Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

God does not exist.
The belief in a supernatural being that cares about who every one of the billions of people that have ever existed has had sex with (to the point of condemning them to torture for eternity) yet lets babies starve to death and die from preventable diseases like dysentery is as easy to dismiss as the belief that Elvis Presley is working behind the bar at the Rooty Hill RSL.

The belief in a supernatural being that cares about who every one of the billions of people that have ever existed has had sex with (to the point of condemning them to torture for eternity) yet lets babies starve to death and die from preventable diseases like dysentery is as easy to dismiss as the belief that Elvis Presley is working behind the bar at the Rooty Hill RSL.
It's all part of gods plan

It's all part of gods plan
I like this quote from David Attenborough:

"I often get letters, quite frequently, from people who say how they like the programs a lot, but I never give credit to the almighty power that created nature, to which I reply and say, "Well, it's funny that the people, when they say that this is evidence of the almighty, always quote beautiful things, they always quote orchids and hummingbirds and butterflies and roses." But I always have to think too of a little boy sitting on the banks of a river in west Africa who has a worm boring through his eyeball, turning him blind before he's five years old, and I reply and say, "Well presumably the god you speak about created the worm as well," and now, I find that baffling to credit a merciful god with that action, and therefore it seems to me safer to show things that I know to be truth, truthful and factual, and allow people to make up their own minds about the moralities of this thing, or indeed the theology of this thing."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, you resent God for assigning men leadership of his wife, children and household? Leadership doesn't mean superior. It's simply a role - a God-given role. Men and women have equality of dignity and worth, but God made men and women having differing functions. So, an equality of outcome in all instances is not possible, nor is it what God intended.

You surely can't believe that crap which is based on a few errant passages in the bible otherwise you would have to support slavery.

The early church had women in equal roles it wasn't to the Romans got involved in circa 300ad that the rewriting of the message started or read JC's message

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

You surely can't believe that crap which is based on a few errant passages in the bible otherwise you would have to support slavery.

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

"Errant"? Based on what? Your opinion?

There's no slavery involved in male headship if the husband is living by biblical principles. 1 Peter 3:7 states: "Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers."

Jimmy Carter claims "twisted interpretation of God's word", yet his stance defies Ephesians 5:22 where it states: "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord." 1 Peter 3:1 states similarly, where it says: "Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives." Colossians 3:18 likewise states: "Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord." Titus 2: 3-5 states likewise. So, Jimmy Carter's views are mistaken as to what the bible says.

http://www.oldpaths.com/Archive/Davison/Roy/Allen/1940/men.html

The early church had women in equal roles it wasn't to the Romans got involved in circa 300ad that the rewriting of the message started or read JC's message

Your say so makes for a compelling case. Btw, I think you've got it back to front. The scriptures explained that a great apostasy would occur after the death of the apostles. The apostles acted as a restraint to this (2 Thessalonians 2:6-7).

"Errant"? Based on what? Your opinion?

Jimmy Carter claims "twisted interpretation of God's word", yet his stance defies Ephesians 5:22 where it states: "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord." .

Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would Christ

So again if you want to take a literal interpretation why don't you support slavery again?

Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would Christ

So again if you want to take a literal interpretation why don't you support slavery again?

Slavery has existed throughout most of human history, hence God, through the bible, is instructing these ones, too. The scripture does not state or imply that wife = slave. In fact, the Ephesians 6:5 scripture you've quoted has nothing to do with wives. Go read the gay marriage thread where I've discussed another poster's questioning of the slavery issue.

Slavery has existed throughout most of human history, hence God, through the bible, is instructing these ones, too.
So turn that on its head women in historical biblical times may have been treated badly, slavery existed, homophobia ruled and God comented on it . Does not mean God agreed with it ....

You can not interpret the text in a literal sense or by not making historical and cultural exceptions hetl.

So turn that on its head women in historical biblical times may have been treated badly, slavery existed, homophobia ruled and God comented on it . Does not mean God agreed with it ....

You can not interpret the text in a literal sense or by not making historical and cultural exceptions hetl.

I've answered the questions that arise from your comment in the other thread that I've pointed you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back