February Daily Punt - Summer rubbish almost over

Remove this Banner Ad

wasn't it on Sky Channel 2 though?

If Sky has a contractual obligation to show Racing NSW or Racing Qld on Sky 1 at designated start time, but not Victoria then they are probably in the right.

Simply put both are fighting the issue with their inflated egos.

If sky's contract says they must give first preference to country NSW and country QLD over metro VIC the situation is laughable.

Would have no issue if they were showing other states metro meets when a clash was on but to show Dalby and Sapphire Coast in preference to Caulfield is unacceptable.

Sky have shown time and time again they are a petulant child of an organization when they don't get their way.

wasn't it on Sky Channel 2 though?

If Sky has a contractual obligation to show Racing NSW or Racing Qld on Sky 1 at designated start time, but not Victoria then they are probably in the right.

Simply put both are fighting the issue with their inflated egos.
There was $500000 in The pool for Caulfield there would have been $40000 max in the pool for Sapphire Coast. They had the sound for Sapphire Coast until the race was over. Sky Channel got the rights to show vic racing again after the uproar from punters after Channel 78 was created so no contractual obligation.

Sky channel and the Tab have it in there heads that they want to control gaming and racing by using enforcer tactics and pushing all this ridiculous wall to wall racing they think punters want, purely because they think it will boost their profit and increase turnover. I say it has the opposite effect. If I cannot see my race I won't bet. They don't give a rats arse about any form of racing.

Thank god channel 78 was formed, good on racing Victoria is trying the 30 min breaks between races, I might even go if they keep doing it. If I was RV I would program 30 min races every day to * Sky chAnnel around. They will have to conform eventually.

And if I have to listen to that moron Dave Stanley tell marto that the smart money has come for a horse the place again , or that "if you got those odds about blah blah blah you are laughing " only to see it run tenth after having every chance ,I am throw something at the screen. These dickheads lead the stupid punters astray with no accountability .whAtsoever. They should have someone keep statistics on their tips/pushes to keep them accountable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

morning all what everyone like today im keen on
MUDGEE R 5 # 5 Zodiac Blues & SAPPHIRE COAST R 7 # 2 O'Reilly's Revenge
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

It's just Sky's petty way of saying if you don't work within the schedule we want we'll bump you to Sky 2 at any remote possibility of a clash. The order of preference is meant to be Aus races over International and highest Aus pool on Sky 1.

Viewers should be pissed off. Sky have the choice to put whatever race they want on 1 and because they don't like what RV have done they're acting like brats. They're hurting their own brand and product.

It's just Sky's petty way of saying if you don't work within the schedule we want we'll bump you to Sky 2 at any remote possibility of a clash. The order of preference is meant to be Aus races over International and highest Aus pool on Sky 1.

Viewers should be pissed off. Sky have the choice to put whatever race they want on 1 and because they don't like what RV have done they're acting like brats. They're hurting their own brand and product.
It's pretty hard to hurt when it's abysmal already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the funny part.

Sky are deluded if they think Joe Punter is sitting there at his local blaming RVL for their scheduling. Instead they're screaming at Sky for showing them loading the barriers at Dalby over Caulfield's race.

Race 1 Caulfield doomben clashed, they showed doomben. Finished watching Caulfield flicked over to see result of Doomben. Still loading... Had time to hear about market mover and brassels opinion about how the track may play. what enjoyment.Had the chance to play both but nope.

Geez that last winner got out to a nice price with his Magicus form. #didntback

Just nutting out my quad now, so if you're looking for the winning combos stay tuned :drunk:

Found it hard to really narrow down any leg, feature looked a bit tricky with the small field. Faves don't necessarily look good things though, so I've thrown in some picks on spec. Good luck campaigners.

1,4,5,6 / 1,3,4,6,7 / 1,2,3,8,9 / 1,5,10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kent/ Berriman couldn't get it done with two mirror rides in 24 hours. Think he probably regrets using with 4 deep area around the back instead of sitting outside the leader there....

Sale getting bumped to 2 for Bathurst trots is mildly amusing

Caulfield getting bumped yesterday for Dalby was even better

I like it, im not a fan of racing Vic trying to do their own thing with this 30mins between races and Sky obviously wont do them any favours after the vision broadcast contract cluster ****

Interesting that Timeform now have Extreme Choice rated ahead of Capitalist after Saturdays win.

What did it rate? Was 1lb p behind it pre-race.

Edit found it, they put up the table update before the article this time. Nothing too noticeable improvement wise, I'd worry about a match at 1200 between the two though.

Last edited:
Jug. With all respect. If you think this is an acceptable move from Sky over the last 2 days you are a ****.

So you think other clubs should suffer because Racing Victoria insist on doing their own thing and making a mess of scheduling? Saturdays in particular are jam packed with all states holding major meetings, you cant just let one state do what they want and leave the rest to suffer for it.

Im fine with what Sky are doing

So you think other clubs should suffer because Racing Victoria insist on doing their own thing and making a mess of scheduling? Saturdays in particular are jam packed with all states holding major meetings, you cant just let one state do what they want and leave the rest to suffer for it.

Im fine with what Sky are doing

I'd be fine if they were clashing with other city metro meetings.

But to give preference to country meetings with small holdings is absolutely pathetic and petulant.

Half the time there wasn't even a clash and they were showing horses in the barrier while they ran at Caulfield.

Regardless of how you think Racing Victoria has enacted this, Sky's actions are unacceptable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back