Favourite hidden moments of the Grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

My 5 year old son came up before I did the number and asked "Is Tim O'Brien playing in the Grand Final today?". I had to tell him he was playing for the little hawks that we saw last week in the little hawks grand final.

WiYYII_JfwcL9h1FYwU__Fb7tgJPNiaoST4DQS0vTw0.jpg

Hands down my fav moment of the 2014 GF was back in the 2013
Prelim against Geelong when we were 20 puts down entering the final term and Tom 'special comments' Harley says 'their reputation is really on the line now the Hawks'... Enter B2B.

Yep, the great "special" comments man Tom Harley was:

1. Copying a line by Dennis Commetti earlier in the game;
2. Setting us up for the end of the game when he would say we were failures.

Tom can continue sucking on a lemon.

Not a favourite, but a hidden moment in the GF.....

With 2:20 left in the 3rd Goodes slides in legs first before tackling Gunston to the ground.

No injury sustained, but that tosser just doesn't learn.
Now, my friend, as much as I like engaging in some Goodes nose-rubbing, I've just watched that little bit about 6 times, and I feel that on this occasion, (only this occasion), Mr Goodes has no case to answer.

Are you sure about this one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, my friend, as much as I like engaging in some Goodes nose-rubbing, I've just watched that little bit about 6 times, and I feel that on this occasion, (only this occasion), Mr Goodes has no case to answer.

Are you sure about this one?
From the angle it's hard to see, but he definitely leads with the legs but doesn't seem to make contact.

That, to me, showed the depth of feeling the young guy felt. Obviously knows the place in history he and his team mates have carved. Deeply motivated. Love the guy.
I'm a bit dopey through lack of sleep and on first glance thought this post was referring to the Rampe smoking and drinking photo. And on second glance I still reckon it's apt.

Watching the replay again with SEN commentary

After the Hodge intercept goal

Huddo 'Even in their worst nightmares waking up at 3am they wouldn't have imagined this' about $wans players. Love it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back