FFA Cup Final – Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory Dec 16

Remove this Banner Ad

no I wouldn't actually because I realise that the game has to be played somewhere.

If West Coast make the grand final this year they've got no chance of playing it at Subi and no one wants to change that so why is this such an injustice?

because there is no "home" for the first ever FFA cup final

should have been drawn to see who got the home game

because there is no "home" for the first ever FFA cup final

should have been drawn to see who got the home game
the MCG is the "home" of the AFL grand final because it makes more money. Same reason they picked Hindmarsh.

they'd never set a precedent to draw the home team for the cup final because it would have cost them money now and down the track. I agree it "should" be, but like everything the format needs to make money to go on existing. Football is played on a square patch of grass, where its located isn't the difference between winning and losing.

Football is played on a square patch of grass, where its located isn't the difference between winning and losing.

So you don't believe in a home ground advantage? Because its pretty pronounced in the A-league. I think that there needs be a more equitable way of determining the hosting rights of the FFA Cup, because I guarantee you that if there's ever an opportunity to host it in Sydney the FFA will make it happen, and that's not fair to the rest of the competition who are at a disadvantage.

I'm not trying to downplay Adelaide (who were easily the better side), but it really should be a random draw of some kind.

So you don't believe in a home ground advantage? Because its pretty pronounced in the A-league. I think that there needs be a more equitable way of determining the hosting rights of the FFA Cup, because I guarantee you that if there's ever an opportunity to host it in Sydney the FFA will make it happen, and that's not fair to the rest of the competition who are at a disadvantage.

I'm not trying to downplay Adelaide (who were easily the better side), but it really should be a random draw of some kind.

is there a stadium in canberra that could host? i say that.

ffa will make it sydney final if their (ffa) team gets into the final.

A neutral venue isn't possible at this time. I can't see Melbourne and Sydney fans selling out a stadium to watch Adelaide and Glory duke it out. We aren't gifted location wise like England is with Wembley Stadium and the cup doesn't have enough history yet. A fair draw shown live on television or online would be the fairest option and would at least allow both supporters and teams to go "yep it was luck of the draw" unlike what happened with this first cup. I'd even be for basing it where the side is currently on the table and the highest placed team gets to host it.

Two legs is the only option.

- It's fair
- Both finalists profit
- Broadcasters get two high viewing games

Everybody wins

the MCG is the "home" of the AFL grand final because it makes more money. Same reason they picked Hindmarsh.

they'd never set a precedent to draw the home team for the cup final because it would have cost them money now and down the track. I agree it "should" be, but like everything the format needs to make money to go on existing. Football is played on a square patch of grass, where its located isn't the difference between winning and losing.

fwiw NIB can have more people in it than Hindmarsh... should have been on the weekend anyway. what would have happened if Perth and Bayswater both made the final? 4.30pm kick off?

it's location isn't a difference. FMD. you actually think that? every field is different. fans making intimidating atmosphere can make a whole world of difference. the travel the away team has to make. etc etc

Agree with the idea of a two-legged final. If you can't have a final at a neutral venue (and for the reasons already discussed, it's not realistic at this time) then a two-legged final is the next best thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol it's not a valid excuse. I go to most games anyway. Central Coast would have been given the game and they have a worse average attendance than us so your statement is flawed.
mate considering the performance of your team, and population of the city/state - the fact your still struggling to get >10k to games is a very disappointing mystery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back