1. Why?

2. It isn't a 'constellation'...
And so what?
Total non sequitur.
"How can I be sexist, I love my mum!"
"How can he be sexist, he has a sister"

3. You've completely lost the plot...

1. Why not?

2. Ah-so....Consolation....Freudian slip.

Your also obviously not a twin & therefore no authority on the psychic mechanisms in play of being one....Becoming manifest in the womb with 'the other' entails the sharing of dreams & a deeper grounding/ knowledge & perspective of 'the other'. Up until we were 12 we went everywhere & did everything together...Please don't expose your complete & utter ignorance.

3. That makes 2 of us then.

1. Why not?
Pathetic...

2. Ah-so....Consolation....Freudian slip.
... jesus...

Your also obviously not a twin & therefore no authority on the psychic mechanisms in play of being one....Becoming manifest in the womb with 'the other' entails the sharing of dreams & a deeper grounding/ knowledge & perspective of 'the other'. Up until we were 12 we went everywhere & did everything together...Please don't expose your complete & utter ignorance.
Only till you were 12? I guess it's different to being an identical twin then...

'Psychic mechanisms' lel
You're*

3. That makes 2 of us then.
No... you just compared the constitution with your mother's uterus...

1. Pathetic...
2.... jesus...
3. 'Psychic mechanisms' lel
4. No... you just compared the constitution with your mother's uterus...

Ah yes...The old descent into parody/mock-derision as a defensive mechanism.

1. How so?....Please enlighten us all as to the length & breadth of your feminist knowledge....It was a sub-major of mine at Uni so I'll await your gleaming breadth with baited breath.

2. I prefer the holy trinity Jesus/Joseph & Mary

3. Once again....Complete blind ignorance.

4. In a context....As in sharing/partaking thereof....Thought you might appreciate the metaphor, but clearly it's lost on a petty mind, only interested in points-scoring & ad hominen.

Your lack of magnanimity bespeaks volumes & yet you put up a pretense as an advocate & defender of feminism....Let me guess....All a rouse merely designed to get in good with the ladies & maybe get laid!:rolleyes:

Ah yes...The old descent into parody/mock-derision as a defensive mechanism.

1. How so?....Please enlighten us all as to the length & breadth of your feminist knowledge....It was a sub-major of mine at Uni so I'll await your gleaming breadth with baited breath.
I've asked you several times why you think feminism was formed. You've not actually given an answer of any meaning...
I've answered you plenty.

Also, bullshit.

2. I prefer the holy trinity Jesus/Joseph & Mary
I'm sure you can see them when you look up into the sky, at the consolations...
3. Once again....Complete blind ignorance.
Was 'psychic mechanisms' another 'sub-major' of yours at UNI? :$

4. In a context....As in sharing/partaking thereof....Thought you might appreciate the metaphor, but clearly it's lost on a petty mind, only interested in points-scoring & ad hominen.
No, it was a ridiculous thing to say... Sharing the uterus with your twin sister... is a metaphor for how men and women are both protected under the constitution?
Imbecilic.

Your lack of magnanimity bespeaks volumes & yet you put up a pretense as an advocate & defender of feminism....Let me guess....All a rouse merely designed to get in good with the ladies & maybe get laid!:rolleyes:
'bespeaks volumes' lel

Yes... I'm trying to bring you back to planet Earth... to get in good with the ladies. Top work, scholar.

What do I need to be magnanimous for?
Another false dichotomy from you.
I'm magnanimous and truly believe in equality.
Or
I'm not magnanimous, and I'm just pretending, to get laid.

:$

I've asked you several times why you think feminism was formed. You've not actually given an answer of any meaning...
I've answered you plenty.

1. Also, bullshit.

2. Ranting & raving blah blah blah.

:$

1. No....you just randomly keep repeating 'equality' actually.:)

2. Looks like someone's lost the plot.:drunk:

It's way past your bedtime grass-hopper.:)
See, this is why knowing and understanding something is so much more important than using words you don't really understand to talk about topics you don't really understand.

Scratch the surface and you see that there is nothing underneath but hot air.

You're a balloon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/toplines_gender_0411122013.pdf

Less than a quarter of women and less than a fifth of men identify themselves as feminists. But when asked if men and women should have equal rights, a clear majority (more than 4/5ths) agree that they should. In other words, most people believe in equality but reject feminism. Doesn't that tell you something?

Most people consider the word "feminist" to be an insult. That's how badly feminists have done at getting their messages out. They've taken an issue that pretty much everyone agrees on, and turned it into a battleground (and not men vs women but a minority of extremists vs everybody else).

The majority of the major battles have already been won (getting women into the work force, getting them into education, etc), so modern feminists have just moved on to increasingly irrelevant battles.

This has put a lot of people off and will continue to drive people away. Things like supporting "free bleeding" or criticising "man-spreading" aren't going to help them.

CM86 , care to explain why you don't think vacuum cleaners and washing machines helped liberate women?

Have you ever spoken to an elderly lady about what those jobs were like in the 40s/50s?
CM86 doesn't need to, as there was no need for vacuum cleaners as few of us had carpet, and the good old coppers did most of the hard work and we had something called a wringer.

index.jpg
Maybe if you went back further?
You do with what you have at hand. Not sure of your point though.

Last edited:
CM86 , care to explain why you don't think vacuum cleaners and washing machines helped liberate women?

Have you ever spoken to an elderly lady about what those jobs were like in the 40s/50s?
Fairdinkum, Barry...
Expected better from you. A 'like' from lebbo should have raised alarm bells for you...

For the same reason that no one praises the baskets that the slaves were given to carry cotton in...

Making a subservient role easier, is not liberation...

Fairdinkum, Barry...
Expected better from you. A 'like' from lebbo should have raised alarm bells for you...

For the same reason that no one praises the baskets that the slaves were given to carry cotton in...

That's not what I was getting at.

Women largely stayed in the home because prior to the last 150 years or so, the majority of work was strenuous physical work that was far better suited to men. It wasn't so much a case of being subservient, but rather doing what worked best. Technological developments helped create jobs that women are equally capable of performing. Not only that, but new appliances such as microwaves and washing machines massively reduced the time it took to perform household duties. Jobs that might have taken a couple of hours all of a sudden take just 20-30 minutes.

Advancement in technology (and that includes household appliances) has helped increase the number of jobs women can perform while reducing the amount of time that needs to be spent on what you would call "subservient" jobs. Without modern technology, it was far more difficult to have both husband and wife go out and work, unless they were happy living in their own filth.

That's not what I was getting at.

Women largely stayed in the home because prior to the last 150 years or so, the majority of work was strenuous physical work that was far better suited to men. It wasn't so much a case of being subservient, but rather doing what worked best. Technological developments helped create jobs that women are equally capable of performing. Not only that, but new appliances such as microwaves and washing machines massively reduced the time it took to perform household duties. Jobs that might have taken a couple of hours all of a sudden take just 20-30 minutes.

Advancement in technology (and that includes household appliances) has helped increase the number of jobs women can perform while reducing the amount of time that needs to be spent on what you would call "subservient" jobs. Without modern technology, it was far more difficult to have both husband and wife go out and work, unless they were happy living in their own filth.
I know what you were and are getting at. And I'm trying to explain to you, that it didn't liberate women...

150 years ago, America still had slaves... lucky for us, we have come a long bloody way.

Discriminating and saying that a woman should be the housewife, but we will make it easier by giving them better tools... is not liberating...

If you wanted to get the most work out of your slaves, you wanted them reasonably healthy and strong... That doesn't mean they were being liberated.

Allowing women to learn maths, and receive an education... that is liberating...
Giving women equal rights, that is liberating.
Giving women tools to do a job that is considered beneath a man... that is not liberating.

I know what you were and are getting at. And I'm trying to explain to you, that it didn't liberate women...

150 years ago, America still had slaves... lucky for us, we have come a long bloody way.

Discriminating and saying that a woman should be the housewife, but we will make it easier by giving them better tools... is not liberating...

If you wanted to get the most work out of your slaves, you wanted them reasonably healthy and strong... That doesn't mean they were being liberated.

Allowing women to learn maths, and receive an education... that is liberating...
Giving women equal rights, that is liberating.
Giving women tools to do a job that is considered beneath a man... that is not liberating.

You're disagreeing with me because you have this idea in your head that housework is demeaning and oppressive. I don't think it is. It's a necessary job for anybody who doesn't want to live in a pig sty. Back then the options were do manual labour or do housework. They did what worked best.

Technology allowed this to change.

Fairdinkum, Barry...

A like from Maggie is enough to make anyone cringe. Especially with the dribble you post.

What is the general opinion among you of men striking back when women instigate fights? Surely even the most rusted on leftists would support what Whoopi says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back