Favourite Gerrard moments

Remove this Banner Ad

With the benefit of hindsight I like the post match celebrations after our match at Anfield more than the slip.

The excaggerated euphoria, the tears, the waiting for the TV cameras before he gives his private team pep talk, the "this does not slip" comment, the absolute certainty in his heart and mind that he had finally won "his" prize.

Its a thing of beauty.

With the benefit of hindsight I like the post match celebrations after our match at Anfield more than the slip.

The excaggerated euphoria, the tears, the waiting for the TV cameras before he gives his private team pep talk, the "this does not slip" comment, the absolute certainty in his heart and mind that he had finally won "his" prize.

Its a thing of beauty.
Especially when you compare it to how Kompany acted, he was just calm and collected.

As soon as paddy power placed that moyes statue it went all pear shaped.

Its a thing of beauty.

Pffft haha what a pathetic post. Would you like some sauce for that chip on your shoulder? Sky 4 this, preferential treatment that. Please.

The guy has achieved about as much in his career as your club has in its entire history. The tears? It was the 25 year anniversary of Hillsborough and his cousin's death, and finally after so many missed chances over the course of his 16 year career we were within touching distance of the one bit of silverware that had eluded the club that means so much to him for so long, I think he can be excused for showing a bit of emotion. Absolute certainty that we had it in the bag? I'm sure you'd like it to have been otherwise as you've brought it up on numerous occasions, but I believe his exact words post match were "nothing's ours yet".

Mods this thread is going nowhere fast. Might I suggest you shift it to the Terrace where it belongs. Jatz chef

What's with all these new s**t Chelsea posters?

Funny seeing them troll this board all over the place lately with some manure posters, two sets of supporters that were as rare as a Tassie Tiger when Gerrard had his slip.

Pffft haha what a pathetic post. Would you like some sauce for that chip on your shoulder? Sky 4 this, preferential treatment that. Please.

The guy has achieved about as much in his career as your club has in its entire history. The tears? It was the 25 year anniversary of Hillsborough and his cousin's death, and finally after so many missed chances over the course of his 16 year career we were within touching distance of the one bit of silverware that had eluded the club that means so much to him for so long, I think he can be excused for showing a bit of emotion. Absolute certainty that we had it in the bag? I'm sure you'd like it to have been otherwise as you've brought it up on numerous occasions, but I believe his exact words post match were "nothing's ours yet".

I don't expect it to be your favourite Gerrard memory. But it is mine. So I'm afraid you're just going to have to dry your tears, and suck it up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerrard's last minute wonder strike against West Ham in the 06 FA Cup final. Or his leadership of the team as he dragged them back into contention in the UCL final of 05.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back