Fiancé left me can anyone share a similar story?

Remove this Banner Ad

JimmyDE

Jive for Bay13s Safety Officer
Jul 6, 2011
Pursuing my ambition to become big in Japans
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi, 2 weeks ago my Fiancé left me, I suffer from depression I think that's what drove her away. She completely changed about 3 weeks ago, we were together for 6 and a half years engaged for nearly 2,we lived together for 5 years including 2 at her parents saving to buy a house but I lost my job and we decided to rent, her family is very dependent on her, she said she needed to find herself, was lost and not happy anymore but she said she still loves and cares for me. I really miss them and want them back.

Is there anyone else who has been in the same situation that has some advice? Cheers.

Last edited:

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants
Hi, 2 weeks ago my Fiancé and Daughter left me, I suffer from depression I think that's what drove her away. She completely changed about 3 weeks ago, we were together for 6 and a half years engaged for nearly 2,we lived together for 5 years including 2 at her parents saving to buy a house but I lost my job and we decided to rent, her family is very dependent on her, she said she needed to find herself, was lost and not happy anymore but she said she still loves and cares for me. I really miss them and want them back.

Is there anyone else who has been in the same situation that has some advice? Cheers.

Asks Internet for advice.

so you were engaged to your daughter ? o_O

Internet responds in usual manner.

she said she needed to find herself
= bone other dudes.

Has she recently celebrated a birthday milestone (e.g 30th/40th)?

Nah she hasn't, if she is boning other dudes good luck to her but I hope she comes to her senses.

I didn't want to come off as an insensitive knob Xanny but a lot of the time it is usually the simplest explanation that is the most likely.

Has your depression escalated recently?

JimmyDE

Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn't want to come off as an insensitive knob Xanny but a lot of the time it is usually the simplest explanation that is the most likely.

Has your depression escalated recently?
All good mate :)

Yeah the depression has taken off in the last month, I use to take medication for it but it eventually runs out but I guess it helps in the short term.

She told me she didn't want to bone or find anyone for a long time, can't honestly see where she would find the time, but if she wants to what can you do about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the depression has taken off in the last month, I use to take medication for it but it eventually runs out but I guess it helps in the short term.

She told me she didn't want to bone or find anyone for a long time, can't honestly see where she would find the time, but if she wants to what can you do about it.

Have your doctors recommended this?

You don't go cold turkey from anti-depressants mate.

Porked04

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Really sorry to hear Jimmy, you must be going through hell inside mate and I hope you can find some peace and solace in your life.

FWIW the missus has suffered from depression for years due to past events in her life. It did put a strain on things at times and I used to feel inadequate thinking that I was the cause of her sadness (more due to my lack of understanding). She has recently come off the meds and has felt great the last couple of years. We found doing little things like booking holidays regularly/having a night out for dinner/weekends away/walking and exercising together really made a difference.

I really hope all works out mate and she does come to her senses :rainbow:

JimmyDE

Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well you sound calm and level-headed about it all, as much as one can tell from a few online posts anyway.

That's a good start.
It's been a couple of weeks so I've healed quite a lot, but she is always on my mind.

Have your doctors recommended this?

You don't go cold turkey from anti-depressants mate.
To be honest I haven't taken them since 2013 and haven't really felt the urge to for a long time as I was really happy for a while, I should of just kept taking them tho, I tried to hide my depression from my ex and my daughter as they didn't really need to put up with it.

JimmyDE

Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really sorry to hear Jimmy, you must be going through hell inside mate and I hope you can find some peace and solace in your life.

FWIW the missus has suffered from depression for years due to past events in her life. It did put a strain on things at times and I used to feel inadequate thinking that I was the cause of her sadness (more due to my lack of understanding). She has recently come off the meds and has felt great the last couple of years. We found doing little things like booking holidays regularly/having a night out for dinner/weekends away/walking and exercising together really made a difference.

I really hope all works out mate and she does come to her senses :rainbow:
Cheers mate, sounds like your missus has overcome the demons inside of her and moved on to be happy, that is my aim.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Horrible situation mate.

Don't know what to tell you - try not to lose her completely, but sort yourself out, if you can, maybe you'll then be able to sort the relationship out.

Most people on this forum probably lucky to ever pull a fiancé tbh

You realise most people on here aren't as hopeless as you, right?

It's been a couple of weeks so I've healed quite a lot, but she is always on my mind.

Of course she would be, but she isn't and never would be part of you.

She has made her choices (good or bad) and all being well you'll be left with good memories as opposed to great 'What may have been's'
They may have been great.........but they may have been diabolical. Suck up the good and spit out the bad.

Feb 1, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Swinburne
Well JimmyDE (are you Xanman? I can't remember) getting on the internet and talking about it isn't the worst idea ever, but none of us are qualified counsellors. Talk it through with a professional, because the feelings you're experiencing now may come back to seriously bite you.

JimmyDE

Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well JimmyDE (are you Xanman? I can't remember) getting on the internet and talking about it isn't the worst idea ever, but none of us are qualified counsellors. Talk it through with a professional, because the feelings you're experiencing now may come back to seriously bite you.
Thanks mate!! And yes to your question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back