Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is 100 per cent relevant :drunk:

As is your reaction to an article regarding true women's issues. It says everything about you.

Rather than comment on the hypocrisy of the idiots who buy these t-shirts who are supposed to be like you champions of the feminist cause you avoid that and try to link it to something completely different with your very own straw man.

As is your reaction to an article regarding true women's issues. It says everything about you.

Rather than comment on the hypocrisy of the idiots who buy these t-shirts who are supposed to be like you champions of the feminist cause you avoid that and try to link it to something completely different with your very own straw man.
:rolleyes:

Probs allready been posted i dont know, but Emma Watsons speech a few years ago left a permanent mark with me. She brought men and women into the discussion and gave example of how in equality affects everyone. Men and women can have a say, not just women. If your a dude or a sheila and you reckon feminism/inequality doesn't affect you then you need to look into the subject a bit more. Honestly almost just post Emma Watson speech/thread

Probs allready been posted i dont know, but Emma Watsons speech a few years ago left a permanent mark with me. She brought men and women into the discussion and gave example of how in equality affects everyone. Men and women can have a say, not just women. If your a dude or a sheila and you reckon feminism/inequality doesn't affect you then you need to look into the subject a bit more. Honestly almost just post Emma Watson speech/thread
Pics?

Do you think the daily mail (lol, so glad they tore themselves away from the latest Kimye drama) could have inquired who runs the factory, and put the focus on underpaying workers?

tumblr_l1upfcOXNL1qbn1vmo1_500.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They look like this in today's world of joining groups.

fb-like-thumb-150x92-6047-png.png

Saves on paper. Drove sales of laminating machines down big time though.
Reading that article, seems like it is just some people upset the people running the page didn't give them free range to spam them.

Reminds me of early BF when some people got upset we wouldn't let them post their own forum URLs in every board.

Storm in a teacup.

Reading that article, seems like it is just some people upset the people running the page didn't give them free range to spam them.

Reminds me of early BF when some people got upset we wouldn't let them post their own forum URLs in every board.

Storm in a teacup.

I don't see how they are spamming them?

Getting the word out about a group of people/issue that is being left out of a dialogue isn't spamming surely? Especially when these people are more vulnerable than any other group involved.

Spam is a negative term, I can't see what is negative about asking for support and awareness of something which they are supposed to be in full support of in the first place.

Can I suggest posting it to disability activism pages? That may be the best way to raise awareness.

I would have thought the best way to raise awareness it to promote it in places where the issue is not well known. A place like DTJ.

Perhaps it is a storm in a teacup. It does prove though that the war cry of all women doesn't actually mean all women.

I don't see how they are spamming them?

Getting the word out about a group of people/issue that is being left out of a dialogue isn't spamming surely? Especially when these people are more vulnerable than any other group involved.

Spam is a negative term, I can't see what is negative about asking for support and awareness of something which they are supposed to be in full support of in the first place.

I would have thought the best way to raise awareness it to promote it in places where the issue is not well known. A place like DTJ.

Perhaps it is a storm in a teacup. It does prove though that the war cry of all women doesn't actually mean all women.
Well, not sure any woman, or woman's group intends to speak for 'all women' do they? Surely its a more complex, more diverse world than that.

Obviously the end of the world for men's rights group

http://www.smh.com.au/national/hote...-post-to-clementine-ford-20151130-glc1y4.html

On the one hand everyone has the right to be treated with respect but I cant say I am completely comfortable with the outcome.
Yep, racist, sexist and offensive- all publicly. Not fussed if he is male or female, nor fussed by recipient's gender-the social network/online abuse needs curtailing. A good place would be to start with the owners of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc having better safeguards or controls in place to prevent so much abuse. People can disagree without resorting to such stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back