Sim Feature Requests, Suggestions & Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: (sim development) Things people would like to see

Yes don't put commas, i knew there was a special symbol thingy but didn't have a clue what, just thought i'd highlight it though so we all knew what i was on about, mobbs did anyway and that is the important thing :thumbsu:

There are a few illegal characters that shouldn't be used with comments.

One is definitely the comma, as the game will read each side of the comma as two separate comments.

Goldspink bounces the ball, {player} wins the tap

would be interpreted as two comments:
Goldspink bounces the ball
{player} wins the tap

There are three 'variables' in comments :
- the current player
- the current player's opponent
- the current player's goal tally
(they look like little squares with the numbers 0001, 0002 & 0003 here while I add this post, not sure how they'll appear when I submit it. Edit: they still look like that)

In a text file, they appear as identical empty little boxes or squares, so you need to be careful not to get them mixed up.

In the program's Comment addition/editing function, they are represented by something clearer (can't remember what).

Add ump names? Depends. Dynamically would be possible but tough, and require updating regularly. Statically, though, yeah, just add them to the commentary files.

Add comments : Just use the Comments Menu > Add to add your own comments.
(alternatively, you can open the comment files, add your own, just copy the right boxes so the right players get used, and always remember to alter the number at the top, if the number of comments gets changed)

We used Suzi as our goal umpire a few seasons back.

Made loads of shocking calls. :eek:

Ohhhh... voice dubbovers. Steal the SNES AFL 91 "Out. On. The. Full" and add "Gone. Missing. Number. 25" or "Running. Hot. Number. 17" or something to the effect. :p
Used to have the whole thing transfer into text-to-speech, long gone as the program stopped working when Windows appeared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like to post that Footylulz FC is another Fantasy Footy League using Qooty (Can't find the thread of all the leagues so far)

Great software :thumbsu:

Is Footylulz FC the first club to introduce Footy Cards aswell?

Re: Things people would like to see

A few things:
+A forum friendly commentary file, with the scores, internchanges and end of quarters in different colours? I just find it's a lot more inviting to read the whole thing if it isn't just a wall of black, regular text.
+Maybe also assigning each team a colour? So taht when teams and things are put up it's not just pink and green or whatever it is currently. This would probably be much harder.
+Bounces and throw-ins around the ground. This is probably the most notably different thing between the structure of the real game and qooty. This, I'd imagine, would require a heap of work.
+Possibly make it more user firendly by generating the forum-friendly stats automatically?
+When doing transfers, after selecting one player to swap, have visible on the screen somewhere "Tony Lockett - FF swapping with..." because for someone with a memory as terrible as mine, it's really easy to swap Tony Lockett with Tony Lockett.

Re: Things people would like to see

A few things:
+A forum friendly commentary file, with the scores, internchanges and end of quarters in different colours? I just find it's a lot more inviting to read
+Possibly make it more user firendly by generating the forum-friendly stats automatically?

These for sure, whenever you get the time.

+When doing transfers, after selecting one player to swap, have visible on the screen somewhere "Tony Lockett - FF swapping with..." because for someone with a memory as terrible as mine, it's really easy to swap Tony Lockett with Tony Lockett.

I'd like to see this in the commentary as well, I find it really easy to lose track of where players have been moved to. (with interchanges, in game position swaps)

Whilst I like the idea of different teams with different colours, I just think the difficulty of doing it outweighs the rewards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back