Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
But really, do you honestly think that women who voice an opposition to feminism hate women? That they hate themselves?

The message I get is that these are actually women without a victim mentality. Far more empowered than your feminists.
I'm not talking about all anti-feminists... I'm talking about you...

You hate women, and pretend you're just anti-feminism.

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Swan Districts
I'm not even an MRA.

Neither am I, for being part of the MRM involves the seeking of political solutions to issues. I'm politically neutral and do not involve myself in the political process. An example of this stance being that I've never voted in political elections at any level.

I support MGTOW philosophy, for it's a viable and far more effective solution to gender issues that doesn't seek to involve itself in politics.

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
Neither am I, for being part of the MRM involves the seeking of political solutions to issues. I'm politically neutral and do not involve myself in the political process. An example of this stance being that I've never voted in political elections at any level.

I support MGTOW philosophy, for it's a viable and far more effective solution to gender issues that doesn't seek to involve itself in politics.
What does your pretend wife think about your stance? And your pretend children? Surely you have had some by now - I assume that your following of thousands of year old, badly written, plagiarised texts would prevent contraception?

romeoh

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Feminists full stop
Did you actually listen to her points- they were not unreasonable e.g. consent matters, sex when you are both drunk can be problematic.
What is she doing that defines her as a 'feminist' in your view?

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Thanks for trying to keep this on topic by posting some Feminist Myths.

I think you will find that every scholarly analysis of wage movements in the last 30 years would unequivocally and without exception support that position but who needs empirical evidence when you have your fervent unshakeable belief

BTW here is an article that is on Salon today that explains a lot of the behaviour exhibited on this thread by the Very Angry Women haters and the super macho Mangina slaggers:

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/17/4_ways_mens_rights_activists_actually_hurt_men_partner/

I particularly like this one:

. They encourage men to become consumed with irrational jealousy. A lot of MRAs are devotees of a really strange, half-baked “evo psych” theory: Women are programmed to be attracted to “alpha” males who are callous and unwilling to commit to their mates. So women turn to “beta” males, pretending to love them in order to trick them into marriage. But the theory holds, these women still want to have babies with the alphas, so they either cheat on their beta mates or spend years sleeping with alphas and then, as their looks begin to fade, quickly grab a beta to exploit financially before the woman becomes too old to be marriageable.

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I think you will find that every scholarly analysis of wage movements in the last 30 years would unequivocally and without exception support that position but who needs empirical evidence when you have your fervent unshakeable belief
Show me one piece of evidence that a woman is paid less than a man for doing the same work - i.e. same job, same hours, same experience. The only place you will find that is in a small minority of high-powered corporate roles where salaries and bonuses are by negotiation.
Comparing the average wages of entire genders is completely meaningless.

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Show me one piece of evidence that a woman is paid less than a man for doing the same work - i.e. same job, same hours, same experience. The only place you will find that is in a small minority of high-powered corporate roles where salaries and bonuses are by negotiation.
Comparing the average wages of entire genders is completely meaningless.

Look at the last financial year ABS statistics - they are also behind by profession. They are also clustered in casual employment by a margin of 2 to 1 - but somehow that is equal - the argument you are proposing is a canard that is not supported by facts

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
BTW here is an article that is on Salon today that explains a lot of the behaviour exhibited on this thread by the Very Angry Women haters and the super macho Mangina slaggers:

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/17/4_ways_mens_rights_activists_actually_hurt_men_partner/

. They encourage men to become consumed with irrational jealousy. A lot of MRAs are devotees of a really strange, half-baked “evo psych” theory: Women are programmed to be attracted to “alpha” males who are callous and unwilling to commit to their mates. So women turn to “beta” males, pretending to love them in order to trick them into marriage. But the theory holds, these women still want to have babies with the alphas, so they either cheat on their beta mates or spend years sleeping with alphas and then, as their looks begin to fade, quickly grab a beta to exploit financially before the woman becomes too old to be marriageable.
Had to lol at this being the best example she could find of "misogynist rantings":
qH9YtXZ.jpg

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Look at the last financial year ABS statistics - they are also behind by profession. They are also clustered in casual employment by a margin of 2 to 1 - but somehow that is equal - the argument you are proposing is a canard that is not supported by facts
Profession statistics are meaningless.
Spread of casual employment has no relevance to women being paid less for the same job, hours, experience etc. How do you account for the fact that women choose casual employment as it suits their lifestyle?

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Salon is a feminist publication, so it's hardly objective, and you have the gall to have a go at my sources while citing this...

Did you actually listen to her points- they were not unreasonable e.g. consent matters, sex when you are both drunk can be problematic.
What is she doing that defines her as a 'feminist' in your view?

Lebbo73 not going to clarify which part you disagreed with?

Salon is a feminist publication, so it's hardly objective, and you have the gall to have a go at my sources while citing this...
And I believe there are Satanic rituals held in the Salon offices on the second Wednesday of every month. Why have the aliens not blasted those evil Salon people with their purity lasers yet? Anyone?

A lot of the pay gap can be attributed to other variables, there still leaves a percentage unaccounted for however.

"Economists Francine Blau and Lawrence Kahn did that in a recent paper, “The Gender Pay Gap.”.”They first accounted for education and experience. That didn’t shift the gap very much, because women generally have at least as much and usually more education than men, and since the 1980s they have been gaining the experience. The fact that men are more likely to be in unions and have their salaries protected accounts for about 4 percent of the gap. The big differences are in occupation and industry. Women congregate in different professions than men do, and the largely male professions tend to be higher-paying. If you account for those differences, and then compare a woman and a man doing the same job, the pay gap narrows to 91 percent. "

http://www.slate.com/articles/doubl..._that_women_make_77_cents_to_every_man_s.html

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Unlike Jimmy Falwell's Liberty University which is the very apogee of objective scholarship

If you have an issue with this article http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-forum/social-justice-theory-a-solution-in-search-of-a-problem/ you should have a go at the author, David Rose, Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, not Liberty University for posting the article, for as you can see the article didn't stem from Liberty University. Liberty University is in Virginia, and David Rose is based in a University in Missouri - a different state. So accrediting Liberty University with the article is mistaken.

Last edited:

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
If you have an issue with this article http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-forum/social-justice-theory-a-solution-in-search-of-a-problem/ you should have a go at the author, David Rose, Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, not Liberty University for posting the study, for as you can see the article didn't stem from Liberty University. Liberty University is in Virginia, and David Rose is based in a University in Missouri - a different state. So accrediting Liberty University with the study is mistaken.
Do you mean the university professor who has no understanding of what it means to beg the question?

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
If you have an issue with this article http://www.libertylawsite.org/liberty-forum/social-justice-theory-a-solution-in-search-of-a-problem/ you should have a go at the author, David Rose, Professor of Economics at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, not Liberty University for posting the article, for as you can see the article didn't stem from Liberty University. Liberty University is in Virginia, and David Rose is based in a University in Missouri - a different state. So accrediting Liberty University with the article is mistaken.

He went to Liberty because he could not get it published anywhere else. I can give a you list of the publications in the Liberty Law Journal. The "biblical foundation of constitutional rights" and "the Second Amendment and democracy"

I have got a website for you Tesser none of this pernicious feminist mangina nonsense there - it lets men be men and women be women the way our white bearded Male hetero God intended: http://www.equalbutdifferent.org/what_we_believe.html

You will find these two particularly resonant

"men are called to loving, self-denying, humble leadership, and women to voluntary, intelligent, willing submission within marriage";

You have got to know your place in an "intelligent and willing" way

within the church, this complementarity is expressed through suitably gifted and appointed men assuming responsibility for authoritative teaching and pastoral oversight; and

No inequality there - just men have a God given right to be superior to women and hold leadership positions

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
He went to Liberty because he could not get it published anywhere else. I can give a you list of the publications in the Liberty Law Journal. The "biblical foundation of constitutional rights" and "the Second Amendment and democracy"

I have got a website for you Tesser none of this pernicious feminist mangina nonsense there - it lets men be men and women be women the way our white bearded Male hetero God intended: http://www.equalbutdifferent.org/what_we_believe.html

You will find these two particularly resonant

"men are called to loving, self-denying, humble leadership, and women to voluntary, intelligent, willing submission within marriage";

You have got to know your place in an "intelligent and willing" way

within the church, this complementarity is expressed through suitably gifted and appointed men assuming responsibility for authoritative teaching and pastoral oversight; and

No inequality there - just men have a God given right to be superior to women and hold leadership positions

Is "He went to Liberty because he could not get it published anywhere else" your opinion or demonstrable fact?

Dalrock has an excellent Christian blog which speaks of how much of Christianity has been overtaken by feminist dogma and how many denominations pander to this group because the majority of its attendees are women, hence catering to them with the feminist message. For the priest to speak against such in his ministering would take attendance and thus money from the church, so the churches continue to pander and push an ungodly message. So, I'm sure you could find hundreds, if not thousands, of different church-based sources for the message you're trying to convey.

Your link here has nothing to do with the Salon article you've posted. The Salon article made up some nonsense about how being a MRA hurts men. It's quite laughable the mental gymnastics that's required to come up with reasons that men pushing for their rights as men somehow hurts men.

So, you resent God for assigning men leadership of his wife, children and household? Leadership doesn't mean superior. It's simply a role - a God-given role. Men and women have equality of dignity and worth, but God made men and women having differing functions. So, an equality of outcome in all instances is not possible, nor is it what God intended.

Last edited:
Is "He went to Liberty because he could not get it published anywhere else" your opinion or demonstrable fact?

Dalrock has an excellent Christian blog which speaks of how much of Christianity has been overtaken by feminist dogma and how many denominations pander to this group because the majority of its attendees are women, hence catering to them with the feminist message. For the priest to speak against such in his ministering would take attendance and thus money from the church, so the churches continue to pander and push an ungodly message. So, I'm sure you could find hundreds, if not thousands, of different church-based sources for the message you're trying to convey.

Your link here has nothing to do with the Salon article you post. The Salon article made up some nonsense about how being a MRA hurts men. It's quite laughable the mental gymnastics that's required to come up with reasons that men pushing for their rights as men somehow hurts men.

So, you resent God for assigning men leadership of his wife, children and household? Leadership doesn't mean superior. It's simply a role - a God-given role. Men and women have equality of dignity and worth, but God made men and women having differing functions. So, an equality of outcome in all instances is not possible, nor is it what God intended.

God does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back