FEBRUARY Daily Punt....

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't think its a moral, if it comes down He's your Man is bloody good value @ the 13's
If he comes, yes.

Contributer will beat them all!
Maybe, is he gonna hold his form? Didn't like the way he carried his head on the side, think stablemate has his measure. It's Somewhat might be even better again...

Maybe, is he gonna hold his form? Didn't like the way he carried his head on the side, think stablemate has his measure. It's Somewhat might be even better again...

I'd back Contributer one more time at 2000m - especially how they are run at that distance in Oz after that Hartnell's stamina should become the deciding factor

I'd back Contributer one more time at 2000m - especially how they are run at that distance in Oz after that Hartnell's stamina should become the deciding factor
On current form you'd find it hard to beat, any chance of running into Adelaide? if so whats its first up form like?

Contributer was ridden as the best thing in the race. Went forward a long way out and ground out a win. I also wasn't happy with the tendency to want to lay in so early but he still got through the line better than most just didn't have the zip. second up over a mile probably points to wanting a bit more ground sooner rather than later. As for it's somewhat Macdonald laughed off suggestions it's anywhere near Contributer over a middle distance. Hartnell does interest me though. Probably would lean towards Contributer if they don't get separated for their next few starts.

Last edited:
On current form you'd find it hard to beat, any chance of running into Adelaide? if so whats its first up form like?
2 starts for a win and 2nd, but AOB trains them differently to Waller. He trialled like a camel couple of weeks ago, looked better in exhibition gallop today but what can you tell from that??

IMO unless they're certain he's going to win another G1 this prep, he won't run again. "Done tendon..." and off to stud.

2 starts for a win and 2nd, but AOB trains them differently to Waller. He trialled like a camel couple of weeks ago, looked better in exhibition gallop today but what can you tell from that??

IMO unless they're certain he's going to win another G1 this prep, he won't run again. "Done tendon..." and off to stud.

Yeah he is so lightly raced and been trained in the European style so far so basically just guess work how he will appear first up.

I still stand by my comments of last week with Protectionist being capable of beating them at 1800M but he was very disappointing in the end, no surprises to see him heavily backed to win it but never in it, even his late sectionals were only mediocre, according to Deane Lester he was a mess in the yard so not sure he has come up.

Can still win the Australia Cup but I couldn't back him to win it, want to see him again before writing him off for the Autumn.

Pride of Dubai might be a nice horse in the future but has to be one of the worst blue Diamonds in recent memory, the fillies gutted themselves 2 weeks prior and flopped whilst Fontiton was clearly not right (bone chips) when she was there to win and gave nothing, I'd be prepared to sack the form going forward in the short term.

Contributer good again, he was dynamic first up and likely to dip 2nd up which he did but still good enough to win, expect him to springboard off that and be hard to beat in anything he contests, those that look capable of beating him being the stablemates I'ts Somewhat ($13 last week was juicy given overseas figures) and Hartnell who was exceptional first up in Australia, I hope he comes to Melbourne for the Australia Cup as I think he could blow them away with the Cleaner ensuring a fast run 2000M race.

Exosphere was also very good, can win the Slipper in my opinion given it is a very moderate bunch of 2yos that we have seen to date, he looks a potential star 3yo given his size and scope.

This week looks very tough for mine, nothing that really stands out, few spec bets here and there but very difficult to be overly excited about anything running this week.

I still stand by my comments of last week with Protectionist being capable of beating them at 1800M but he was very disappointing in the end, no surprises to see him heavily backed to win it but never in it, even his late sectionals were only mediocre, according to Deane Lester he was a mess in the yard so not sure he has come up.

Can still win the Australia Cup but I couldn't back him to win it, want to see him again before writing him off for the Autumn.

Pride of Dubai might be a nice horse in the future but has to be one of the worst blue Diamonds in recent memory, the fillies gutted themselves 2 weeks prior and flopped whilst Fontiton was clearly not right (bone chips) when she was there to win and gave nothing, I'd be prepared to sack the form going forward in the short term.

Contributer good again, he was dynamic first up and likely to dip 2nd up which he did but still good enough to win, expect him to springboard off that and be hard to beat in anything he contests, those that look capable of beating him being the stablemates I'ts Somewhat ($13 last week was juicy given overseas figures) and Hartnell who was exceptional first up in Australia, I hope he comes to Melbourne for the Australia Cup as I think he could blow them away with the Cleaner ensuring a fast run 2000M race.

Exosphere was also very good, can win the Slipper in my opinion given it is a very moderate bunch of 2yos that we have seen to date, he looks a potential star 3yo given his size and scope.

This week looks very tough for mine, nothing that really stands out, few spec bets here and there but very difficult to be overly excited about anything running this week.

Re Protectionist - I do recall a few sweating up in the yard a bit before the race, but it's very hard to go back there again this autumn under 2400m. Also just on Hartnell and his mapping in the AC before coming here he performed best leading. Training method changing, track changes, first up etc make it hard but he may well sit much closer next week. Just another random fact it was interesting a few years ago talking to some stud masters both in WA and NSW said this crop coming through right now (2yo's) was the one most impacted by the GFC. Mare returns were well down and to this point in time apart from Headwater, Exosphere and Fontiton I haven't seen anything to disregard that. Not that it will effect punting greatly, but it's just an interesting fact I wanted to take note of in the WFA season to come.

Re Protectionist - I do recall a few sweating up in the yard a bit before the race, but it's very hard to go back there again this autumn under 2400m. Also just on Hartnell and his mapping in the AC before coming here he performed best leading. Training method changing, track changes, first up etc make it hard but he may well sit much closer next week. Just another random fact it was interesting a few years ago talking to some stud masters both in WA and NSW said this crop coming through right now (2yo's) was the one most impacted by the GFC. Mare returns were well down and to this point in time apart from Headwater, Exosphere and Fontiton I haven't seen anything to disregard that. Not that it will effect punting greatly, but it's just an interesting fact I wanted to take note of in the WFA season to come.

Not sure whether Dean was referring to him sweating or appearing as though he was there to run poorly, either way he was not keen on him in the yard with the other horse on the day he was critical of in the parade ring being Dissident, not surprisingly both horses were below their best.

Interesting comments regarding the 2yo's, wouldn't be surprising at all given the lack of quality performance to date.

Headwater was very impressive visually the other day but the performance lacked substance from my point of view, wanting to see him produce tomorrow before I get carried away.

I guess right now, we can only wait for what he will be doing tomorrow. I'm sure it will be his best though.
1.gif

Classic dwayn!!

Headwater, classic case of being overrated based on being visually impressive, his win the other day was very underwhelming from a ratings point of view and despite being wide (on what appeared a slow pace) I think the brief bubble has burst.

Vancouver hasn't rated all that well to date but there is something about him, he looks the type that will keep rising to the level that is required much like Pierro did who continued to get better and better with every run until he became the super colt he was.

Can't wait to look at the numbers for Vancouver off that, ran 1 second quicker than the fillies, might finally have a performance of some real substance to go with Exosphere's performance last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back