FFA Cup Final – Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory Dec 16

Remove this Banner Ad

40 minutes of frustration, should have had 2-3 goals. Reddy the only one keeping them in it but the Mariners ended up breaking. Very relieving.
Every time I walked out the room I could hear an amazing save hahahaha I missed them all except the last one on Cirio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk that the FFA may move the cup so it starts during May giving the non league teams a better chance of being match fit. Good idea IMO and the final should be about this time next year and on a weekend (no a league games for the weekend of the FFA Cup final).

Perth is an issue, mid week football doesn't work for them with their timezone.

No. It's a s**t idea. This competition will never be taken truly seriously if it's all played in pre season and in the first 5 weeks of the season. The final has to be after the new year, preferably in February.

What they should do is add more non-league sides and have a Round of 44, so 22 get eliminated and then the 10 A-League sides get added making 32 in the second round.

Gives the non-league sides a chance to get more of a cup run going as well as allowing the A-League sides to play most of their games during their season. If it's all played early it will basically be considered a pre season competition and will be treated as such by fans and teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back