FFA Cup Final – Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory Dec 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the game in Perth last night, was quite enjoyable, but the Athletics stadium is pure shite, the stand was like 50metres from the pitch, very poor venue choice.

both games streamed again tonight

really confident we can get a positive result, hope Berisha bags a couple (Y)

The draw for the round of 16! (Times, dates and venues to be announced on Monday) matches to be played on the 16/23 of September.

Adelaide City vs Brisbane Strikers.

Sydney Olympic vs Bentleigh Greens.

Palm Beach Sharks vs South Springsvale.

Adelaide United vs Brisbane Roar.

Olympic FC vs Central Coast Mariners.

Sydney United vs Sydney FC.

Tuggeranong United vs Melbourne Victory.

St Albans Saints vs Perth Glory.

The draw for the round of 16! (Times, dates and venues to be announced on Monday) matches to be played on the 16/23 of September.

Adelaide City vs Brisbane Strikers.

Sydney Olympic vs Bentleigh Greens.

Palm Beach Sharks vs South Springsvale.

Adelaide United vs Brisbane Roar.

Olympic FC vs Central Coast Mariners.

Sydney United vs Sydney FC.

Tuggeranong United vs Melbourne Victory.

St Albans Saints vs Perth Glory.

I started playing Junior Football (under 8's) for Tuggeranong United back in the 70's when they were known as Kambah United and wore Brown shirts with a Yellow and Brown stripe and played off and on until the late 80's when knee injuries took their toll. I'm really happy to see them having some success and now have the opportunity to play one of the biggest clubs in the country.

I hope this competition becomes a success and the 'fairytale' stories that make the FA Cup in England such a wonderful tournament can also happen hear and bring some much needed local coverage for the game at all levels. Perhaps United can start this with a win over Melbourne.

Good luck to United and I hope they can pull off another upset.

I started playing Junior Football (under 8's) for Tuggeranong United back in the 70's when they were known as Kambah United and wore Brown shirts with a Yellow and Brown stripe and played off and on until the late 80's when knee injuries took their toll. I'm really happy to see them having some success and now have the opportunity to play one of the biggest clubs in the country.

I hope this competition becomes a success and the 'fairytale' stories that make the FA Cup in England such a wonderful tournament can also happen hear and bring some much needed local coverage for the game at all levels. Perhaps United can start this with a win over Melbourne.

Good luck to United and I hope they can pull off another upset.

wow! great post. gives everyone a sense of real community spirit!

can you explain the club logo?

Tuggeranong_United_FC_Logo.png

wow! great post. gives everyone a sense of real community spirit!

can you explain the club logo?

Not sure about the club logo. Tuggeranong United is a merger between Kambah United and Wanniassa so perhaps it's an amalgamation of their logos. Perhaps because Tuggeranong is in a valley, perhaps they are mountains the footabll is flying over. I'm not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But isn't it the same in the FA Cup.
Nope - FA Cup is completely random. FFA Cup is "semi-random" ensuring there will be a certain number of a-league v state league matches, a-league v a-league matches & state league v state league matches - however which teams are drawn into each slot is random.

Hoping for Syd United, Sth Springvale, Adelaide Utd & Perth to go through on Tuesday.

FFA should then "randomly" draw Adelaide City vs Adelaide Utd in the 1/4 finals. That would be a huge game.

y perth and not st albans?

Im back to continue my posting frenzy

After losing to Melbourne Knights in the 120th minute of the Docherty Cup, Sth Springvale are on the way to the Gold Coast to face QLD NPL Champs Sth Coast Sharks

There is a travelling party of about 100 going up from the Sth East Suburbs

Although a home game would've been best from a revenue perspective, gotta love a road trip

Aris Ole'

Im back to continue my posting frenzy

After losing to Melbourne Knights in the 120th minute of the Docherty Cup, Sth Springvale are on the way to the Gold Coast to face QLD NPL Champs Sth Coast Sharks

There is a travelling party of about 100 going up from the Sth East Suburbs

Although a home game would've been best from a revenue perspective, gotta love a road trip

Aris Ole'
Woah man, slow down, you'll be accused of spamming soon :p

NEBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also great to see so many empty blue seats in Western Sydney. The Sydney FC players must think it's a home game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back