Footy Fanatic FFL - Footy Fanatic League

Remove this Banner Ad

illnino

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2005
Closeburn, QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A League with Trades, Drafts, and even Development Points - Not like the others!

The FFL (Footy Fanatic League) is a game where you are the coach/team selector for one of the 16 AFL teams.

The league will run using a game for PC called 'Footy Fanatic' (don't worry, you don't need it to play in this league) and team lists will be current (06) with players attributes ranked as accurately as possible.

Once you choose a team, your job each week will be to select a side of 22 players and 3 emergencies from your list. These players cannot be injured or suspended, and should be placed in their best playing positions (eg. Full Forward, Ruck, Bench etc) as this will certainly affect the outcome of each match.

This league will include Development Points, Trading, Drafts (pre-season and national) and lots more, running for multiple seasons. It will require smart, keen coaches to gain success in this League.

Games will be simulated on Footy Fanatic, with your chosen squad facing off against others each week throughout the seasons. Injuries and Reports can occur and players can be injured/suspended for various amounts of weeks.

To go even a step further, emergency players may need to be called up at the last minute to replace late withdrawls...

All of this and the rest will be explained in detail if I get enough numbers to continue this league....

Results, ladders, stats (match and season) etc. will be posted weekly and just so you know, there can be no cheating - Since I will be simulating the games, and I will not be coaching a team, there is no way for anybody to cheat.

If your interested, just post what team you want, and make sure to check back for news on when we start!

Cheers.

Teams

Adelaide - storm20
Brisbane - gatsid
Carlton - westy07
Collingwood - Rozza44
Essendon - eorl
Fremantle - Yello Mit
Geelong - brett_go_cats
Hawthorn - Leafie
Kangaroos - CrazyQ
Melbourne - demon21
Pt. Adelaide - bouncer34
Richmond - Armageddon
St. Kilda - Guido17
Sydney - Kegs44
West Coast - amos
W. Bulldogs - J.Gallagher #1

Reserve Coaches

1 -
2 -

I'm up for it but the same idea just died (TFL)

but if it is a go ahead i'll take essendon

eorl said:
I'm up for it but the same idea just died (TFL)

I had a little look at that league and to be honoust, it was just too complicated...

This league will be detailed, yet simplistic....

I will post all the rules when we get the numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

demon21 said:
I take Melbourne thanks.

No probs guys.....Rules will be posted by the end of the week (I'll try to post them tomorrow...) and we should be ready for first round action the following weekend! :thumbsu:

illnino said:
I had a little look at that league and to be honoust, it was just too complicated...

This league will be detailed, yet simplistic....

I will post all the rules when we get the numbers.

Thats cool just so you know it takes a lot of commitment on your part

eorl said:
Thats cool just so you know it takes a lot of commitment on your part

Lol. yeh I know. This is why I've made my league a little bit simpler....

I've just finished writing out all the rules so you'll find out what I mean tomorrow when I post them here...

I've left some more comlicated things out, but added some new stuff in also.......you'll see.

Trust me, I'll hang around and run this thing for as long as you guys keep playing it! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back