FIFA arrests: top officials arrested on charges of wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering

Remove this Banner Ad

the corrupt are going to solve corruption? You having a tug.
The base of the investigative pyramid into corruption in the US is the FBI. They've been in the anti-corruption game for a LONG time. As mentioned by another poster, their success rate with the RICO laws excels. The DOJ is taking the limelight here, but make no mistake, it's the FBI doing the legwork. And the FBI are, by and large, above reproach. There's no doubt that the US will use this to score as many political points as they can, but there's a far more important issue at stake; reform within FIFA.

And that is something we should all want.

Because I didn't understand what "Is the letter anti Russian?" was asking of me.

Regardless of that I think I've made it pretty bloody clear that I only care about seeing FIFA prosecuted and don't give a s**t who does it.
He's referring to the Lendman blog he linked.

Key word being 'blog'.

Uruguayan footballers union trying to annul Suarez's bite-ban

Uruguay players' union legal adviser Ernesto Liotti said: "With these facts [of alleged corruption], Fifa's decisions in the last few years have come under a mantle of suspicion. "We have no proof that this [sanction] was made within the framework of illegal actions but nothing guarantees us that it wasn't."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32926042

:drunk: o_O

The base of the investigative pyramid into corruption in the US is the FBI. They've been in the anti-corruption game for a LONG time. As mentioned by another poster, their success rate with the RICO laws excels. The DOJ is taking the limelight here, but make no mistake, it's the FBI doing the legwork. And the FBI are, by and large, above reproach. There's no doubt that the US will use this to score as many political points as they can, but there's a far more important issue at stake; reform within FIFA.

And that is something we should all want.
yeah- US Prosecutors are good imperial soliders

yeah- US Prosecutors are good imperial soliders
Your consistent usage of terms like 'imperial' etc strongly indicate an anti-US mantra. Throw in the fact that your grammar is crap, and I'm left to wonder if English is your primary language. I suspect not. Either way, you're missing the point of the conversation completely.

No-one here is arguing that the US political mechanisms or law enforcement agencies are the perpetual heroes of democracy that they consider themselves to be. Indeed, most of the posters in the last few pages, myself included, have expressly pointed out they agree that for the most part, the US is correctly considered to not have the moral high ground on much. However, we're discussing the merits of the DOJ's actions against FIFA. The positives, at face value, vastly outweigh the negative.

We're all football fans in here. We all know that FIFA's needed that BanzHammer for a long time. We all know that Qatar 2022 will quite likely end up as one of the worst violations of human rights in recent history, and a blight on the beautiful game.

We should just be grateful that SOMEONE with some clout has finally decided to stand up to FIFA. And get a few laughs along the way.

Thought I clicked the Association Football board, not SRP.

Anyway, if these alleged crimes were committed on US soil, can someone tell me what exactly is the issue with the US wanting to investigate this further? CONCACAF home base is in Miami is it not?

Thought I clicked the Association Football board, not SRP.

Anyway, if these alleged crimes were committed on US soil, can someone tell me what exactly is the issue with the US wanting to investigate this further? CONCACAF home base is in Miami is it not?

The crimes were committed through the use of the US banking system. That's how the FBI established jurisdiction. If Blatter & Co didn't deal in US dollars and didn't use US banks there would be nothing the FBI could charge then with.

The crimes were committed through the use of the US banking system. That's how the FBI established jurisdiction. If Blatter & Co didn't deal in US dollars and didn't use US banks there would be nothing the FBI could charge then with.

Ok cool, should have stuck with the paper bags with the big dollar signs then.

Couldn't agree more with the general sentiment of all rational football followers good to see something get done whether through the U.S. Or Swiss systems. Hopefully change for the better follows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool, should have stuck with the paper bags with the big dollar signs then.

Couldn't agree more with the general sentiment of all rational football followers good to see something get done whether through the U.S. Or Swiss systems. Hopefully change for the better follows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not about corruption - everything about geo-poltical tensions between empire and rising powers not to mention the planned vote today to expel Israel from the assocaition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CGHUgPXWoAAVBNi.jpg

Never mind the extravagance.

If stadiums have started to be built, and/or contracts signed to build or redevelop other stadiums in Russia and Qatar, any change of host will cost FIFA a s**t load in compensation. You would think that none or maybe only one has been started in Qatar, but how many in Russia??
If it can be proven that Russia and Qatar used bribes to to win bids to host world cups they are on sticky ground.
The lawyers will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of parties suing each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back