Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not untrue just because it seems statistically unlikely on the surface. For example, the vast majority of felons in America were raised in single-parent homes (almost always by single mothers). Isn't that statistically unlikely given single-parent homes are a minority? It doesn't make it any less true.
I never said it was untrue, I just contend that it is extremely unlikely given the data at hand. If evidence was to suggest a significant correlation then I would reconsider my views.

Do you think?

It seems anyone who suggests women are part of the larger problem to people like you is turning it into a "men vs women" issue rather than a violent parents contribute to violent people later in life.

How bloody minded.
Nah, I am just very familiar with your posts.

What's to comprehend. You, like numerous other men's rights supporters, deliberately ignore that vast majority of statistical data that contradicts your arguments. You rely on arguments on semantics and focus on the outliers to reinforce your preconceived notions.

Figures for domestic violence by male perpetrators against female victims in Victoria: approx 22,000 in 2009-10.
Number of single parent families in Victoria in 2011: approx 140,000.
Using national figures for single mother families as a base, the number of families with the mother as sole parent would be approx 112.000.

So, of these 22,000 men you would argue that a statistically significant number of them came from the 112,000 single mother families in Victoria, which make up a mere 13% of all families in the state and those single mothers from within said families played a part in their violent tendencies.

These calculations don't even take into account the rise in single parent families over the past few decades either. The actual numbers were probably even smaller when the majority of these perpetrators were growing up.

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@...ment&tabname=Summary&prodno=2&issue=2007-2011
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Products/6224.0.55.001~Jun 2012~Chapter~one Parent Families
http://assets.justice.vic.gov.au/vo...8-97e7043e772e/fvdb_1999_2010_keyfindings.pdf

Once again why are you banging on about single mothers?

When what has been put to you is that their marital status is not relevant to the fact women aren't some small factor in the abuse that children receive and are raised with in the family unit.

I will say again, the woman who started one of the worlds first shelters for women has stated that over 60% of the women she had come through her shelter were violent themsevles.

That one statement carries more weight than your statistics which waffle on about domestic violence against female victims. Not about the whole point being made that if we want to curb domestic violence you dont start with the person doing it, you start with those raising a lot of these people. Of which women also play a major part in this cycle of abuse when raising children.

Haha last word Gus.

11113_Pierce.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he decided he wasn't going to engage with the crazies around here who when pressed on lies think that the truth revealers don't care about DV.
Are you talking about yourself again? ;)

You're boring with just the one post Lebbo. No need to double post.
Given that we have been give first and second spot by Lebbo, is it significant that we are both female? Says a lot about him. Sad really.

Plenty of beta and omega males here for you ladies. Play them white knights for all they are worth!

All that Alpha, beta, omega stuff sounds like something men have created to assign a value to their lifestyle choices. Particularly those who label themselves as alpha so they can still feel like tough manly men and the reason they aren't getting women is because the women are making bad choices.

But what would I know..

In the spirit of being the bleedin' heart, everyone is winner type of leftie that I am, I am concerned about cartwright's well being given that she is only number two prime offender.

:D As long as I'm equal #1 to you Gough.

Given that we have been give first and second spot by Lebbo, is it significant that we are both female? Says a lot about him. Sad really.

Hmm Good question. Do you think he could come up with this ranking, all by himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back