Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If child care workers are paid more, the cost of child care goes up. It's really not even Economics 101.
Do you know anything at all about the child care industry? Let's hear about how your extensive experience in the area gives you an intimate knowledge of the costs, returns for owners, and the pay rates of child care workers.

No? Didn't think so. I will give you one hint: the owners of child care centres definitely isn't a female-skewed group. Think more like large companies and a male-heavy group of investors.

Your statement is essentially "lol if u want wimmen to have cheap child care you will have to pay other wimmens less, dat is science bro".

Everyone is bored with the shallow tedium you bring to these threads.

Do you know anything at all about the child care industry? Let's hear about how your extensive experience in the area gives you an intimate knowledge of the costs, returns for owners, and the pay rates of child care workers.

No? Didn't think so. I will give you one hint: the owners of child care centres definitely isn't a female-skewed group. Think more like large companies and a male-heavy group of investors.

Your statement is essentially "lol if u want wimmen to have cheap child care you will have to pay other wimmens less, dat is science bro".

So you didn't address my point in any way, which was "If child care workers are paid more, the cost of child care goes up."
I'm assuming since you didn't address it, you accept it is correct.

Can you quantify what this actually is? Noting that males also experienced it.
This is a similar argument to "hey men face domestic violence, too!"

Forgetting that the violence that men face is almost universally non-lethal, and mostly less physically injurious than that faced by women.

Disregarding all that, and assuming that the intensity, severity, duration etc of cases of gender discrimination are exactly the same for men and women in the legal profession, the stats there show women experiencing it at 3 1/2 times the rate of men. Let's call it 3, to be conservative because as we all know women can't be trusted to report these things objectively, can they?

Also, quantify? What word were you looking for there? It wasn't quantify.

So you didn't address my point in any way, which was "If child care workers are paid more, the cost of child care goes up."
I'm assuming since you didn't address it, you accept it is correct.
No I'm saying you have no experience and are unable to make that claim.

I can tell you there's a fair whack of profit driven by land value in that. What, women who own property are inflating the market causing other women to pay more for child care? So much for feminist solidarity! Right? Is that how we do it? Find a way to blame women entirely their own circumstances, letting everyone and everything else off the hook?

Ok so you are not disagreeing with the claim, you are just saying I am 'unable' to make that claim due to not owning a child care centre? And you wonder why this thread ends up in circular arguments and ad hominems.

I can tell you there's a fair whack of profit driven by land value in that.
Can you elaborate?

I can tell you there's a fair whack of profit driven by land value in that. What, women who own property are inflating the market causing other women to pay more for child care? So much for feminist solidarity! Right? Is that how we do it? Find a way to blame women entirely their own circumstances, letting everyone and everything else off the hook?
I forgot to mention that is if you can find one near you or one that accommodates women that work shifts.

+1 just took him off ignore after receiving a pm that he was claiming I was a bully :drunk:. Same boring relentless trolling as in the marriage equality thread. Adds nothing just desperate attention seeking.
time to put back on ignore methinks.

+1 just took him off ignore after receiving a pm that he was claiming I was a bully :drunk:. Same boring relentless trolling as in the marriage equality thread. Adds nothing just desperate attention seeking.
time to put back on ignore methinks.
I have, only if I scroll through before logging in do I see his posts.
Surprisingly when I first started posting thought he was a good contributor, shows how wrong I was.

Ok so you are not disagreeing with the claim, you are just saying I am 'unable' to make that claim
I pointed out another possible cause of the high price of child care. You didn't understand and...
Can you elaborate?
LOL DAT IS ECOGNOMIKS 101!!11

Last edited:
http://qz.com/470301/men-are-literally-freezing-women-out-of-the-workplace/

Office temperatures are designed for men.A new study confirms that women’s body temperatures are much lower than the standard used to set air-conditioning levels, making women much more prone to feeling uncomfortably cold. The study was published online in Nature Climate Change (paywall).Though the new research is based on a small sample size of 16 women, it replicates previous findings. One study found that the standard metabolic rate used to set office temperatures is as much as 35% higher than the average female metabolic rate

Who spots the irony in this dribble?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These people are pathetic. If men know that women need a warmer environment to operate effectively, that keeping it colder will maintain the glass ceiling, then they know lots of s**t, are pretty fracken cluey and economically more sustainable as result of working it out without expensive studies. If women don't know, and can only surmise this may be the case, need to spend on studies, then quite clearly they are dumber an don't deliver the same bang for your buck.

Its quite reasonable for the room temp to be colder anyway as its a lot easier to rug up than strip down in an office environment.
I'm happy to have the thermostat a couple of degrees higher as long as the ladies agree not to file a sexual harassment complaint when I strip down to my heath grundies

I'm happy to have the thermostat a couple of degrees higher as long as the ladies agree not to file a sexual harassment complaint when I strip down to my heath grundies
Na not sexual harassment more like assault on the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back