back 4kn pocket hard az *ing nalez
Club: fwd/mid scrub inconsistent any tips

Haven't played competitively for seven years, but I generally alternated between BP and HBF, with occcasional stints on the wing.

You striked me as a forward.

Mainly because I think you look slightly similar to Le Cras

You striked me as a forward.

Mainly because I think you look slightly similar to Le Cras
Nah, always been the dogged defensive sort of player. Hardly ever played forward.

When I was about 12-13 I sometimes played ruck as, at that point, I was tall for my age but then I stopped growing early and people caught up to me in height.

Retired after only 60 junior games?? Girls became more of an interest at that age? :D

I had a choice between giving up one of Taekwondo, Basketball and Football, I couldn't sustain all 3. I chose to play Basketball because I was better at it and my team was better than my footy team. I chose Taekwondo because that was the one I was most talented at.

never played any senior footy, but I was a FF in my junior years, then i got old.

being bigger than all of the other kids at the time helped immensely, as it did with soccer, which was primarily my game though

I had a choice between giving up one of Taekwondo, Basketball and Football, I couldn't sustain all 3. I chose to play Basketball because I was better at it and my team was better than my footy team. I chose Taekwondo because that was the one I was most talented at.
Ok cool so we know not to argue with you over a game of Basketball or you'll kick our ass!:D;)

I predominately played ruck which I enjoyed (to pump up my own tyres was a decent tap ruckman but couldn't jump after shredding my ankle at about 25)
but enjoyed playing CHB more (just didn't get the opportunity as much as I would've liked).

Player amateurs during the mid/late 90s through to when I retired in 2006 CHB was the easiest position on the ground I reckon. Let your opponent lead you to the ball. If you are certain you can mark it, then mark it. If you can't mark it, spoil. If you can't spoil, chop their arms or pretend spoil, in all reality hitting or elbowing them in the back of the head. If the opportunity presents run off and set up play down field (wasn't so much of an expectation back then, but you'd look a million dollars if you did).

In juniors I was a jack of all trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really appreciate the fact there is a benchwarmer option. I would have to be that, but when the bench got too hot, i sometimes managed to head out to the back pocket. Wasn't good enough for full back. Haha :(

I really appreciate the fact there is a benchwarmer option. I would have to be that, but when the bench got too hot, i sometimes managed to head out to the back pocket. Wasn't good enough for full back. Haha :(
The footy field accommodates all kinds of abilities! That's the beauty of our great game.... :D

i was in the unfortunate position of being able to play anywhere which kind of made it difficult to settle anywhere. I played ruck, wing, hbf and marking fwd mostly but as i got older i settled in the easiest position there is, loose man in defence just floating in and intercept marking! if anyone wants an easy gig, go for that one :p

Back